Archived Fall National Meeting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yikes! You certainly have alot of faith in Spot to rely on it for both your current and future income.
I'm young so I can take risks lol....and it's been in the positive YTD so not taking a loss yet

Anyone heard of the Build An Endcap app that was announced at Fall National? The way it was explained to me, you pick a department (or class?) then pick how you want the endcap to be built (ex. sale items, single price point, items with the highest margin, etc) and it'll look at what you have in the back and batch an endcap's worth of stuff according to your criteria.

It sounds pretty incredible, but I suspect that somehow it will fail to live up to expectations. But if it works it'll be a great tool. From what I heard we're supposed to get it sometime in October.

Anyone heard of the Build An Endcap app that was announced at Fall National? The way it was explained to me, you pick a department (or class?) then pick how you want the endcap to be built (ex. sale items, single price point, items with the highest margin, etc) and it'll look at what you have in the back and batch an endcap's worth of stuff according to your criteria.

It sounds pretty incredible, but I suspect that somehow it will fail to live up to expectations. But if it works it'll be a great tool. From what I heard we're supposed to get it sometime in October.
Wonder if stores will be given fewer sales planners to account for some flexibility.

We already have endcaps from corporate that aren't being built.... this could make it worse.

is it just one of those apps that only the exempt have or will it be on the mydevice or can u download it from the app store?

Wasn't this discussed in the MyDevice thread? It would be easier to do it this way so as to avoid building endcaps with some 0 onhands items (bec then I will have to find items we have at the back that I can flex in there).

This seems like a good idea... but it would be great if they eliminate SPLs on TWT or at least have it not affect SFLA. There's really never enough products to keep an SPL alive for 3-4 weeks. And having to go back and forth rebuilding/taking down SPLs is just a pain

This seems like a good idea... but it would be great if they eliminate SPLs on TWT or at least have it not affect SFLA. There's really never enough products to keep an SPL alive for 3-4 weeks. And having to go back and forth rebuilding/taking down SPLs is just a pain
Agreed! I've been known to tie SPLs with insufficient instocks to dummy locations (and change the capacity of all their items to 0 as to not affect replenishment) so it doesn't ding SFLA. If I'm keeping my endcaps full and impactful and making smart merchandising decisions, no one really cares.
is it just one of those apps that only the exempt have or will it be on the mydevice or can u download it from the app store?
My STL said it would be on the MyDevice (and possibly integrated into myWork) much like Checkpoint and myStats.

Agreed! I've been known to tie SPLs with insufficient instocks to dummy locations (and change the capacity of all their items to 0 as to not affect replenishment) so it doesn't ding SFLA. If I'm keeping my endcaps full and impactful and making smart merchandising decisions, no one really cares.

My STL said it would be on the MyDevice (and possibly integrated into myWork) much like Checkpoint and myStats.

You smart. I wish POG who does our salesplanners would think like this. They just set it empty and walk away.. We get yelled at cause it is empty but our comeback is now always "They should not have set it empty." They knew it was empty.

I also wish POG readiness was more accurate.. It really doesn't help that 100% only means you have at least one of each item on the SPL. You'd think they'd be able to relate this in that program roll out..

Why don't you tie multiple spls to your l endcap when they're not at good ready? Someone would have to extend out the asile sections for you, ie, section 10, 20 and so on. It gets the product out of the br and gets it off twt until it's at a good percent and you have an end available. Of course you have to be smart about which ones you double tie as far as merchandising.

Why don't you tie multiple spls to your l endcap when they're not at good ready? Someone would have to extend out the asile sections for you, ie, section 10, 20 and so on. It gets the product out of the br and gets it off twt until it's at a good percent and you have an end available. Of course you have to be smart about which ones you double tie as far as merchandising.

We do, but eventually even that dies. For the most part, POG team will understand how to merch it. The problem is when you have flow or dayside TMs who aren't experienced in flexing will just bs the products. Next thing you know, a TL/ETL will see an empty endcap, without checking br quantity, and just tear down the SPL and create a fuller endcap.

Me and my other salesfloor TLs, account for 60% of the payroll hours. We do all the adjacencies, sales plans, clearance..... because by the time the next Tm arrives, its after noon and all projects are done.

Well then by all means you are truly remarkable. Your store should term most of the store since your squad of crack Team Leads do most of the work.

Well then by all means you are truly remarkable. Your store should term most of the store since your squad of crack Team Leads do most of the work.
It's not that they're so amazing and the team members aren't. It's the fact that there isn't enough payroll to have non-TLs work. So yes, Target essentially did tell their stores to get rid of most of their team members and let the TLs do the work.

My store gets ~300 hours for the sales floor (not including fitting room, market, and electronics) and has 4 sales floor TLs. There just aren't many hours to go around to the rest, so the team members don't even get the opportunity to do a lot of the work.

It's not that they're so amazing and the team members aren't. It's the fact that there isn't enough payroll to have non-TLs work. So yes, Target essentially did tell their stores to get rid of most of their team members and let the TLs do the work.

My store gets ~300 hours for the sales floor (not including fitting room, market, and electronics) and has 4 sales floor TLs. There just aren't many hours to go around to the rest, so the team members don't even get the opportunity to do a lot of the work.

Is yours a Super Target? I remember some time back, I believe in 2013, there was a corporate edict to reduce TL head count. My store lost three TL during that period, bringing us down to one sales floor TL.

Is yours a Super Target? I remember some time back, I believe in 2013, there was a corporate edict to reduce TL head count. My store lost three TL during that period, bringing us down to one sales floor TL.
C volume pfresh. We're supposed to have 3, but when my team earned enough sales to get a food ave TL, they took it straight to the sales floor from day 1. We did lose a sales floor TL and the pricing TL (and an ETL) when they did those reductions. Oh also we have the VMTL, so you could count that as 5 sales floor TLs.

C volume pfresh. We're supposed to have 3, but when my team earned enough sales to get a food ave TL, they took it straight to the sales floor from day 1. We did lose a sales floor TL and the pricing TL (and an ETL) when they did those reductions. Oh also we have the VMTL, so you could count that as 5 sales floor TLs.

Uhhh thats the problem right there, TLs not distributed properly.

Stores actually save payroll by having TMs do morning sales floor tasks. By taking away leadership responsibilities, more can get done.

Last edited:
Uhhh thats the problem right there, TLs not distributed properly.

Stores actually save payroll by having TMs to morning sales floor tasks. By taking away leadership responsibilities, more can get done.
I completely agree. The sales floor TLs don't get to do hardly any leadership tasks. They barely even get to meet their team members, let alone work with them. They spend a decent portion of their week just zoning, doing reshot, and backup cashiering. And then the LOD is the one following up with sales floor tms and assigning them what area to zone.

The sales floor TLs don't get to do hardly any leadership tasks. They barely even get to meet their team members, let alone work with them.

I can definitely sympathize with that. I had at least four team members leave only to realize they weren't there any longer months after. During times like those I remember something Lisa said in an episode of The Simpsons, "I'm sure our leaving would mean something if we actually took the time to get to know one another.".

I think you need to retreat to a safe space and take some of your meds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back