Archived Finally GSA

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a 50 cent raise. I now make $9.86.

You are grossly underpaid for GSA. If you show you can perform well, I would speak to my STL or ETL HR and demand at least another 1.25 or if you have experience maybe even another dollar on top of that. When u became GSA I started at 12$ (and that's in Georgia which isn't a high COL state) and couldn't have imagined doing it for a penny less. And don't let them skimp you on hours either. If the give you less than 30-32 then you let them know either you need to pick up some shifts Kk your ability is about to change. No company should hold a right to your schedule unless you're at or near full time.

You are grossly underpaid for GSA. If you show you can perform well, I would speak to my STL or ETL HR and demand at least another 1.25 or if you have experience maybe even another dollar on top of that. When u became GSA I started at 12$ (and that's in Georgia which isn't a high COL state) and couldn't have imagined doing it for a penny less. And don't let them skimp you on hours either. If the give you less than 30-32 then you let them know either you need to pick up some shifts Kk your ability is about to change. No company should hold a right to your schedule unless you're at or near full time.

GSA is 50 cents above base in most districts, so I make $9.79. And we sure as heck aren't guaranteed 40 hours. Though I do seem to be guaranteed 32. And I only got every other weekend off when they had me work 4 months of weekends straight and they burned me out doing so....so emails flew and they got me on rotating weekends before I killed someone.

Infraction
GSA is 50 cents above base in most districts, so I make $9.79. And we sure as heck aren't guaranteed 40 hours. Though I do seem to be guaranteed 32. And I only got every other weekend off when they had me work 4 months of weekends straight and they burned me out doing so....so emails flew and they got me on rotating weekends before I killed someone.

And yet my starting was $3.00 above base so Fuck you mean

And yet my starting was $3.00 above base so Fuck you mean
c3d0981ae770f926eedf4eda7505b006.jpeg

The best part of being GSA is how your store's leadership will look down on you like you're not doing a good job and you are the sole reason for the REDcard deficiency and you're just a lowly TM even though you bust your ass every second you are there and you are basically the LOD of all things front-end and your team loves you and the guests love you.

This! So damn true...

Besides the redcards. I loved the position. Goodluck, congratz and try not to murder your ETL

Congrats! make sure you always try to vibe with the guests! One of our GSAs got fired the other day for really not caring about Redcards so I think I might go for it but I will see what happens.

@thetargetman I think that is what happened to one of my GSA's who was just promoted too...
yea and he would always brag about what he did and not caring. at our one minute "huddles" he would say "all your numbers are good and just get redcards" and he would say "you know I really do not care" so yea... he deserved getting fired.

Have fun with it! There will ALWAYS be a lot to complain about, but it can be a great fit for some people. If you ever get too stressed, just take a step back and remind yourself that you're literally freaking out because somebody has to wait an extra 30 seconds to check out or some guest (RAGING F***ING B***H) couldn't read a sign or something stupid. It's an hourly TM-level position, not your life :)

If you have any questions, don't be shy!

Had my GSA interviews on Friday with the ETL-GE and then the STL, now just waiting to find out if I got the Job. STL told me that I did great and they had one more interview this week, but that I should hear y the end of this week. wish me luck!

So I had my first shift that I felt like I had no backing from any of the leaders. I had three call outs and a ncns. They had me leave the front while it was busy and call people in, no one came in. The cart attendant was one of them so the garbage was not done. Instead of the LOD offering to help, they asked me why the garbage has not been done. How can I get that done while I'm on register and there is no one left on the floor since they are already backing up? And they overlooked the fact that we had 9 redcards by 12:30.

So I had my first shift that I felt like I had no backing from any of the leaders. I had three call outs and a ncns. They had me leave the front while it was busy and call people in, no one came in. The cart attendant was one of them so the garbage was not done. Instead of the LOD offering to help, they asked me why the garbage has not been done. How can I get that done while I'm on register and there is no one left on the floor since they are already backing up? And they overlooked the fact that we had 9 redcards by 12:30.

Welcome to GSA.

You can do as good of a job as anyone can possibly do, and nobody will give a shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back