Were the Coke and Mickey shirts the same DPCI? You can cut the tag to damage and disable the RFID circuit inside it. Then you can use the RFID gilun to encode a new RFID sticker to the proper DPCI for the Coke shirts
No, they weren't the same. I passed that whole mess off to one of the style leads when he came in.

Weve had hex for over a year; we were a test store. Its fine for small breakables but sucks for big things like picture frames or lamps. I hope we are still able to use bubble wrap. I guess ill find out when we get our order in.

I hated the brown hex pack stuff, nobody could really figure out how to use it, so they'd just order bubble wrap rolls from Office Depot, but we just got the white rolls. I sure hope it works better than the other stuff!

Are all stores using this? I haven’t seen any communication on it.
My TL got an email on it, and a few days later we got sent the dispensers and 3 rolls of hexcel wrap to set up. Apparently bubblewrap isnt guest friendly, based on guest feedback...or something like that.

My TL got an email on it, and a few days later we got sent the dispensers and 3 rolls of hexcel wrap to set up. Apparently bubblewrap isnt guest friendly, based on guest feedback...or something like that.
Hmmm I would have been the one to get an email. Maybe they’re still rolling it out (no pun intended). Oh well it doesn’t look very TM friendly

Weve had hex for over a year; we were a test store. Its fine for small breakables but sucks for big things like picture frames or lamps. I hope we are still able to use bubble wrap. I guess ill find out when we get our order in.
The communication we got said that bubblewrap would no longer be orderable. They sent us hex dispenser stands for each of our prep stations. It seems like it will be a PITA especially trying to get seasonals and part timers to use it correctly.

The communication we got said that bubblewrap would no longer be orderable. They sent us hex dispenser stands for each of our prep stations. It seems like it will be a PITA especially trying to get seasonals and part timers to use it correctly.

Great. I have a hard enough time getting the guys to use airspeed let alone wrapping it in bubble wrap. Im not sure they even know what the hex is for. Q4 is gonna be rough.

This is gunna be fun

Hi there Flex peeps,

I’m becoming a fulfillment “pacesetter”/captain during 4th quarter and was wondering if anyone could offer any advice regarding fulfillment leadership or fulfillment tips in general. I’ve been reading this thread and there is some great stuff in here but I figured I would ask. I am not from a flex background, I’m coming from a different department.

I don’t want to post a ton of details regarding my store but if anyone needs more info in order to get a bigger picture feel free to send me a PM!

(If you need more info about the pacesetter position, it’s under flexible fulfillment leadership during Q4 in the October addendum)

I hope i don't get asked to be pacesetter. I'm one of the top fulfillment people but i don't want to be in charge/responsible for these kids we've been hiring who don't want to work
I’m not really keen on that either since we have such large hiring needs at my store that we will accept almost anyone but I guess someone has to do it!

Hi there Flex peeps,

I’m becoming a fulfillment “pacesetter”/captain during 4th quarter and was wondering if anyone could offer any advice regarding fulfillment leadership or fulfillment tips in general. I’ve been reading this thread and there is some great stuff in here but I figured I would ask. I am not from a flex background, I’m coming from a different department.

I don’t want to post a ton of details regarding my store but if anyone needs more info in order to get a bigger picture feel free to send me a PM!

(If you need more info about the pacesetter position, it’s under flexible fulfillment leadership during Q4 in the October addendum)

Interesting. Lots of turnover at your store? The pacesetter position is supposed to go to someone who did flex during Q4 last year. They shouldn't be dropping new people into the role. Good luck though. What do you have questions about specifically? In general for flex the most important thing to understand is that whatever you are doing you are representing a guest. You have to think, "If I were the guest, how would I want this done?" You'd want your order fulfilled first and foremost, so move hell and high water to find what needs to be found. You'd want you orders presented to you in a nice way, so make sure things are getting packed/bagged appropriately (fold the clothes!!). You'd want things given to you quickly, so make sure things are getting put into OPU/DU holds correctly. Etc.

Hi there Flex peeps,

Honestly, my biggest piece of advice is to think like the laziest worker EVER. “If I were a bad worker, what would I do?” A lazy/bad worker wouldn’t read the DPCIs on solid color shirts to see if they belong in girls basics or boys basics; nine times out of ten, they get them mixed up. A lazy/bad worker, when given product that has no location yet, might flex it onto an endcap. They will flex everything. Work on that assumption when looking for items. They won’t properly backstock either. Heavy/bulky items might not get backstocked because they’re too focused getting the product up high that they forget to scan it afterwards. Other than that, learn everyone’s strengths and weaknesses? Someone’s fast and efficient at packing, but slower on picking, have them be the go to for packing while you’re picking on the floor, so that you’re not constantly called to the back for a jammed air bubble machine. Don’t expect miracles from your team if you yourself can’t deliver them.

Interesting. Lots of turnover at your store? The pacesetter position is supposed to go to someone who did flex during Q4 last year. They shouldn't be dropping new people into the role. Good luck though. What do you have questions about specifically? In general for flex the most important thing to understand is that whatever you are doing you are representing a guest. You have to think, "If I were the guest, how would I want this done?" You'd want your order fulfilled first and foremost, so move hell and high water to find what needs to be found. You'd want you orders presented to you in a nice way, so make sure things are getting packed/bagged appropriately (fold the clothes!!). You'd want things given to you quickly, so make sure things are getting put into OPU/DU holds correctly. Etc.
No they do have a few great flex people who I think would have worked for the role. I don’t really know why they picked me - maybe because I have previous leadership experience which makes up for the lack in flex knowledge? Dunno! I really want to try working on accountability for the team as they had been lacking it before, speed/efficiency for sure because we will be dealing with a gigantic workload, getting the INF rate down of course but that doesn’t work if the rest of the store is trashed. The post above mine by @INFThatShiz seems to be great advice for getting the INF rate down.

When I’m actually stepped into role I’m sure I will have more specific questions. I just really want to do a good job for the team and for myself!

"Expect more, pay less!"

"Guaranteed 40 hours!"

"Look at me, Look at me! You're the Captain, now!"

"All experienced SFS experts will pack, while your new people will do all the picking! Isn't it great?!"

Where my store has the experienced people picking and the packing never seems to actually get done. You know its hard to pack boxes when you can't put down the fucking Snap chat. Also see %complaints about broken/missing product shoot up %55... We had one kid just leave for the day two hours early not say a word to anyone and they freaked out that almost nothing made the UPS pick up. They didn't look at our TL they looked at me. "Why didn't I say anything?" Umm I was out on the floor running ragged picking all the SFS/OPU with no coverage for the day. Yet he still gets 8hr shifts three days a week.

Where my store has the experienced people picking and the packing never seems to actually get done. You know its hard to pack boxes when you can't put down the fucking Snap chat. Also see %complaints about broken/missing product shoot up %55... We had one kid just leave for the day two hours early not say a word to anyone and they freaked out that almost nothing made the UPS pick up. They didn't look at our TL they looked at me. "Why didn't I say anything?" Umm I was out on the floor running ragged picking all the SFS/OPU with no coverage for the day. Yet he still gets 8hr shifts three days a week.

Yep, I have a feeling it'll be like this. I'm the de facto captain (and I sure don't want to be without a pay increase) and my TL somehow manages to skirt any responsibility toward SFS.

Back