MrT

Our Lead told us that the diamond hazard labels would be a thing of the past and they would start printing out on the shipping label. Initially, she told us it would be the beginning of March, but I haven’t seen it yet-we are still using the stickers. Anyone have any info on this?
It was communicated that we wouldnt need them back in march. Recent update got rid of the need for the arrows but for now still need diamond. I dont think there is am eta on when diamond wont be neccessary afaik.

I actually hate the no arrows thing, because now the box-printed arrows may contradict the diamonds, so you have to put the correct arrow orientation stickers over the ones on the boxes anyway, if the box has to be turned on its side (common with S5s).

JiJi

if it fits, it ships
.... I used to keep the OPU room clear of strays, keep supplies in check, transfer badly placed items, organize all the large items/move flats etc for the driveup team, none of it was appreciated and every time I left for a day they'd just fuck it up again. ...
👏 Literally same - but I guess now "THoSe aRe TL oNLy TaSKs" 🙄

Megatron91

Fulfillment TM
Our Lead told us that the diamond hazard labels would be a thing of the past and they would start printing out on the shipping label. Initially, she told us it would be the beginning of March, but I haven’t seen it yet-we are still using the stickers. Anyone have any info on this?
When ever spot says a change is coming in a certain month its normally the next month it actually gets changed

MrT

So I fucked up today. My batch had like 6 items I couldn't find just in the first 15 or so tasks so I was going to reset my cart and go back for the RFID to start over... then I notice I'm about to hit overtime and I don't want to get in trouble so I just quickly backstock the items I picked... I put some in reshop on my way out that I couldn't backstock (This was a bad idea but I was nervous about OT)... then I check one last time and the cart is still showing up in the packing screen even though I reset the cart, meaning I just put back 8 items that are counted as being needed to pack... and obviously I couldn't stay to fix my mistake without easily another 20 minutes, so I just told the closer and explained then left. Which means they will have to either find or cancel those items while packing, including at least one they'll only find if they check reshop.

I wonder if I'm going to get yelled at over this... what do you guys think? The person closing is the type who is always complaining about minor mistakes others make to the TL.
Why not just ask someone to finish your cart. Instead of making someone else have to go through and do the work youve already done. This is one of the reasons cart reset is going away. Will probably get talked to but you wont get fired over this unless it becomes a habit.

JiJi

if it fits, it ships
So I fucked up today. My batch had like 6 items I couldn't find just in the first 15 or so tasks so I was going to reset my cart and go back for the RFID to start over... then I notice I'm about to hit overtime and I don't want to get in trouble so I just quickly backstock the items I picked... I put some in reshop on my way out that I couldn't backstock (This was a bad idea but I was nervous about OT)... then I check one last time and the cart is still showing up in the packing screen even though I reset the cart, meaning I just put back 8 items that are counted as being needed to pack... and obviously I couldn't stay to fix my mistake without easily another 20 minutes, so I just told the closer and explained then left. Which means they will have to either find or cancel those items while packing, including at least one they'll only find if they check reshop.

I wonder if I'm going to get yelled at over this... what do you guys think? The person closing is the type who is always complaining about minor mistakes others make to the TL.
This is why you use "skip item" and not INF right away. If you left your cart paused, you could've had someone else go through it and finish it.

Hoping it was a standard and not an OPU. Just pause the cart next time...

Why not just ask someone to finish your cart. Instead of making someone else have to go through and do the work youve already done. This is one of the reasons cart reset is going away. Will probably get talked to but you wont get fired over this unless it becomes a habit.
I was going to do it myself but didn't want to screw over my pick rate by going across the store to find and set up the RFID, I didn't realize what time it was until I had already reset it. The issue is that for some reason now when you reset a cart instead of removing all items you picked from the cart they show up as being packable, and I had already put everything back. There was only 1 closer and they were in a batch so no one could have finished my cart.

This is why you use "skip item" and not INF right away. If you left your cart paused, you could've had someone else go through it and finish it.
I didn't INF anything, I skipped them and wasn't going to find them regardless, that's not relevant to what happened after besides why I reset ir

Hoping it was a standard and not an OPU. Just pause the cart next time...
It was a ship batch. We're not allowed to leave paused carts at my store (because it drops the pick rate) and everyone was either in a batch or packing so I couldn't ask someone to finish it.

I could have just left the reset cart as is and it would have been packable, but I put everything back before I realized that. It's something pretty new, I remember you used to be able to reset an unfinished batch and all items would disappear from it. Not sure what changed?

It was a ship batch. We're not allowed to leave paused carts at my store (because it drops the pick rate) and everyone was either in a batch or packing so I couldn't ask someone to finish it.

I could have just left the reset cart as is and it would have been packable, but I put everything back before I realized that. It's something pretty new, I remember you used to be able to reset an unfinished batch and all items would disappear from it. Not sure what changed?

What I've noticed is that when you reset a SFS cart, it will only reset, i.e., make you pick again, the orders that were incomplete in that batch. So, if John Smith's order was one single item that you found in that batch before you reset, it would show up as packable because there wasn't a reason to reset it. But if Jane Jones' order had two items in it, one of which you found and one of which was one of those items you couldn't find, the cart reset would make you repick Jane's found item and the potential INF because the order wasn't "closed" per se. Those items that you put back but showed as packable were part of closed orders, so only the incomplete order dropped back in your queue.

So, yeah, like everyone else said, maybe next time, either ask someone to take over the cart or, if you do reset the cart, leave the items in your cart and explain the situation to the next picker, so they can take those items in your cart, as those items will probably be in their next cart and not have to risk a guest taking them.

What I've noticed is that when you reset a SFS cart, it will only reset, i.e., make you pick again, the orders that were incomplete in that batch. So, if John Smith's order was one single item that you found in that batch before you reset, it would show up as packable because there wasn't a reason to reset it. But if Jane Jones' order had two items in it, one of which you found and one of which was one of those items you couldn't find, the cart reset would make you repick Jane's found item and the potential INF because the order wasn't "closed" per se. Those items that you put back but showed as packable were part of closed orders, so only the incomplete order dropped back in your queue.

So, yeah, like everyone else said, maybe next time, either ask someone to take over the cart or, if you do reset the cart, leave the items in your cart and explain the situation to the next picker, so they can take those items in your cart, as those items will probably be in their next cart and not have to risk a guest taking them.
I know that now, but it wasn't always that way

Talk to your tl or captain & ask them on what to do when this event happens. You might need more training.
I did that. I could have just fixed it but I was about to hit OT, and it turns out they just left it for me to fix today. In any case they didn't know that resetting an unfinished cart marks it as complete so they couldn't have told me to do any different.

We got dumped on today. By mid-morning we had finished all SFS for 4:30pm and were working on ~500 for store close, feeling pretty good and then right at 1:15pm 750 got dumped in the queue for 4:30pm - with only 3 people on the afternoon schedule. I was in my last batch of the day at the time and got kicked out, went back in only to discover 30 additional items had been added to my cart. Again, not fun. Pretty sure we're coming in to carry over tomorrow - the closing TL said as I was leaving, "Fulfillment is going to make all deadlines today, right?" No. No, they are not. :mad:

My store scheduled everyone they could at 40 hours this week, as our forecast was up about 50% over usual. However, so far, if today is anything to go by, it's not going to be anything special. Our INFs were a bit rough today though, so maybe that's why

We're pretty dead with lots of TMs on the grid. INFs are pretty bad right now, but SFS is still usually green (if on the high end of green). OPUs? I don't want to know (and glad I don't).