So, PS5's dropped in this morning for us, and the system sold 1 more than we have on have. We are instructed to fulfill the order and after we stow it to hold we go in to the Pickup app and cancel the guests order, instead of taking the INF.
Is this standard procedure for any other store?
Seems like we would just be pissing off a guest.

No you look at the return to stocks and then INF that shit.. We have had people order the PS5 and never pick them up, thinking they bought at multiple stores and cancelled some of them. And if that ETL is having you do that report it. Ethics.. His/Her green metrics are not worth pissing off guests.

Does anyone know how to trouble shoot RFIDs

The scanner? We run through connecting and scanning with a few different Zebra's and if it is still not working we send it for repair. You can find it on workbench. You end up filling out a ticket on a website and shipping it off to CompuCom NON Apple and it comes back working. We just did this with one that would either not connect or constantly drop the bluetooth connection.

You can hard reset the rfid and see if that fixes anything. To do that you just hold down the power and bluetooth button for 5 seconds and it should reset everything. If that doesn't work give it to the pml to send off to get it fixed.

The scanner? We run through connecting and scanning with a few different Zebra's and if it is still not working we send it for repair. You can find it on workbench. You end up filling out a ticket on a website and shipping it off to CompuCom NON Apple and it comes back working. We just did this with one that would either not connect or constantly drop the bluetooth connection.
You can hard reset the rfid and see if that fixes anything. To do that you just hold down the power and bluetooth button for 5 seconds and it should reset everything. If that doesn't work give it to the pml to send off to get it fixed.
They changed the process on the 26th. You now “engage the CSC” for repairs. 2BF38E7F-EC09-4299-859C-EF7DB4FE1387.jpeg

They changed the process on the 26th. You now “engage the CSC” for repairs.View attachment 12710

Ok, ours was before that. Now we can have them broken for a week before we get any information on getting repairs done. Like our SFS printer which has been down for three days as of Friday(CSC states we are a three station store) we are a single pack station store. Our STL is blowing gaskets along with all our SFS people cause we keep telling them we are a single station store and they tell us we are mistaken.. And these printer issues are the same ones we replaced a printer less than a month ago.

they tell us we are mistaken
What are the CSC people smoking? Do they think you're hiding 2 extra stations somewhere and just forgot to use them? Or that you are just miscounting? Or lying to get...a working printer?

Like: "Sorry store xxxx, but you definitely just misplaced those 2 other packing stations. You say you only the have one but we both know the truth. wink." ????

I'm sorry you're having to deal with their nonsense, but that is genuinely hilarious in a flabbergasting sort of way.

This may be more of a Guest Service issue, but can I just say how annoyed I am that the Pickup app removed the Drive Up car icon from the order names? Granted, I utilize the app more than most Fulfillment TMs, but still. I sometimes plan my picking around whether it's going to be a DU -- Should I put this on a flatbed from the get-go because they may have to run it out quickly, or am I OK to stuff it on my cart and stow it on a shelf because it's just an OPU (for now)? It was also good to see if, say, you had an order split between two TMs or the guest made two different orders, and you've got one part at the closest location for GS and the other at the mobile location but you have room at GS. Should I combine them at GS because it's a DU and if they're a double-tapper, it'll hurt the DU time unnecessarily? I do what I can to make the guest-facing part of my job as easy as possible (God knows a big reason why I love Fulfillment is that it's easier to avoid guests), and that helped. I really can't think of a legitimate reason for its removal.

L
ASANTS, but it seems like there’s always (at least) one metrics-worshipping ETL telling people to cheat the system, and they never seem to be around to fix the resulting disasters or suffer any consequences, because, hey, their metrics are green. The guests might be ticked off, the guest service TMs are getting screamed at and the store is losing both guests and sales, but these ETLs don’t care because, hey, their metrics are green. Asshats.🤬
Like all corrupt organizations they all also protect each other...TMs push out others ;who catch on to the cheating and are trying to do it the "right" way while ETL s know it's going on...disgusting really.

This may be more of a Guest Service issue, but can I just say how annoyed I am that the Pickup app removed the Drive Up car icon from the order names? Granted, I utilize the app more than most Fulfillment TMs, but still. I sometimes plan my picking around whether it's going to be a DU -- Should I put this on a flatbed from the get-go because they may have to run it out quickly, or am I OK to stuff it on my cart and stow it on a shelf because it's just an OPU (for now)? It was also good to see if, say, you had an order split between two TMs or the guest made two different orders, and you've got one part at the closest location for GS and the other at the mobile location but you have room at GS. Should I combine them at GS because it's a DU and if they're a double-tapper, it'll hurt the DU time unnecessarily? I do what I can to make the guest-facing part of my job as easy as possible (God knows a big reason why I love Fulfillment is that it's easier to avoid guests), and that helped. I really can't think of a legitimate reason for its removal.
I heard it was removed because the option to swap a non drive-up to a drive-up after ordering is possible now, so technically every any order can be a drive up.

The floor and the backroom will have to be clean/zoned for this to be accurate but:
1. audit the backroom. not just guided audits, but go through each section and make sure everything is correctly located. the number of times I find unlocated merchandise....
2. zone and exf the floor. make sure capacities and quantities are accurate
3. audit on hand to equal floor+backroom

bonus: if you can have your team maintain an accurate backroom, regularly auditing your outs on the floor will keep it full and prevent INFs in fulfillment.
...stay on top of plano. Turns out our plano team was "so fast" because they weren't taking two minutes to set capacity and sfq...letting next days 1F1 s go thru the roof...and TL s not auditing at the end of the day. Can't fix lazy.

What are the CSC people smoking? Do they think you're hiding 2 extra stations somewhere and just forgot to use them? Or that you are just miscounting? Or lying to get...a working printer?

Like: "Sorry store xxxx, but you definitely just misplaced those 2 other packing stations. You say you only the have one but we both know the truth. wink." ????

I'm sorry you're having to deal with their nonsense, but that is genuinely hilarious in a flabbergasting sort of way.

I know. I am glad I am chillin' in receiving for the last couple of months(main person is on LOA) and I get to just watch the fun.

I have said that for a lot of things. But I love her curls.. But her fabulous curls don't help me find which package I am looking for. A tube, a tub, a bottle is generally what I look at in picture..
Haha, exactly.

Back