It would be great if it would separate batches by section. I get that it wouldnt work as much towards the end of shift but when you do the initial batch in the morning it could try and separate the batches so most of the batch 1 is things with backroom locations. Batch 2 is a+b block..... Batch 10 is all softlines.
That's true, I forgot about that. It sounds great when I come in first thing in the morning and batch 60 orders. But not so much when I batch 10 orders at 11am. It would have to have a method of combining batches, either manually or by meeting a certain threshold of items.

Why would you do this? Other than at bts when guest order 900pcs of this and that, we would put in a esim bag just to keep it together.

It still doesn't make sense because the GSTM will have to take the items out to verify they are correct with the guest. And then they have bags right there, so it doesn't take them any longer to put it in a bag.

My team can barely stay above a 90% pick score, and that's if there isn't an online sale on stuff like clothing or makeup. If the bar gets raised to 95%, we're in trouble. Might even have to talk to my ETL/TL about keeping certain people away from the picking process without supervision.

Yeah fun times. The RTS metric is also a joke. We are red but are 15th in our group. I feel sorry for the 60 stores below us.

I was forever getting yelled about it when it's usually guest service fault. I now have my team key in numbers and log it in a binder. Guest service has there own binder and must log everytime they have a guest pickup and write if there completing or cancelling an order.

I can do 95% for SFS. It's a bit harder for SPU said nice we don't get a ton of orders. But it's not easy to get there and I don't want the bar to be set that high.

Do you guys mind explaining what you have to do for flexes, ship from store, and store pick up in order to stay green? I'm new to learning the process of flexes and even for that I've only done the store pick up orders a couple of times. Thanks!

RedWire alerts for SPUs helps. We had pick times in the single digits usually. Learn the store, know your endcaps and flexed items. SFS it's all about picking early - the earlier the better. Call for help early if you're behind on picking - anyone can do packing. My STL sent the packer to pick so he stayed in back scanning out carts to pack so pickers never stopped. A collate is a longer sheet of paper with the packing slip (shipping info, items contained, etc.) and the UPS/FedEx shipping label attached to the bottom to tear off and attach to the box. The slip goes in the box, or a little clear pouch on the outside of large boxes.

Ohh okay so collates are associated with sfs orders only? How do you set up red wire alerts for sfs and flex orders on the pda/my device?

Yes, collates are for SFS only. And that's hard to explain - there's an app on the home screen of the PDA, login with same info as HR and all that, select boxes and save. Ask other TMs or leaders who are very familiar with the PDA.

Reading through the thread, what does NOP stand for?

NOP is shorthand for "Not On Planogram". Basically, it means there isn't a designated place on the sales floor for that item. Hanging softlines, for example, is all NOP since they can just put on any rack. Meanwhile, almost all hardlines items are on the planogram since there are specific sections for them. After all, you can't really have a candy section next to a pet food section.

If an item you're looking for is NOP, it's most likely clothing. If it's hardlines, then it might also give you the last known shelf for it. This happens a lot with vendor product, but I don't exactly know why. If it doesn't even give you a possible location, team up with a sales floor TL or ETL quickly, because something's up.

Thanks castagnier! And what does it take to stay in the green?
Alot of things..... for sfs: all orders have to be picked b4 2:00pm, all orders have to be packed by 4pm (at my store) idk if it is still 4:30 at other stores, not sure what the fulfillment % is to be green.....

For Return to Stock: all RTS has to be done b4 9am and the item has to be there... if u hit item not here in RTS it hurts your metric

For Store Pick Up..... they have to be picked on time (u have a hour).... and then the fill % i belive for SPUs is 95% to be green...

I think i covered all the metrics

Do you guys mind explaining what you have to do for flexes, ship from store, and store pick up in order to stay green? I'm new to learning the process of flexes and even for that I've only done the store pick up orders a couple of times. Thanks!
Try to pick everything and do it on time. That's basically how you stay green.

SPUs - pick within gone hour of them dropping in. If they drop later than one hour before the store closes, they will be due one hour after the store opens.

SFS - everything that drops in before 1pm must be picked by 2pm. We pick everything in the morning, then go pick more after 10am, 12pm, and 1pm. Don't come in, pick everything, then let orders drop without picking again until 1pm because you won't get it done by 2.

Watch for rush orders dropping in as late as 3pm (or 4pm if you're in the eastern time zone. They get an extra hour for some reason).

Last edited:
I'm actually not sure. I was just curious since I'll be doing flexes now. What is return to stock? Do you guys have advice on how to do it most efficiently? I shouldn't go to guest services after each order right?

Back