The dashes thing just hit a few people in my store recently. Both iPhone and Android. Then, a few days ago, during one of our checkpoint problems (we've been having supposedly global problems on/off for two weeks) the locator function started saying the dpci was insufficient data unless we put the dashes. Now it doesn't require them anymore. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Nvm i got it... i have to put the dashes in now
Thanks, that's been driving me nuts!

The dashes thing just hit a few people in my store recently. Both iPhone and Android. Then, a few days ago, during one of our checkpoint problems (we've been having supposedly global problems on/off for two weeks) the locator function started saying the dpci was insufficient data unless we put the dashes. Now it doesn't require them anymore. :rolleyes:
I spent the better part of an hour on hold with the CSC on Monday before they told me it was a server issue impacting multiple stores. I can't believe it was something so simple yet so stupid as needing to put dashes in the DPCI...

Got a question for y'all: I am currently on the remodel team for my store and the Instocks TL came over while i was auditing POGs to ask what my plans are after the remodel and offered me a spot for Flex/Backroom. I also signed up for grocery rollout and I am on the fence on doing grocery or flex.

With E2E coming, what are your thoughts on the future of Flex? Should I take it?

Flex has the most stable hours, but it's usually a small team for most of the year so there might not be a lot of hours unless TMs are moving away from it.

Flex+Grocery would probably be ideal and it's what two FFTMs at my store are doing.

did anyone else's sfs orders blow up today? omg! i walked into an insane amount of batches and they kept growing...it felt like christmas again. it seems to be increasing day be day.

Lol. We were forecasted to be crazy busy yesterday, so the entire team was scheduled. It ended up being busy, but not insane. Then today was like triple yesterdays orders. With a regular day crew. Not good.

Lol. We were forecasted to be crazy busy yesterday, so the entire team was scheduled. It ended up being busy, but not insane. Then today was like triple yesterdays orders. With a regular day crew. Not good.
ahh you were lucky you had the team come in ! it was just me and i had to beg for help and the instocks tl, consumables tl, hardlines tl and a tm and eventually the lod jumped in to help get it under control :v)

i have such a love hate relationship with flex lol !

My team almost had it under wraps, but then we got lazy towards the end. Went from less than 5 batches remaining to back into the double digits somehow. Everything was packed on time, at least, and I felt a little nostalgic seeing nearly 10 flats of packages at the receiving bay.

Yeah we were slammed these past two days. Our cap on Monday was around 400 eaches, and today it was 250. Ended up with 150 orders today.

I know for sure my store hit the cap early, so not much will be dropping in overnight and it should make for an easier day tomorrow.

Crazy Tuesday here too. Walked into around 80 orders instead of the usual 30-40, had about 40 more drop through the day. I was worried 'cause we have almost no coverage for SFS, but thankfully a couple gals from Pfresh and instocks that helped over Q4 were in and not busy with their own workcenters (SFS schedule is only 1 TM 5 hours anymore these days). Then yesterday it shot back down to some 30 orders for the whole day. I'd love some consistency, though maybe I ought to pay more attention to that forecast report.

Any E2E stores lose their backroom and now nobody's really accountable for SPU and STS anymore?

We haven't gone full E2E yet, but SFS is responsible for SPUs and STS during their shift. Once we stop having a backroom closer, it will be the closing LOD's responsibility to complete SPUs on time.

So i was talking to my new TL a few days ago and he was asking me how we can improve our picking speed and i told him that if we could split it so softlines would batch into their own batches it'd be 10000x times faster, so i'm wondering if this was even possible?

With our new remodel, softlines has become a nightmare, its almost twice as big now and nothing is sorted by brand anymore apparently

I wish man.... i'd be able to pull and pack 80+ batches myself if it worked that way. I had a batch last week where half the items were black C9 tights, took me almost an hour to find them all...

The greatest improvement would be if they stopped giving us softlines orders altogether. The SFS process of picking softlines is the most ridiculous thing in the world when you compare it to picking softlines in an actual fulfillment center warehouse.

Plus bloody one to this. Wandering into the softlines portion of a batch is the worst. Toddlers, at least, is endurable since it's much smaller and the styles are different. Men's is pretty rare, but usually just as tolerable since you'll probably just be looking for a graphic tee. But Women's. Women's. That's where accuracy goes to die. Merona and Mossimo, for whatever bloody reason, tend to have similar styles and colors. Their size tags look almost bloody identical. God have mercy on you if you're looking for a black dress, because there are multiple black dresses by each brand that all look the bloody same. Meanwhile, just about everything in C9 is black and nearly impossible to find. Count yourself lucky if a guest orders one with any color at all. And if you get an order for denim jeans, just accept that God abandoned you that day because you're not gonna find it without help unless it's a non-blue color or jean shorts

Back