We also had that happen. By 8am we had like 900 eaches of ship today and the ship tomorrows were already dropping in. But the order flow report listed them all as ship today until after 1pm...

What I was told is Target pushed back every new order's expected delivery date by 1 day. Which still doesn't really explain much. It was also not made clear how that affects the pick and pack deadlines.

Putting a microwave in a box would just make it worse, unless we happened to have a size that fit it perfectly. Something that heavy would shift around and be very awkward to carry in one of our boxes. Plus, the manufacturer ships it to Target without a box and the DCs send it to the stores like that, and they make the journey just fine. It sounds more like poor handling by the shipper.
You could go back to the shipper, however, they will say it would be poor packaging on Target's end. I bet on Amazon's end, there are fewer people handling their packages during the shipping process compared to Target based on Amazon's expediency. I have ordered large and heavy items from Amazon and they have been well packed and in their boxes. I did find this disclaimer when checking how they handle microwaves and other larger items.

This item's packaging may indicate what is inside. To cover it, select Ship in Amazon box on the checkout page.

No matter what else happens this weekend, I cannot take the BJ and BS carts seriously.
I always giggle at our SHP AF cart. Now I wish we had BJ and BS. Maybe a FU cart for OPU orders? :eek:

I'd love to see the company-wide INF scores, it'd make me feel better about my store having something like 20% INFs when I left for the day. My store's were crazy because we were told to INF anything that we couldn't immediately find going to the location, and to INF anything in electronics if we couldn't get the TM with keys to unlock them for us in a reasonable amount of time (do anyone's stores give FFTMs keys? it'd make life so much easier).

I always giggle at our SHP AF cart. Now I wish we had BJ and BS. Maybe a FU cart for OPU orders? :eek:

I'd love to see the company-wide INF scores, it'd make me feel better about my store having something like 20% INFs when I left for the day. My store's were crazy because we were told to INF anything that we couldn't immediately find going to the location, and to INF anything in electronics if we couldn't get the TM with keys to unlock them for us in a reasonable amount of time (do anyone's stores give FFTMs keys? it'd make life so much easier).

We have 2 sets.. and our inf has actually been good. Been under 10

Errors galore. Despite repeated notice new/cross-trained TMs are not fully versed in ePick to pick from the backroom no huddle or training has taken place. Every time I went to the electronic stockroom I saw boxes on the floor; Call of Duty, Amazon Echo, Beats, Amazon Firestick, etc... Each had 1-2 quantities removed. BRTL gives halfass instructions over the walkie to pull the entire casepack if sent to upper/lower locations. Never teaches anyone how to stow the remainer using my MyWork (to this day high majority of TMs outside of BR and leaders don't know how to stow or backstock with Zebras). Picking multiple of the same dpci and ePick makes you scan your cart an equal amount of times wasn't explained.

I just don't understand why Move seems to prefer picking casepacks from high shelves versus picking from the wacos. I mean, they must know that's making us less efficient and causing more problems for BR, right?

do anyone's stores give FFTMs keys? it'd make life so much easier
My store's SFS keys originally had the R1 key for the equipment safe/back door/back loading bay door, S6 key for electronics, a magnet, and because I whined, a key for the wave and forklift. Later on we got jewelry keys as well. Heck, the only thing my keys can't do is open the cash office or run the baler.

Also, when entering a batch in Move, you can type in whatever two letter combination you want, so using the FU cart for SPUs is very much possible, and even better since the guest will never see it. A lot of team members use their initials, which makes it really easy to tell who exited a batch to go on break.

Errors galore. Despite repeated notice new/cross-trained TMs are not fully versed in ePick to pick from the backroom no huddle or training has taken place. Every time I went to the electronic stockroom I saw boxes on the floor; Call of Duty, Amazon Echo, Beats, Amazon Firestick, etc... Each had 1-2 quantities removed. BRTL gives halfass instructions over the walkie to pull the entire casepack if sent to upper/lower locations. Never teaches anyone how to stow the remainer using my MyWork (to this day high majority of TMs outside of BR and leaders don't know how to stow or backstock with Zebras). Picking multiple of the same dpci and ePick makes you scan your cart an equal amount of times wasn't explained.
If you're not scanning the bins or shelves when you put things there, how the hell does anyone anywhere know where anything is in the backroom? That sounds like a goddamn nightmare.

We pull the entire quantity picked and bring it with us even if the needed quantity is lower. We’ve had to many issues with the need quantity being lower then the quantity amount for the orders. We backstock our stuff at the end of the day.

I wonder if HQ will nullify pick/pack goals for Thursday and Friday. We didn’t make any goals for SFS and some OPU. I don’t think any store made majority of goals. We had 240(?) left for Friday’s workload but they just merged with Saturday’s making 500(860).

First, is there any way to find out what is "pack today" and what is "pack tomorrow"? Apparently our closing LOD thought there was but i told her there wasn't, at least as far as i know theres no way. Just want to be sure.

Second, if a collate reprints but the order is already scanned and packed, can it be reprocessed? Someone told my guys while i was gone that that was possible, but it shouldn't be as far as i know. I've never seen a collate reprint automatically unless the printer jammed, or if you forced it to by scanning for a reprint or manhattan. My team left me a stack an inch thick this afternoon claiming that they were reprints, but i scanned every single one and none of the orders came out as processed... :(

Third, talking about keys, not sure whose bright idea it was to make 5 sets of specifically electronics keys, when i left today and after doing my usual routine of collecting equipment, i had 3 sets of electronic keys, SFS keys, baler keys, and backroom keys. I sounded like those old school jailers who carried keys for every cell walking, add that to 7 pdas, 4 zebras, spare batteries and 4 walkies on my belt.....ughhh

Overall we are way behind, 200+ to pack still, 1300 orders, luckily my crew is still pretty lighthearted about the situation. I saw market fighting today over who needed to push a pallet that would of take 20 mins tops, while i had guys volunteering to stay because they saw that i needed the help. We have a good crew even though our temporary SFS TL has been awol.

I just don't understand why Move seems to prefer picking casepacks from high shelves versus picking from the wacos. I mean, they must know that's making us less efficient and causing more problems for BR, right?
It seems to only pick casepacks if it needs more than what's in the wacos (as long as the locations are grouped correctly).

Lately I've been setting aside extras from backroom pulls on a tub tagged with a pull clip so that it gets worked to the floor. Or tossing it onto an autocaf pull tub. Probably most of it will fit on the floor anyways.....
I prefer to backstock it right away because there's a good chance it will be needed in another batch and it will be much easier to find.

First, is there any way to find out what is "pack today" and what is "pack tomorrow"?
After it's been picked? Use order inquiry on the PDA and scan an item in the cart. If it has today's date it's due today, tomorrow's date if it's due tomorrow.

Second, if a collate reprints but the order is already scanned and packed, can it be reprocessed?
No, it will throw up an error when you scan it. Unless you had some dumbass packing without scanning stuff out.

We all have parent/child cart barcodes for our keys (LODs). Mine is FU :D.

We have 3 full sets of Electronics keys, and BR keys that SFS can check out.

So, we just jumped up over 14,000 eaches....Lolololololwhat. Doesnt help that we're getting "cant find next tote" and move-500 errors on every batch and auto inf'ing every time we get the error. Now we have like 12 carts with collates + no items and others with no collates + items...

If you're not scanning the bins or shelves when you put things there, how the hell does anyone anywhere know where anything is in the backroom? That sounds like a goddamn nightmare.

I don't follow.

I prefer to backstock it right away because there's a good chance it will be needed in another batch and it will be much easier to find.

giphy.gif

STL confirmed 4,000 eaches for Cyber Monday and Tuesday. Someone picked SPU on two different carts, apparently placed some items (if any) in hold, yet didn't scan the last locations since we found two empty carts that when scanned resumed SPU batches. This team is about to get 4,000 eaches.

tumblr_mky786AhMN1rqfhi2o1_500.gif

Last edited:
I don't follow.

giphy.gif
Yeah it makes sense to backstock right away.... my team does that but every other cart be missing items and in so tired of having to find another item... it is a waste of time just going to tell them to bring the casepack

They need to sit everyone down and explain this process in full detail.

e.g.
  • Pull 4 from location
  • Quantity needed for order: 1
  • Scan cart/flat/tub once
    • If the screen does not change it means the four requested is for multiple orders
      • 4 requested can mean: 1 for 4 individual orders (scan 4 times), 2 for 2 orders (scan 2 times), etc... Likewise if typing in the cart child location, the amount of times the magnifying glass is pressed will equal the order count. How much to backstock is dependent on this information
      • (toggle to MyWork>scan item/key dpci>tap item name to display backroom details>scan backroom location>key qty stow>press done)
  • Next task displays

Last edited:

e.g.
  • Pull 4 from location
    • If the screen does not change it means the four requested is for multiple orders
      • 4 requested can mean: 1 for 4 individual orders (scan 4 times), 2 for 2 orders (scan 2 times), etc... Likewise if typing in the cart child location, the amount of times the magnifying glass is pressed will equal the order count. How much to backstock is dependent on this information
      • (toggle to MyWork>scan item/key dpci>tap item name to display backroom details>scan backroom location>key qty stow>press done)
  • Next task displays
Yes I agree with u and i tell the seasonal team members but they act like they can't comprehend it..... so to take some of the stress off me imma just tell them to pull the case packs and have someone backstock the extras every hour

e.g.
  • Pull 4 from location
  • Next task displays
This seems like a large issue. If only it ignored casepack quantity and just asked for the eaches quantity like the old system did. Or at least have a more noticeable differentiation when stowing in the cart for multiple orders.

I had a 1 item & allowed me to pull a case pack. I did review the order on my go app to avoid the qty error. They wanted 1 unit, not a whole case!
Side note: teach newbies on my go app to review orders. I had 3 folks stare at me when I mentioned it. Also, complain about lazy folks & tm’s.

e.g.
  • Pull 4 from location
  • Next task displays

Preach!!! And tell these idiots to never scan the shelf either always scan the item when pulling from the salesfloor.. So many trips to the floor to get the correct items when packing.

So far This weekend the backroom was pissed off when the clueless flex team members kept doing the My FA's lmao

not to mention the fact that other than me and another flex member or two, nobody over there knows how to use any of the backroom vehicles.

If anything I feel more bad for the impact our seasonal flex members have on the backroom than on the flex operations themselves.

This seems like a large issue. If only it ignored casepack quantity and just asked for the eaches quantity like the old system did. Or at least have a more noticeable differentiation when stowing in the cart for multiple orders.
I don't think the current behavior is intentional, the problem with the multiple orders requiring multiple scans seems to have appeared at the same time as the "set aside any extras for backstock" message.

It seemed like our ETL and STL thought that the solution to the craziness was to throw cashiers and other TM's at us - then got mad when we kept asking for Zebras. Plus it was so cramped that you couldn't even move.

Back