Our SFS crew consists of about 5 of us who are fiercely loyal and dedicated to our original SFS TM who has busted her ass from the get-go without any goddamn TL support. Past week it's just been us constantly walking into 1500+dpci/2000+eaches. The entirety of our SFS team is reliant on one another since our ETL is ENTIRELY useless and is incapable of getting thier shit together for a single day. We had 3 people quit in the last week, all were horrible though honestly. We have 1 person as closer every day until 11pm and the only other backup he has leaves at 7PM. When we approached our ETL about hiring or bringing in more people for night/closers, the ETL responded by telling US to find and ask if anyone wants to do it. Can't be bothered to fucking do it themselves as ETL.

Also we had a visit today from district SFS whatever, telling us we cannot substitute and we should have never done so in the first place. I'm sorry WHAT?!

Oh let's do that and not sub. Watch them bitch about INF's next.

Our SFS crew consists of about 5 of us who are fiercely loyal and dedicated to our original SFS TM who has busted her ass from the get-go without any goddamn TL support. Past week it's just been us constantly walking into 1500+dpci/2000+eaches. The entirety of our SFS team is reliant on one another since our ETL is ENTIRELY useless and is incapable of getting thier shit together for a single day. We had 3 people quit in the last week, all were horrible though honestly. We have 1 person as closer every day until 11pm and the only other backup he has leaves at 7PM. When we approached our ETL about hiring or bringing in more people for night/closers, the ETL responded by telling US to find and ask if anyone wants to do it. Can't be bothered to fucking do it themselves as ETL.

Also we had a visit today from district SFS whatever, telling us we cannot substitute and we should have never done so in the first place. I'm sorry WHAT?!

Substituting shouldn’t be done. It’s shortage. You’re not only changing OHs of the product requested but also of what you substituted. They can bitch about INFs but if the product isn’t there then it’s not there. Don’t cause a problem ‘solving’ another one.

From the very beginning the entirety of our stores leadership, ALL our tl's, etl's and even stl have told us to NEVER inf, always sub with the exception of softlines. Which sounded ridiculous at first when they wanted us to sub, but we would get yelled at for infs instead. Hell if we inf a item the LOD will ask why was it inf'd and not subbed. OH's have been in the shitter since the start, when I was in-stocks I went to my stl about OH being way off thanks to subs, his response was it's better to sub and keep the guest happy than cancel a order.

Last edited:

lol @ your leadership intentionally sabotaging your own store's OH count by sending people stuff they didn't order. The SFS system is a broken piece of junk. Don't ruin your own store for a system that constantly INF's stuff via glitches anyways.

Substitute?

Excuse me?

So lets send the guest something for free, and they will end up with a refund when they call customer service since they didn't get what they ordered.

You have insulted the guest by wasting their time by them having to waste time on the phone or in the store arguing why they need a refund.

It does nothing but screw up the on hand counts of your store, there is no fix for that - its shortage. I am sure AP would not have ever approved that and your inventory should be real interesting.

I am sorry you are just doing as you are told, but damn I thought my leadership was bad.. This is another level..

What would you even substitute? The only time it would make sense is when somebody orders the 1.3 oz of some potato chip and we only have the 1.5 oz one with a different DPCI (same flavor). Every other item would result in an annoyed guest, even if it was giving them a size 3T when they wanted a 2T. Not to mention that there are now 2 DPCIs with wrong counts. Some TLs take the inf score waaaaay too seriously. *glances around own store* If someone comes into the store and leaves because we don't have what they want it doesn't get tracked and we don't blame the sales floor TM working in that area; why should we blame the SFS team when we don't have something for whatever reason?

My store was amazed that I was scanning things back into backstock instead of leaving it for someone else.
I was told not to do my own backstock because Move says "set aside any extra for backstock". Great logic.

I really wish you could tap the DPCI of an item in Move and it would open that DPCI in myWork. It'd make it so much easier to check on hands and check for a second location (since Move doesn't always send you there if you INF it).

If I were completely in charge of flex fulfillment, there are 2 people in my store who I would utterly ban from doing SFS. One of them is a plano TM who only does SFS around Christmas. She thinks that she should be in charge of whatever she does, and therefore will do the opposite of what I (or anyone else, really) ask her to do if it differs from what she wants. She likes to scan out 8+ collates at a time and leave them in a pile on the desk, which she thinks she has exclusive right to even when there's 8 people working back there. Then she'll box them all up together, usually with items left over. She claims they're from "cancelled orders." I'm yet to see a "cancelled order" in 2.5 years.

The other one is the VM TL. Since she's a Sr. TL, she will not allow me to pack when she is back there, giving the reason that I go against Target's methods. The way I go against Target's methods is when I use a different box size or mailer from the suggested size on the collate. I went back to get a cart today and saw her wrapping a shirt in about 12 pieces of bubble wrap and sticking it into a 439 box. I asked why she wasn't using a softlines bag, and she yelled back at me something along the lines of "I've been back here for 6 days! I know what I'm doing."
When I left work on Monday we had 4 pallets of 439 boxes and 12 individual rolls of bubble wrap. We ran out of bubble wrap today and will run out of 439s tonight. The Log-ETL told me she's going to talk to her, although I'm still enraged about how she went through 1000+ boxes of 439s in a day and a half. I try so hard to care about this job, but when the team leads do crap like this it just makes part of me snap.

Since she's a Sr. TL, she will not allow me to pack when she is back there, giving the reason that I go against Target's methods. The way I go against Target's methods is when I use a different box size or mailer from the suggested size on the collate. I went back to get a cart today and saw her wrapping a shirt in about 12 pieces of bubble wrap and sticking it into a 439 box. I asked why she wasn't using a softlines bag, and she yelled back at me something along the lines of "I've been back here for 6 days! I know what I'm doing."

If it helps, I'm fairly sure the SFS packing guidelines on Workbench say that the box code should be ignored for softlines-only orders. Does the collate ever not say to put softlines in a box? I've never seen it say to use a mailer and I'm not sure how it'd even say to do that.

If I were completely in charge of flex fulfillment, there are 2 people in my store who I would utterly ban from doing SFS. One of them is a plano TM who only does SFS around Christmas. She thinks that she should be in charge of whatever she does, and therefore will do the opposite of what I (or anyone else, really) ask her to do if it differs from what she wants. She likes to scan out 8+ collates at a time and leave them in a pile on the desk, which she thinks she has exclusive right to even when there's 8 people working back there. Then she'll box them all up together, usually with items left over. She claims they're from "cancelled orders." I'm yet to see a "cancelled order" in 2.5 years.

The other one is the VM TL. Since she's a Sr. TL, she will not allow me to pack when she is back there, giving the reason that I go against Target's methods. The way I go against Target's methods is when I use a different box size or mailer from the suggested size on the collate. I went back to get a cart today and saw her wrapping a shirt in about 12 pieces of bubble wrap and sticking it into a 439 box. I asked why she wasn't using a softlines bag, and she yelled back at me something along the lines of "I've been back here for 6 days! I know what I'm doing."
When I left work on Monday we had 4 pallets of 439 boxes and 12 individual rolls of bubble wrap. We ran out of bubble wrap today and will run out of 439s tonight. The Log-ETL told me she's going to talk to her, although I'm still enraged about how she went through 1000+ boxes of 439s in a day and a half. I try so hard to care about this job, but when the team leads do crap like this it just makes part of me snap.

When they ask why you use so much in supplies you explain what you saw and let them figure out who is the moron..

We go on the basic rule of "If it won't get crushed by being in a bag - put it in a bag." meaning costumes went in boxes cause of wings, masks, bras are another that you box but those stupid onisies that are all the rage right now or snow pants - toss that in a bag and be done with it!

Last edited:
When they ask why you use so much in supplies you explain what you saw and let them figure out who its the moron..
Oh, I'm going to. The Log-ETL at least saw who was doing all that, and also knows that the Sr.TLs have made me do nothing but pick the entire past week. Utter waste of the most experienced SFS person in the store, but if I'm back there the seasonal TMs listen to me over them, and hubris runs high. It's really only 2 TLs and 1 TM who cause problems. Not the BR TL, of course. The BR TL, Log-ETL, and STL love having me there. (The STL is on leave for another month.) It's the TLs who never do SFS who think they know everything that make it a living hell. They're the ones who want me to have a 99% fulfillment rating and think that the sales goal is total of all orders assuming no INFs; I forgot what it's name on the report was. Ban them all, put me back there all day, and watch SFS run so much smoother. We'd still miss the goal times, of course, but this week it is literally impossible. (1200 for due today when I left at 6:30.)

We go on the basic rule of "If it won't get crushed by being in a bag - put it in a bag." meaning costumes went in boxes cause of wings, masks, bras are another that you box but those stupid onisies that are all the rage right now or snow pants - toss that in a bag and be done with it!
I have what I call the Wall Test and the Empire State Building Test. The Wall Test is if you can throw the box at the wall and it won't break, it's good, because that's what UPS is going to do. The Empire State Building is if you could drop the box off said building, would the item get scratched. Softlines items and pillows breeze by this test.

Last edited:
Oh, I'm going to. The Log-ETL at least saw who was doing all that, and also knows that the Sr.TLs have made me do nothing but pick the entire past week. Utter waste of the most experienced SFS person in the store, but if I'm back there the seasonal TMs listen to me over them, and hubris runs high. It's really only 2 TLs and 1 TM who cause problems. Not the BR TL, of course. The BR TL, Log-ETL, and STL love having me there. (The STL is on leave for another month.) It's the TLs who never do SFS who think they know everything that make it a living hell. They're the ones who want me to have a 99% fulfillment rating and think that the sales goal is total of all orders assuming no INFs; I forgot what it's name on the report was. Ban them all, put me back there all day, and watch SFS run so much smoother. We'd still miss the goal times, of course, but this week it is literally impossible. (1200 for due today when I left at 6:30.)

I know we got stuck with two people who move at the pace of the tectonic plates of the earth and they can't even put paper in the printer. They stood there for 15min while complaining that nothing was printed, they couldn't even be bothered to get boxes down, move the pallet or get another pallet to stack on to, clean the desk even.. They take it as a break and did I mention they are slow as fuck.. then we get "help" from the flow team, they leave carts on the floor when take their breaks, or just random spots in the back room, or like earlier this week dumped out several carts that got picked for us to have something in the morning so they could have the carts for the truck.. So those batches we couldn't print since we didn't have carts, but we had a random pile of crap on the packing desk. I take that back a mountain of crap.

It's been hell.. If they want a %99 fill rate then all their areas are perfectly zoned, all backstock perfectly done all push complete before you start picking orders all reshop complete a %100 of the time? If not fuck them..

I always get that "NEXT_TOTE_LOCATION" error when I enter a smaller number than the number needed on the "How many did you pick?" screen, which pisses me off because it ends up INFing the item.

From the very beginning the entirety of our stores leadership, ALL our tl's, etl's and even stl have told us to NEVER inf, always sub with the exception of softlines. Which sounded ridiculous at first when they wanted us to sub, but we would get yelled at for infs instead. Hell if we inf a item the LOD will ask why was it inf'd and not subbed. OH's have been in the shitter since the start, when I was in-stocks I went to my stl about OH being way off thanks to subs, his response was it's better to sub and keep the guest happy than cancel a order.

That's dumb af leadership right there.

Semi-global network problems on packing right now. We're finally on the verge of catching up (somewhat) and then this. Can't catch a break.
Same here. Got the picks caught up and made goal, then this.

Hey ya'll..

Got a question since someone tossed out the box.. Anyone have the name of who makes those target DVD/CD bubble mailers, the white ones with the spots all over them..

Part number would be awesome, but the name of who makes it would work just so we could search it out on SAP, my ETL has utterly failed at supplies.. Desperation times over here..

Thanks everyone..

Random question; is there any way to tell what store your SFS order came from? I ordered some stuff from .com on Thanksgiving/Cyber Monday and since my order was split up into 3 or 4 shipments, I'm guessing they were all fulfilled from different stores. I'd be curious to know what Targets I owe my thanks to, lol.

Random question; is there any way to tell what store your SFS order came from? I ordered some stuff from .com on Thanksgiving/Cyber Monday and since my order was split up into 3 or 4 shipments, I'm guessing they were all fulfilled from different stores. I'd be curious to know what Targets I owe my thanks to, lol.
Near the bottom of the collate there is a small box labeled "Carton #" and it will look something like 99990000000000054321. The first 4 numbers is the store number.

Hey ya'll..

Got a question since someone tossed out the box.. Anyone have the name of who makes those target DVD/CD bubble mailers, the white ones with the spots all over them..

Part number would be awesome, but the name of who makes it would work just so we could search it out on SAP, my ETL has utterly failed at supplies.. Desperation times over here..

Thanks everyone..
Aren't those the 370 bubble mailers? I think on SAP they're SFS.370, but my only experience on using SAP is looking over my ETL's shoulder.

Back