So does everyone have this update then?

The new update shows workload before scanning a cart. If you pause a batch and get the "invalid barcode" error message when trying to pick it back up, tap the blue "no cart tied" link on the upper right and it will work. Wasted 30 minutes trying to figure that out this morning while on hold with CSC
Thank you!! I also called CSC, but luckily got someone who was able to write it up and send it to 2nd level within a few minutes.

I had it happen with a cart that doesn't have a parent location, so my workaround was to use a barcode generator website on my phone and scan that to get back in.

We were the first store to test the new work load screen two weeks ago. It's nice to be able to view the pulls without finding a cart or typing one in. Also it's prevented one of our etls from creating fake SFS batches in not real carts.
First thing this morning my STL picked an OPU with a fake location and then paused the batch. The only thing I could think of at the time was to grab a PDA and "reprint" the parent label. It somehow worked, even though we've never used that location on a real cart before.

First thing this morning my STL picked an OPU with a fake location and then paused the batch. The only thing I could think of at the time was to grab a PDA and "reprint" the parent label. It somehow worked, even though we've never used that location on a real cart before.
I don't understand why Move allows you to put batches in carts that don't exist. I had been using SHPFA for FAs for ages before I tried to reprint a label for it (for my keys) and realized it was never actually created.

I don't understand why Move allows you to put batches in carts that don't exist.
One reason is so that you can do OPU without a cart. If I'm on the floor and need to grab an OPU I can use a cart I know nobody is in, oh look another dropped time to put another cart into the mix.

One reason is so that you can do OPU without a cart. If I'm on the floor and need to grab an OPU I can use a cart I know nobody is in, oh look another dropped time to put another cart into the mix.
I think they just did it because it was easier to allow any two letter combo instead of coding it to only recognize locations that were created in myFA.

@SFSFun I like to live in my delusional world where Spot is thinking through actual use.

Now if they could only have a screen between orders. The pick two, one needed for order, scan cart, one needed for order, scan cart, still causes issues because people are unsure if they need 2 or 1 and the other is backstock or the app is just hanging up.
It really should say "3 needed (you'll need 2 for your orders)" or something. It even fits in with the casual language they like to use and everything!

Glad you guys like seeing the work before scanning a cart! We did have a problem with that version though with throwing more 500 and 7000 errors so we had to roll it back yesterday. We are making fixes and will try it again early next week.

The multiple orders with the same DPCI issue will have updated text on the put to hold screens that say the guest's last name so you can see they're for different orders. This change is part of the same package that we will try again next week.

Anyone else had orders just disappear? I had a co worker who had to pause his batch to pick a Flex order and it was gone when he came back to it

So that last update has disappeared and Move reverted back to 2.0.18 where you need to scan into a cart first. But two things have improved: SA batches let you pick more than 2 items (I had a batch with 6), and when you skip past the end of your batch, it will remember where you were after scanning something (instead of skipping back to the beginning after each item).

Yea I was told the skipping thing was to be fixed within a week (this was about a week ago) and I also noticed the SA thing a week ago as well. Much better this way
What is the max amount for an SA batch now?

Anyone else had orders just disappear? I had a co worker who had to pause his batch to pick a Flex order and it was gone when he came back to it

When we had that happen, let the cart sit and come back to that cart later hour or so and we found it was there.. Its like the black hole for orders, happens sometimes. But I get that you can't really do that with OPU, but what I did when I saw it on SFS carts.

@mobilelady, it would be awesome if when pulling up the task list, we could jump to a certain task by tapping that location, sort of like the research/pcv task lists.

This cause the pathing in my store is jacked up, our layout plays how the list gets made so it looks logical but it is anything but.

Hey do you guys know if we can order more of the temporary SPU stickers. .... we are all out and I never ordered anymore since they were suppose to be temporary

When we had that happen, let the cart sit and come back to that cart later hour or so and we found it was there.. Its like the black hole for orders, happens sometimes. But I get that you can't really do that with OPU, but what I did when I saw it on SFS carts.

Did you try to hit 'no cart tied' then scanning the cart again? This should work if you have version 2.0.2 of the move app.

A fix is coming on Monday for this. If you need it fixed asap, then you'll need to call in an incident.

I've called four times with the same incident number for a month just for non-informed clerks asking the same questions I articulated 120% that should have been present in the notes. TMs creating new locations haphazardly instead of reprinting preexisting ones exhausted every parent-child location combination from AA-ZZ (676 locations). Attempts to reprint old two letter locations returned errors and problems. Scanning a label SHPAAA 01 returns an invalid cart error plain and simple.

This cause the pathing in my store is jacked up, our layout plays how the list gets made so it looks logical but it is anything but.

The idea behind the page after you hit the task progress bar was so you could skip around your path...but that got put on the backburner and we also had some pathing issues. We're working on making pathing more dynamic this year so that's probably where we'll be focusing.

The idea behind the page after you hit the task progress bar was so you could skip around your path...but that got put on the backburner and we also had some pathing issues. We're working on making pathing more dynamic this year so that's probably where we'll be focusing.

@mobilelady Another suggestion I have for ePick is in regards to how the item name/description is generated. As of right now, it shows the same text as it does in myWork. Unfortunately, this can lead to some pretty confusing names being generated. For example, one batch had a men’s watch in it, but the name showed up, if I recall correctly, as “WATCH WATCH”.

I then had to waste time trying to figure out if it was a Men’s watch or a Women’s watch, since I couldn’t tell from the picture. It’d be a lot better if it generated the same text from the Target app/website, such as “Men’s Black Mossimo Watch,” rather than “WATCH WATCH.”

Also, are there plans to add printer functionality (with the new ZEBRA printers) to ePick in the near future? The labels we’ve been using tend to tear up our boxes when we do RTSK.

I know that it's better to pull the product from the back, but it really was helpful to be able to skip the BR locations on the PDA. Sometimes it just makes sense to grab the item from the floor. And if, for whatever reason, a backroom location is temporarily inaccessible it slows down the entire SFS process.

Last edited:
Back