I really wish upper leadership would at least try to care about SFS. None of them really understand it to know what we're talking about or going through. And to "fix" our being chronically understaffed they throw random untrained support at us and TMs that shouldn't be allowed anywhere near the workcenter. And we still get held accountable for all the problems and treated like failures.

It's honestly kind of breaking my heart because as much as I say otherwise, I do love SFS and they're just draining me these days.

Okay, needed that out of my system. 😂

Last edited:
I really wish upper leadership would at least try to care about SFS. None of them really understand it to know what we're talking about or going through. And to "fix" our being chronically understaffed they throw random untrained support at us and TMs that shouldn't be allowed anywhere near the workcenter. And we still get held accountable for all the problems and treated like failures.

It's honestly kind of breaking my heart because as much as I say otherwise, I do love SFS and they're just draining me these days.

Okay, needed that out of my system. 😂
It's exactly the same at my store. I really wish the pick goal time hadn't gone away, because now SFS is even less important and I'm even less likely to get help. As long as we get everything "packed" on time, they don't seem to give a shit if it's actually in boxes, so they wait until the last minute and throw a few people in to help scan collates. Then anyone who was scheduled to help the next day ends up just packing the previous day's orders, and so the same thing happens again. We won't get ahead of it without MORE PEOPLE, but lol, nobody seems to care (or comprehend).
I absolutely HATE leaving at the end of my shift with a bunch of stuff not done. We've been getting so many more orders lately that it's too much for just me and whatever help they give me for an hour or two each day. I like the satisfaction of leaving at the end of the day with a job well done, but now I leave just feeling drained and defeated. When it was manageable I really liked SFS, but this feeling of exhaustion has gone on long enough that I'm starting to look elsewhere for employment. Maybe get out before Q4, haha.

Once some guests complain that their orders were late and t.com checks into it, corporate will pull the cameras and see exactly what is going on in regards to scanning out collates but not packing. Doesn't take much and when t.com sees that the store "packed" the orders but UPS never received them, they know exactly what happened.

Once some guests complain that their orders were late and t.com checks into it, corporate will pull the cameras and see exactly what is going on in regards to scanning out collates but not packing. Doesn't take much and when t.com sees that the store "packed" the orders but UPS never received them, they know exactly what happened.
Well, they do keep saying "this can't keep happening," but nobody seems to want to schedule more people to actually make sure it gets done. Part of the problem is that we've been getting more orders in throughout the day than we used to, so they see the number of DPCI's at the start of the day and assume I'll be fine, even though for a couple of months now the orders have been coming in almost as fast as I can pick them. And with the backroom a mess it takes me so much longer than it should to find things, and I'm not supposed to INF anything except as a last resort, so batches are slower than usual. Frequently I get told someone is scheduled to help me, but then that person gets pulled to do something else deemed more important, which annoys the crap out of me.

I just don't understand how they think the problem is ever going to be fixed without actually scheduling more people to help. I'm not sure if it's a basic lack of comprehension of the issue(s), or if they just really don't care that much.

Anyway, I hope someone DOES complain, so maybe something will actually be done about it.

I just don't understand how they think the problem is ever going to be fixed without actually scheduling more people to help. I'm not sure if it's a basic lack of comprehension of the issue(s), or if they just really don't care that much.

Or they are too cheap to commit the payroll.🙄

Sad but true. Being blamed for things that are beyond your control gets old real fast, especially when you are killing yourself trying to get things done.🙄

Sad but true. Being blamed for things that are beyond your control gets old real fast, especially when you are killing yourself trying to get things done.🙄
I get REAL tired of the INF percentage being considered SFS's responsibility. I don't want praise for it when it's low. I don't want blame for it when it's high. If everything is where it's supposed to be, or at least in a reasonably easy to locate place in the back if it just came in on a truck recently, I shouldn't have to INF anything (except the occasional "it was sold last night/this morning and there are no more on hand"). INF is a reflection of how well the store is functioning. When piles and piles of repacks sit in the back room for literally weeks and don't get pushed, or pallets of stuff get put up in the steel but don't get tied, or carts and tubs and flats of backstock are just pushed down the aisles of light duty and not actually backstocked....how the hell is it MY fault that I can't find something?

So much for it being a "team."

I get REAL tired of the INF percentage being considered SFS's responsibility. I don't want praise for it when it's low. I don't want blame for it when it's high. If everything is where it's supposed to be, or at least in a reasonably easy to locate place in the back if it just came in on a truck recently, I shouldn't have to INF anything (except the occasional "it was sold last night/this morning and there are no more on hand"). INF is a reflection of how well the store is functioning. When piles and piles of repacks sit in the back room for literally weeks and don't get pushed, or pallets of stuff get put up in the steel but don't get tied, or carts and tubs and flats of backstock are just pushed down the aisles of light duty and not actually backstocked....how the hell is it MY fault that I can't find something?

So much for it being a "team."

Yep that team thing went out the window with E2E. We just said fuck it, we complained, begged, pleaded for help and even our ETL and would schedule people to helps us, I can pick but my skill lies in packing boxes, so when you need to get shit done that is where I make up time when needed. So he would schedule extra people to help pick, well the STL or ETL/LOD would always pull them for their projects so we just get further and further behind. So we stopped pulling everything and only picked what we could actually pack and get out the door that day. Since the truck was such a shit show that any vehicles we left would be dumped and taken for the truck. Within just over a week had 700+ orders backed up. GVP visit and we got shut down for just about two weeks. I am off for a medical thing for a couple weeks so I don't even know if they restarted doing orders.

Or they are too cheap to commit the payroll.🙄
Yeah, that's the more likely option. That's been happening all over the store. Stuff doesn't get done because there just aren't enough people to do it, but that's somehow the fault of the TMs for working too slowly, and not at all bad management.

We've got an STL who to my knowledge has never packed a single box, but thinks one person should be able to pack five three-tiers full of stuff in an hour.

I guess I am lucky , Stl , ETL ,Sr tl are on top of SFS , if I need help (99 % of the time ) I will get it !
Sometimes they throw in someone that shouldn’t be there , but they don’t last more than an hour ...
a lot of TMs are afraid of me , for whatever reason , they think I am mean,a bitch , rude .. I am just blunt and will tell you ,that you are useless , slow and should get off your god damn phone and move your ass faster !!!
A lot tried their luck with me , because it’s easy to shop all day ...a few were able to keep up !
The LOD , especially one , will take over the OPU without being asked , and checks often the work load !
Stl told me I was passionate about SFS ,it is true , and I am upset when we have over a 5 % inf in SFS and over a 2% in OPU .

I guess I am lucky , Stl , ETL ,Sr tl are on top of SFS , if I need help (99 % of the time ) I will get it !
Sometimes they throw in someone that shouldn’t be there , but they don’t last more than an hour ...
a lot of TMs are afraid of me , for whatever reason , they think I am mean,a bitch , rude .. I am just blunt and will tell you ,that you are useless , slow and should get off your god damn phone and move your ass faster !!!
A lot tried their luck with me , because it’s easy to shop all day ...a few were able to keep up !
The LOD , especially one , will take over the OPU without being asked , and checks often the work load !
Stl told me I was passionate about SFS ,it is true , and I am upset when we have over a 5 % inf in SFS and over a 2% in OPU .

I suffer from the "she is a bitch" syndrome as well.. That is just it, I am not here to kiss boo boos or sugar coat things for your delicate ears, this is production work. We have this much time to do this much work and you need to shut your fucking mouth and fold that shirt and get it in the bag. Now move, I ain't got time to baby sit your ass - MOVE!!!!

First day picking orders using the new carts and grouping orders into individual hold locations. I had a thought about the Move App UI and how it could be tweaked to give pickers visual cues for their items. First is color (the hold location ORANGE bar is hard to read, white on orange is a bad color combination). So that should definitely be changed. I'm suggesting green for new orders and blue for continued orders. The other thing I'm suggesting in to indicate how many items for a guest's order there are/will be. This will give the picker an idea of how much space to allot for the order and hopefully help keep it all together.

View attachment 6095
@mobilelady if there are any epick updates in the works is there a chance we can also get a button like the rfid one that takes you to the item im mywork?

@mobilelady if there are any epick updates in the works is there a chance we can also get a button like the rfid one that takes you to the item im mywork?

Any chance they can get alerts to link to MyWork for when there are recalls? Manually toggling back and forth to type in each DPCI sucks.

Any chance they can get alerts to link to MyWork for when there are recalls? Manually toggling back and forth to type in each DPCI sucks.
You pick recalled items? I’ve never had that happen, then again I don’t know anything about recalled items.

You pick recalled items? I’ve never had that happen, then again I don’t know anything about recalled items.

Yeah it happens, the batch drops before the recall does. I remember these rubber slides, white and black I picked half a dozen pairs of those and the receiver told us about the recall as we were packing them. Those shoes just went in the baler from the recall.

Even making the DCPI copy-enabled would be a step in the right direction.

Investigating On Hand numbers, received dates, secondary locations... My Work is necessary for fulfillment. But having to toggle between the apps to copy that 9 digit number is awkward.

Not for flex. Just something else that needs a link to MyWork while we were on the subject. But like someone else said, even the ability to copy and paste would be a drastic improvement.

Even making the DCPI copy-enabled would be a step in the right direction.

Investigating On Hand numbers, received dates, secondary locations... My Work is necessary for fulfillment. But having to toggle between the apps to copy that 9 digit number is awkward.
If Move was the last app you used before MyWork, you can see the DPCI in the multitask page. It’s still better than switching apps completely and given the please wait message.

I suffer from the "she is a bitch" syndrome as well.. That is just it, I am not here to kiss boo boos or sugar coat things for your delicate ears, this is production work. We have this much time to do this much work and you need to shut your fucking mouth and fold that shirt and get it in the bag. Now move, I ain't got time to baby sit your ass - MOVE!!!!

"I didn't come looking for love
I didn't come looking for a fight
I come here every night to work

And you can grab an axe, man
Or you can step aside
"

Lol no one is going to have that. Add pallets, tubs, and everything else that can't fit anywhere else in that empty space and now we're talking.

I push tubs and pallets back to the line.... Fixtures go on the sweep or trash.

Back