I misspoke then. In my scenario, I always sell the amount you sell +1 more as long as the instocks are there. There is no situation where taking from the salesfloor before the backroom should happen. Period.

Then tell me how I get to the pallet up in the steel or the backroom valley that is packed with carts of crap that can't be moved out since there is NOWHERE for them to get moved so you can get the ladder down to the location so you can climb up and get the product? Tell me.? Do I levitate my ass up in the air so I can magically grab those rolls of papertowels or that pair of shoes?

In a store that works which ours and most aren't working right now, yes pick from the back first but when you can't move in the back the floor and small amount that trickles off the truck is ours for the pickin and screw the guest cause spot sure as shit doesn't give a fuck about them.

There is no situation where taking from the salesfloor before the backroom should happen. Period.
So it's more efficient during back to school to use the forklift to bring down and open a shipper, remove a $0.75 box of markers, and put the shipper back up, rather than go to the floor and grab one out of the box of a couple hundred?

There is no situation where taking from the salesfloor before the backroom should happen. Period.
In a perfect world where everything in the backroom is easily accessible then absolutely we should always take from the backroom. That just isn't the case though. I'd rather not move 10 vehicles around to be able to move the ladder just to get one box down, when it'd take less than a minute to grab it off the floor. Backstock has been bowled down the aisle and I need something on the top shelf of C, so I and a frustrated backroom team member have to move all those boxes so I can bring the ladder all the way down. In certain moments a way to skip the backroom would be great. If you want me to go back later and restock the salesfloor I would gladly do it.

Then tell me how I get to the pallet up in the steel or the backroom valley that is packed with carts of crap that can't be moved out since there is NOWHERE for them to get moved so you can get the ladder down to the location so you can climb up and get the product? Tell me.? Do I levitate my ass up in the air so I can magically grab those rolls of papertowels or that pair of shoes?

In a store that works which ours and most aren't working right now, yes pick from the back first but when you can't move in the back the floor and small amount that trickles off the truck is ours for the pickin and screw the guest cause spot sure as shit doesn't give a fuck about them.

If you don't get it from the backroom, then a salesfloor TM will have to go through all of the shit when a guest asks for the item. There's not a perfect solution. Somebody is going to have to go through the shit. The system is designed so that the salesfloor TM doesn't have to make Karen wait 20 minutes for her must have item. Makes sense to me.

If you don't get it from the backroom, then a salesfloor TM will have to go through all of the shit when a guest asks for the item. There's not a perfect solution. Somebody is going to have to go through the shit. The system is designed so that the salesfloor TM doesn't have to make Karen wait 20 minutes for her must have item. Makes sense to me.
We are time by the system to pick a SFS batch in an hour; goal of 30 units per pick productivity hour. I know the pick productivity is flawed but TL and above somehow don’t notice someone doing OPU all day at mach9 speed has a lower pick productive than someone who did only a few OPU units. In an ideal, clean backroom it’s makes sense but I don’t think any Target backroom is making sense.

Has anyone noticed collates haven’t been telling us to put Lithium labels on the box? We shipped out some batteries but the collate didn’t tell us to put lithium. Its the same for PS4s, they don’t require lithium labels but somehow the box sent from the manufacturer has a Lithium label printed on box.

Last edited:
Also, when stowing things into hold for opu, it has you scan the items, put the bag into a hold location, THEN print out the label associated for the bag after you theoretically set it down out of your hands. It would be nice to have print label in the middle, so that I can stow into location and then be done, without having to remember what location I put it in. Just to foolproof to the current system a bit
I've thought the same. Printing the label before you scan the hold location would be helpful.

We are timed on literally everything in the system. Chances are, there are multiples of the item on the floor. The in store guest can wait while pallets are moved, etc. Involve leadership if you need to. If the guest really wants the item, they'll wait. If not, the lost sale is on Spot for allowing the stores to be this way. You're not that likely to have a guest come in looking for every item that we couldn't get to. I am supposed to have my opu done within 30 minutes. SFS I am supposed to have 50+ units picked per hour... we don't have time to wait for the entire backroom to be arranged for EVERY item when we have 4k units in the gun.

Last edited:

We are timed on literally everything in the system. Chances are, there are multiples of the item on the floor. The in store guest can wait while pallets are moved, etc. Involve leadership if you need to. If the guest really wants the item, they'll wait. If not, the lost sale is on Spot for allowing the stores to be this way. You're not that likely to have a guest come in looking for every item that we couldn't get to. I am supposed to have my opu done within 30 minutes. SFS I am supposed to have 50+ units picked per hour... we don't have time to wait for the entire backroom to be arranged for EVERY item when we have 4k units in the gun.

That shit ain't moving. I have watched leadership lie to the guest that the system was mistaken cause they didn't want to have to figure out where that crap was going to get moved to. Cause in my store the only choice is back out to the salesfloor. And that is not allowed. But then again they don't care it takes 3hrs to set the line for a truck or it takes 2+hrs to get everything back in after a truck.

So it's more efficient during back to school to use the forklift to bring down and open a shipper, remove a $0.75 box of markers, and put the shipper back up, rather than go to the floor and grab one out of the box of a couple hundred?
Why don't you have your BTS shippers out on time?

Why don't you have your BTS shippers out on time?

It doesn't have to be just shippers. BTS season we have SO many 24 packs of crayons, for example, that there are pallets of casepacks in the steel. Same with other crayola products, folders, etc. Use that for their example instead of shippers if that's all you were able to get from that post.

It doesn't have to be just shippers. BTS season we have SO many 24 packs of crayons, for example, that there are pallets of casepacks in the steel. Same with other crayola products, folders, etc. Use that for their example instead of shippers if that's all you were able to get from that post.
It's exactly this. On the sales floor, we have large bins of crayons and markers with hundreds in them. And in the backroom we have many, many boxes of them. So during BTS, SFS batches are mostly school supplies. So in every batch, rather than just grabbing one from the bin, we have to climb up a ladder and pull the entire box out. Sometimes we'll simply backstock 23 back into the location to the annoyance of the LOG-ETL, other people will just leave the box on the backstock tub. Then, 30 minutes later, the next SFS batch will have them pulling another box of crayons! This one gets pulled, and goes on the backstock tub likely on top of the previous one since the system won't let us grab the loose ones.

It's exactly this. On the sales floor, we have large bins of crayons and markers with hundreds in them. And in the backroom we have many, many boxes of them. So during BTS, SFS batches are mostly school supplies. So in every batch, rather than just grabbing one from the bin, we have to climb up a ladder and pull the entire box out. Sometimes we'll simply backstock 23 back into the location to the annoyance of the LOG-ETL, other people will just leave the box on the backstock tub. Then, 30 minutes later, the next SFS batch will have them pulling another box of crayons! This one gets pulled, and goes on the backstock tub likely on top of the previous one since the system won't let us grab the loose ones.

Or like we did, left some cases at the packing desk and just robbed that and burned the pull.

They can sit around for a week or more before it sets, even on time. And they are up for picking when the truck they are on is acknowledged. It's not about them being set on time, its just about them being in the store.

I'm honestly surprised that I didn't have to pull from the Valentine's Day crap this week for SFS/OPU. It came on a truck last week, God knows when we'll get it out (since we'll have to keep all our Christmas clearance out), but it's tied to a transition location so the store expects me to find it on the floor where Christmas still is, but it's God knows where on the steel. I know how to use the Wave, but this stuff is so hard to get to you have to climb on the steel once you get up there and I don't feel comfortable doing that. It's so frustrating.

I'm honestly surprised that I didn't have to pull from the Valentine's Day crap this week for SFS/OPU. It came on a truck last week, God knows when we'll get it out (since we'll have to keep all our Christmas clearance out), but it's tied to a transition location so the store expects me to find it on the floor where Christmas still is, but it's God knows where on the steel. I know how to use the Wave, but this stuff is so hard to get to you have to climb on the steel once you get up there and I don't feel comfortable doing that. It's so frustrating.
"Go grab that $4.00 Valentines trinket! It's in one of the 30 boxes on one of the pallets shrink wrapped up on the steel... maybe."
And my store wonders why nobody has applied for the flex position for over 6 months.

Something nobody's mentioned that Target absolutely knows about since they've prioritized opu/sfs over actual guests.... sure in theory we should leave a product on the floor for the guest who comes in looking for it, but even if a guest walks in and asks for an instant pot and has it in their cart already... they might not buy it. Opu/sfs are way more likely to actually be a sale. Sfs more than opu, cause plenty of people just don't retrieve their order. But Target sees these avenues as more reliable sales than people strolling in and looking around.

Does INF change the count of an item? Seems to make sense if INF is triggered mutliple times, it should change to 0 automatically or at least prompts to change it at some point.

Does INF change the count of an item? Seems to make sense if INF is triggered mutliple times, it should change to 0 automatically or at least prompts to change it at some point.
That make sense but this is Target. It doesn’t change the count but stops new sending it to the store.
INF once and that particular DPCI will stop new orders of the DPCI sent to the store to 24 hours. If it’s already in the current workload, you’ll just have to cancel it.
i.e There is 505(683) in the required workload at Dec 13 @ 7am. INF a T-Rex on Dec 13 @ 8:07am, new orders for the T-Rex won’t be sent to us until Dec 14 @ 8:07am. However, there is still more workload and the same T-Rex shows up in a batch later that day as it was sent before the initial INF.

Last edited:
Has anyone had an issue with the description of a bra not listing the size?

Not really but the descriptions are usually terrible and I look at the picture, the DCPI, the brand and everything to figure out what it wants. And bra sizes are clothing sizes last digit goes up or down with size.

If my goal time is 4pm and I have orders that say ship by 8 .if I am packing and sorting them after 4 but before 8 will I still be green ???

Turns out people just stopped typing toys at my store so it's bizzaroworld trying to find toys since we have them all over the damn store now.

Not really but the descriptions are usually terrible and I look at the picture, the DCPI, the brand and everything to figure out what it wants. And bra sizes are clothing sizes last digit goes up or down with size.
We are adding more info to the picking page to help identify items better than the main item description. These pieces of info will be dept, brand, size, and color (if applicable). This will launch starting in January after freeze.

Back