For an OPU of 80, we would have a few people work on it. One signs in to it, skips through the locs, and anyone helping takes pictures of the screens. That way, 3 or 4 people can be working on it. Cant wait for it to split the orders.

The only way to fix this at the moment is to relabel your HBA stockroom. The backroom pathing is alphanumeric so is pretty 'dumb'. 01A, 01B, 01C, 02A, 02B, etc. We are looking at BR pathing to be combined with SF pathing to make more efficient paths in the total store, but that is likely at least a year away.

Gotcha. Its probably best to wait, until you guys design that. It is really no problem for us to skip the HBA stockroom, at the moment.

Hope it works out for you and your ETL gets that much needed clue. At my store “my ETL” and “understand” could never appear in the same sentence, at least not unaccompanied by the words “doesn’t” or “can’t “.😂

I am bitchy enough where I have kind of forced the issue. You changed the cubbies we put STS clothing orders cause it fits better and can hold more orders to open shelves, well I packed those shelves out to the point it was falling out all over the floor. Cause I told her we use them to keep it neat and hide things. "Well I want it open so you can see everything." It lasted a couple hours before guest services was calling asking why the cubbies were gone cause orders were falling on the floor. Cubbies came back.

I left a days worth of orders to pack when her flow team left crap all in the packing area. "I had no where to move the flow left overs so stuff couldn't get packed." and provided pictures. It's gotten better somewhat but she took heat for that shit. I couldn't even get a jack in there to move pallets.

Yes. I think SFS is one of the reasons my BRLA is jacked up.

It didn't help when we had kids with 5min to training pulling from the back, it also doesn't help when you have an entire store with little training backstocking. We know fillgroups mean nothing anymore. They just pick a spot and jam all the backstock in the WACO's.

So throughout the whole weekend we finished (required) early an started on (next). Orders were super low and we stayed ahead and didn’t have forge packing & sorting. Here comes Monday, Gen Merch ETL is in the building. Pulls everyone including myself but 3 and SFS falls behind and we have to forge shit in. I am so tired of this dumbass ETL screwing shit up everytime he is in the building. I gladly took the BTS after that shit on my first 15.

So throughout the whole weekend we finished (required) early an started on (next). Orders were super low and we stayed ahead and didn’t have forge packing & sorting. Here comes Monday, Gen Merch ETL is in the building. Pulls everyone including myself but 3 and SFS falls behind and we have to forge shit in. I am so tired of this dumbass ETL screwing shit up everytime he is in the building. I gladly took the BTS after that shit on my first 15.

Note it that it was this shit for brains ETL who pulled you off your task and then don't worry about catching up. When you see your leaders you tell them that this shit for brains doesn't want the store to make money and screwed you over and offered no help to you to catch up.

That isn't on you. It's for them to argue and work out.

Note it that it was this shit for brains ETL who pulled you off your task and then don't worry about catching up. When you see your leaders you tell them that this shit for brains doesn't want the store to make money and screwed you over and offered no help to you to catch up.

That isn't on you. It's for them to argue and work out.
Literally every leader in this building knows he does this. Anytime it’s low enough he pulls to push a fucking dedicated area. Truck is not my problem. I shouldn’t get so irritated but it just felt good for like 4 days to not have to rush & forge carts in to meet goal.

I have a question on how pick and pack productivity is calculated. Is it your average from the whole day or do they look at each batch separately? At one point today I looked at my pick productivity and it was 79 then later it was at 54. My pack was at 170 earlier in the day but when I looked at it right before I left it was only 87. Yesterday at one point my pack was at 207 but again, later in the day it was 142. My pick yesterday was 77 and then later only 31.

We were told goal for pick is 40 and pack is 100, so will I be coached for the times it was lower than those, or is it fine because my overall average meets those goals?
They usually look at the average for a week at minimum. Not totally sure on pack/sort, but usually as long as everything is sorted on time (before scheduled carrier pick up then it’s okay.

It’s important to note that pick time goes from cart start to stop; pauses are included. Any cart taking over 2 hours to finish isn’t included in overall metrics. Also, if you go into someone else’s paused cart you inherit that pick time and any INFs.

Literally every leader in this building knows he does this. Anytime it’s low enough he pulls to push a fucking dedicated area. Truck is not my problem. I shouldn’t get so irritated but it just felt good for like 4 days to not have to rush & forge carts in to meet goal.

Have you tried mentioning to your ETL, when they try to pull you that you don't think that would be the best idea? Sometimes, if you speak up politely it can actually help a situation instead of saying nothing and letting the workload crumble.

Not accusing you or anything just a tip.

Thanks! It’s been a thing for several years regardless of batch info (even in the old PDA days of SFS); just told to deal with it. I imagine it’s because those locations are all “99S” instead of “99B.” I’ll look into getting a ticket in the next day I work.

THANK YOU AGAIN!
Just delete the location and reprint the labels if you think the labels are wrong.

Have you tried mentioning to your ETL, when they try to pull you that you don't think that would be the best idea? Sometimes, if you speak up politely it can actually help a situation instead of saying nothing and letting the workload crumble.

Not accusing you or anything just a tip.
Multiple TMs have. He doesn’t listen. Then starts bitching to my leader that the numbers aren’t looking good as it gets closer to the deadline. Yet will never take the blame.

Multiple TMs have. He doesn’t listen. Then starts bitching to my leader that the numbers aren’t looking good as it gets closer to the deadline. Yet will never take the blame.
I'm sorry to hear that. Don't get to discouraged. Hopefully, you have some more competent leaders at your store who are noticing you and the other SFS's TM's good behavior when things go to hell. That way whenever a change is made, you make is sound inevitable, you won't be left out or have other Leads thinking you were the problem.

I have no clue. It was set up long before I started and probably before anyone currently there started. Hopefully it’ll be fixed tomorrow when I get there.
Likely someone trying to be clever in being able to quickly decipher where the location is like you do with the freezers and cooler, 99F and such. Who ever did that clearly didn't do their research though... 99 should be used for bulk only and S is for off-sites like stated above.

Likely someone trying to be clever in being able to quickly decipher where the location is like you do with the freezers and cooler, 99F and such. Who ever did that clearly didn't do their research though... 99 should be used for bulk only and S is for off-sites like stated above.
Or R for risers

Or R for risers
R as in you are Right! Forgot about that one but in the backroom grouping world R is still treated at bulk when picking and will be a location you're sent to last. Lets be real who actually locates their risers??? My store did for the first time in a while this year and I was amazed.

R as in you are Right! Forgot about that one but in the backroom grouping world R is still treated at bulk when picking and will be a location you're sent to last. Lets be real who actually locates their risers??? My store did for the first time in a while this year and I was amazed.
I might be the odd store but our risers on the floor are back-stocked , it’s nice when you have an epick , it’s a bitch when you have to pull auto fill and go to the floor to do it lol.

I might be the odd store but our risers on the floor are back-stocked , it’s nice when you have an epick , it’s a bitch when you have to pull auto fill and go to the floor to do it lol.
You use them year round? Our group was told only Q4 and BTC since we are a priority 1 store for BTC

You use them year round? Our group was told only Q4 and BTC since we are a priority 1 store for BTC
For now . But I believe they are going away completely because my Stl told me to start deleting all the z locations including the risers

Back