So throughout the whole weekend we finished (required) early an started on (next). Orders were super low and we stayed ahead and didn’t have forge packing & sorting. Here comes Monday, Gen Merch ETL is in the building. Pulls everyone including myself but 3 and SFS falls behind and we have to forge shit in. I am so tired of this dumbass ETL screwing shit up everytime he is in the building. I gladly took the BTS after that shit on my first 15.

If I didn't work Monday I would thought you were in my store...I've gone off on GM etl about leaving team alone and then they can push.... Is better to leave team intact and finish 3-4 hours early then to pull team and need help and have to scan sort out carts to meet deadline.

Likely someone trying to be clever in being able to quickly decipher where the location is like you do with the freezers and cooler, 99F and such. Who ever did that clearly didn't do their research though... 99 should be used for bulk only and S is for off-sites like stated above.
Interesting. All of our “back rooms” start with 99B (the area in question is actually in a different part of the store; it has one aisle for beauty (99S) and the rest of it is for some vendor items. 99B001A01 starts light duty, 99B101A01 starts bulk, and 99B300E01 is electronics.

I highly doubt anyone is going to want to take the time to change the beauty backstock location barcodes and relocated everything just because it’s a slight issue for Fulfillment.

Interesting. All of our “back rooms” start with 99B (the area in question is actually in a different part of the store; it has one aisle for beauty (99S) and the rest of it is for some vendor items. 99B001A01 starts light duty, 99B101A01 starts bulk, and 99B300E01 is electronics.

I highly doubt anyone is going to want to take the time to change the beauty backstock location barcodes and relocated everything just because it’s a slight issue for Fulfillment.
Are you sure it’s not 01b?

It didn't help when we had kids with 5min to training pulling from the back, it also doesn't help when you have an entire store with little training backstocking. We know fillgroups mean nothing anymore. They just pick a spot and jam all the backstock in the WACO's.

Someone in my store shoved a casepack in an open stock location, and pushed the items further back. I can't even...

There was plenty of case stock space too. The non-existent backstock training irks me. No wonder why they spend soo much time pulling Autos.

Someone in my store shoved a casepack in an open stock location, and pushed the items further back. I can't even...

There was plenty of case stock space too. The non-existent backstock training irks me. No wonder why they spend soo much time pulling Autos.

That is half my backroom. It is getting better but its real fun when you are at the top of a ladder and have to unpack the entire bulk shelf to find box in the back.

@mobilelady

Do you guys have any plans for cancelled orders?

Its really upsetting when you start packing your cart, and that big seasonal list gets cancelled once you scan everything in. It would be nice if we could know about cancelled orders sooner, like when we're in the middle of picking a batch (or the order gets deleted asap). Its a small annoyance I have with P&S 2.0

I pulled chem out a Waco that for clothing yesterday.. And that Waco already had like three different entire size runs of clothing in them and was already bursting off the shelf. And the chem stock room is across the store.. :(

Today I had a weird FF SPU before I left at 5pm there was suddenly a missed goal and when I check it in the pickup app it says Not ready for Pick Up when in EPick theres no fken batch for it just one item all good tho.

Today I had a weird FF SPU before I left at 5pm there was suddenly a missed goal and when I check it in the pickup app it says Not ready for Pick Up when in EPick theres no fken batch for it just one item all good tho.

It happens. For some reason batches get stuck. They'll be complete on time. The guest will get an email that they are complete. However, the system doesn't recognize the batch as completed. Other batches after it will complete normally. That one batch will remain stuck and show as items still to be picked in MPM until the guest shows up to get their stuff.

I've been on the lookout for it since it happened to me on a 17 item drive up.

Ah!

This is why it's fucked.

ePick will not allow Offsites, and MOVE treats all 99S as BULK locations currently.
Status update on the ticket says the issue is “resolved,” but I haven’t tested it to see if actually fixed or someone relayed the info to our TL that epick thinks that room is offsite so we have to deal (way too busy with 3 times our usual picks and less staff on schedule).

Is there any, or a chance there will be, a way to cancel all/part of an order after the collate has been created and scanned (not sorted)? Had an issue the other day when non-SFS TM was helping scan and noticed when items were being packed that a package of underwear was missing one pair. No more were on hand so had to call CSC to cancel the entire order.

This may also happen if an item breaks or leaks when being packed. It was nice in the old p&s that containers could be canceled or split after scanned in - even with the limited time window.

Status update on the ticket says the issue is “resolved,” but I haven’t tested it to see if actually fixed or someone relayed the info to our TL that epick thinks that room is offsite so we have to deal (way too busy with 3 times our usual picks and less staff on schedule).
The epick wouldn’t think it’s offsite . Epick batches bypasss the offsite locations even if the item is in location I would have to look into my work to see if my batch has locations at the offsite .

@mobilelady I have a few questions that I hope you can answer as I have a feeling there will be a lack of communication to our SFS team on some of the upcoming changes. Am I correct in printing a label for OPU/DU orders for each individual bag/large item, whether or not they all are held in the same location? If I have 3 bags, 2 large rolls of paper towels, and 3 12 packs of the same brand pop, don't I need a total of 8 different labels? I should not be scanning in the 2 rolls of paper towels, then hitting create label, and then reprinting the same label so they both have one, correct? I should create a label for each roll. This is the way I have been doing it since the change was made. And what happens when a guest picks up an order where the label was handwritten, perhaps because the printer ran out of paper or just won't print? Will there be issues picking up those orders? There are instances when the system "thinks" a label was printed, but for whatever reason, one had to be handwritten, can guest service override the requirement to scan the label?

On the removal of 30 items per batch and basing batch size on what will fit in one cart--you mentioned that the system will "suggest" a location based on the item's size. Does this mean that individual orders will not be suggested to be placed in the same subcart location? Could one order have multiple items spread out all over the cart? This will certainly add to the amount of time needed to pack the cart. Will the system only place one item in each subcart location? I would like a little further info on this. And since you mentioned this change, I have been watching the suggested box size when packing my orders, and I can tell you it is wrong 50% of the time. And we do not have time to let the CSC know of possible dimension issues. When I am packing a 20 piece order, how do I know which item's dimension is wrong, therefore giving me a wrong box size. Target loves to make our job more laborious (the prep scan, the sort scan to name a few) and we certainly do not have time to keep a log for this.

Any insight you can give me would be greatly appreciated.
On your first paragraph, you should create a unique label for every bag or item that you'd want to see it separated in the Pickup app to ensure the guest gets everything in their order. Items in 1 bag should have a unique label and every bulk item should have a unique label as a general rule. These labels will each show in the Pickup app (when it rolls out this summer) as separate 'things' to give to the guest and basically checkmark that you got them all. So if you have 2 packages of paper towels and put them in the same hold location and print 1 label and reprint another one, in the Pickup app you will only see 1 imaginary bag for both of those items. This can work if your guest services TM looks at the quantity and/or labels on the items, but your fool proof way is to label them individually so the GSTM needs to scan each bulky item and each bag.

@mobilelady can we please please please get a button when picking from casepack to just “grab from floor” or can we get some sort of ‘smart’ counting that first sends us to whatevers located in openstock, then if we only need a few more it can just send us to the floor instead of opening a casepack of 12. I think thats SFS’ biggest issue here that interferes with pick time as well as directly effects BRLA and SF accuracy when not done correctly.

This is being looked at and has been discussed. Nothing solid yet on deciding or building anything yet but it's definitely something that we've heard as a big pain point.

Also, sad to say that this is my last day on the fulfillment side of things. I'm moving to another area of the company but I've told my replacement to look here as you guys have such great feedback and insight. Thanks for all the help you've provided over the last couple of years as we've developed ePick. Many things that you've said have directly impacted what we build!

Also, sad to say that this is my last day on the fulfillment side of things. I'm moving to another area of the company but I've told my replacement to look here as you guys have such great feedback and insight. Thanks for all the help you've provided over the last couple of years as we've developed ePick. Many things that you've said have directly impacted what we build!
So sad! Hopefully the replacement checks in. are you moving to another app team or a completely diff area?

Anyone else have no OPUs at all for about an hour and a half today and then get a flood of hours after that within 5 minutes of each other?

Sort of. I wasn't paying attention to the down time, but we did have "quite" period than had about 60 OPU orders drop in within 15 minutes. Had to have 6 SFS TM's jump in to keep up with them all. The flood of orders dropped at about 2pm est.

No reported global issue. Guests just werent ordering.

And, they all suddenly ordered within 5 minutes? I call bullshit. I had nothing for an hour and a half. Unusual for a Friday. And, then, suddenly a flood of orders all within 5 minutes of each other. My ass there wasn't a Target.com issue whether they wanted to report it or not. Orders reverted back to normal after that.

Back