I’m the former sfs tl so yeah I can order . But I agree whatever they need me to get I go right on the computer and do it right away

Can you still order? Now that we use Go Cart instead of sap only Etls can order.

Actually you can’t call sfs for opu . Opu it’s own strictly by guest service and now tm are schedule under guest service for opu. No longer my sfs team thank god . I went head to head with the etl Ge and showed the book where he owns that shit and can no longer pass it to me.

uh Service and Engagement owns the guest facing parts of Order Pickup, i.e. the order pickup desk. picking is still fulfillment. absolutely no tasking is happening at the front end anymore.

uh Service and Engagement owns the guest facing parts of Order Pickup, i.e. the order pickup desk. picking is still fulfillment. absolutely no tasking is happening at the front end anymore.
Actually you are wrong . Ask your etl hr why hours are taking away from engagement service? He will say they are giving to sfs team member to do the opu, because he probably doesn’t want to ruin whatever minimal green metrics you might have. But believe me anything to do with opu belongs to etl he. And once I threw the book at him and said as of the next schedule no sfs team will do opu he said okay , because he can’t argue what he can’t win.

Actually you are wrong . Ask your etl hr why hours are taking away from engagement service? He will say they are giving to sfs team member to do the opu, because he probably doesn’t want to ruin whatever minimal green metrics you might have. But believe me anything to do with opu belongs to etl he. And once I threw the book at him and said as of the next schedule no sfs team will do opu he said okay , because he can’t argue what he can’t win.

no, you're wrong. it's not the service and engagement team's responsibility to pick orders whatsoever. check in the june addendum how hours are actually allocated:

"Fulfillment: Workload for SFS picking and packing OPU/Drive Up picking and Return to Stock functions."

it makes no sense for the front end to be picking orders. you still own that.

Forget to come back and respond.

Anyway I put in a ticket with the helpdesk and after a few days they "resolved" one our our days. Basically, due to ePick being extra crummy recently all the orders aren't coming through so on some reports and applications that show up as late, even though we never actually received them. The only way for it to be fixed is to wait for the "late" units to come in, pick and pack them, then wait a few days for all the reports and systems to "refresh" to show the correct metrics.

I swear....Spot's tech...

I'm curious to hear from other stores what your closers do in between OPUs (assuming they are the only person scheduled in Fulfillment).

Currently, we schedule one person 5-10:30 each night, and he/she re-stocks the pack stations and then pushes leftover truck and/or backstocks what the GM team couldn't get to, in between picking OPUs. We are not allowed to start picking SFS items for the next day, because it makes the SFS pick times appear low if the closer is constantly pausing carts in order to pick the OPUs that drop. However, this causes the next day's team to miss the pack deadline more often than not.

It seems to me that making the pack deadline should be a higher priority than individual pick time metrics, but maybe I'm crazy.

TL;DR: Does your closing Fulfillment TM start picking orders for the next day during their downtime?

I'm curious to hear from other stores what your closers do in between OPUs (assuming they are the only person scheduled in Fulfillment).

Currently, we schedule one person 5-10:30 each night, and he/she re-stocks the pack stations and then pushes leftover truck and/or backstocks what the GM team couldn't get to, in between picking OPUs. We are not allowed to start picking SFS items for the next day, because it makes the SFS pick times appear low if the closer is constantly pausing carts in order to pick the OPUs that drop. However, this causes the next day's team to miss the pack deadline more often than not.

It seems to me that making the pack deadline should be a higher priority than individual pick time metrics, but maybe I'm crazy.

TL;DR: Does your closing Fulfillment TM start picking orders for the next day during their downtime?

I am typically the closing Fulfillment TM at my store. I do start picking orders for the next day. I work a four hour shift in the evening, and leave right at closing. I typically spend the first 3 hours of my shift picking and packing the next day's orders, along with doing OPUs. I spend my last hour cleaning and organizing the back room (restocking boxes, taking out the trash, filling the water in the WAT machines, restocking supplies, doing any back stock that was left over from the morning crew, etc) along with the OPUs. If the entire SFS area is completely cleaned and restocked, then I'll usually help the sales floor with reshop and zoning until the end of my shift.

Occasionally I'll have a lead who will ask me to do something else (truck, back stock, etc.) but I definitely spend most of my shifts focusing on SFS.

Mine went down again too. Then it came back, but everything was slow. Then, to top it off, mytime started giving the red exclamation mark. Bah. Can't win today

I don't do OPU/SFS but the TL over that area put timers on the carts and expects them to be used to help meet goal times

Our closer usually comes in at either 3 or 330. So they usually spend the first hour helping the openers/mid (if we had one that day) either finish packing or cover OPU while the mid packs.

Once they are by themselves (which is usually after the first 30 minutes or hour, unless it's one of the few days we had a mid), they'll start on the next days batches between OPU. Our store is pretty strict about not pulling the closer unless there is next to nothing in tomorrow's SFS batch and OPUs are slow. If anything, they'll maybe have them try to push a u-boat, or something small like that.

I usually have a closer come in and work from 5pm to 10:30pm. I "hope" that someday they will be able to pick for the next day seeing as we always have a ton of orders sitting in the gun (like 300 when they come in at 5pm). Unfortunately, my store always pulls them to push freight or zone. Some nights is a struggle to keep them in SFS just to restock.

I know our btc stuff isnt getting set till late next week. Im gonna be pissed if I start getting orders for it, even though I always do early every year.
And now that we have no real plano team, shit gets set, and then takes weeks to get filled and our Infs go through the roof cuz i am not digging through 90 repacks for a pencil. F that.

Back