You want the dirty truth, it's cause stores doing shady ass shit of picking and scanning out orders and not packing them for days. Now it has to be tracked to death.

Of course I want the truth. It's an inefficient system. The same etl that cries about "too many steps" when I'm setting a pog has no problem with me picking an item in G40, walking across the store to pick a shirt, then walking back to G to pick an item in G41. Pathing has been crap for years, but no one fixes that.

Of course I want the truth. It's an inefficient system. The same etl that cries about "too many steps" when I'm setting a pog has no problem with me picking an item in G40, walking across the store to pick a shirt, then walking back to G to pick an item in G41. Pathing has been crap for years, but no one fixes that.

You have the ability to see that crap in the path and "Nope skip that bullshit" and then pick the next item on g39. Pathing won't get fixed cause they don't know how to fix it. And until they have to deal with it, it's not worth their time, cause the your time that is wasted doesn't effect them.

Can't really fix pathing at the store level. We've tried. We've made numerous phone calls to everyone my ETL and SD can think of to try to get it fixed because about two months ago it suddenly went from shitty to oh my fucking god this shit sucks balls. My favorite is our pathing just in market. We'll go from aisle 29 to 18 and then it will have us go back to aisle 26. I looked at one market pathing list the other day and it was something like 28 - 23 - 23 - 22 - 25 - 19 - 17 - 17 - 17 - 17 - 18 - 27 -26 - 13.

I try to remember to look ahead into the batch and "skip items" so that the pathing is better.

Unless someone has more efficient advice?
You have the ability to see that crap in the path and "Nope skip that bullshit" and then pick the next item on g39. Pathing won't get fixed cause they don't know how to fix it. And until they have to deal with it, it's not worth their time, cause the your time that is wasted doesn't effect them.

That takes time too.

That takes time too.

A lot less time that walking across the store and back. We have backrooms on opposite ends of the store, when a batch starts it takes us through all the backroom locations at one time, we have to skip the one backroom every batch pick everything until we get to that side of the store. If you do walk across the store and pick that backroom your first location after it will be back across the store in seasonal. Skipping is way quicker than wasting all those steps while picking nothing.

I just look at the list of items I need , grab them when i walk by, and scan them when I get to them. I don't skip. I'll switch over to mywork just to make sure I grab the right item if it doesn't have the dpci on it.

We are going through a remodel right now so our pathing is crazy, along with so many unlocated items under generic CATEGORY locations.

I just look at the list of items I need , grab them when i walk by, and scan them when I get to them. I don't skip. I'll switch over to mywork just to make sure I grab the right item if it doesn't have the dpci on it.

We are going through a remodel right now so our pathing is crazy, along with so many unlocated items under generic CATEGORY locations.

What list?

A lot less time that walking across the store and back. We have backrooms on opposite ends of the store, when a batch starts it takes us through all the backroom locations at one time, we have to skip the one backroom every batch pick everything until we get to that side of the store. If you do walk across the store and pick that backroom your first location after it will be back across the store in seasonal. Skipping is way quicker than wasting all those steps while picking nothing.

True, less time. But still less efficient than fixing the pathing.

Our new printers are being installed tomorrow...asked my ETL if they'd sent any supplies to go along with them. He didn't know...I'm glad I don't work tomorrow, as I have a bad feeling about this.

Also, time to recycle the 20 boxes of collates that are now useless. Yay.

Our new printers are being installed tomorrow...asked my ETL if they'd sent any supplies to go along with them. He didn't know...I'm glad I don't work tomorrow, as I have a bad feeling about this.

We got a box for labels for each printer. They came in at the same time.

Can't really fix pathing at the store level. We've tried. We've made numerous phone calls to everyone my ETL and SD can think of to try to get it fixed because about two months ago it suddenly went from shitty to oh my fucking god this shit sucks balls. My favorite is our pathing just in market. We'll go from aisle 29 to 18 and then it will have us go back to aisle 26. I looked at one market pathing list the other day and it was something like 28 - 23 - 23 - 22 - 25 - 19 - 17 - 17 - 17 - 17 - 18 - 27 -26 - 13.

Are you not able to do sales floor patching on worldbench anymore?? You should be able to log into workbench and update your pathing by department/lettering to make it easier. Then on top of that when doing picking the picking app should update to give you the best path to pick for each order.

After using the new printer and talking with other team members about this new printer all I can say is good luck with packing on time now.

Make sure the tech stays until you run a bunch of orders through it. I wasn't there the day ours was installed the tech set it up walked out and the damn thing didn't even work. took them four hours of troubleshooting to get the thing working. CSC's solution was "we can send you a new one in three days." with 20 carts of SFS waiting to get packed up..

The new printer works fine, if you have multiple packers working you have pull the first label off for the next one to print or it just sits there waiting. So your fastest scan prints first, but sometimes waits for the slowest packer. I just pull it tack to the desk and pull mine off.

Are you not able to do sales floor patching on worldbench anymore?? You should be able to log into workbench and update your pathing by department/lettering to make it easier. Then on top of that when doing picking the picking app should update to give you the best path to pick for each order.
I think they got rid of that.

After using the new printer and talking with other team members about this new printer all I can say is good luck with packing on time now.
The ETLs at my store make us cheat instead of just scheduling accordingly so it’s on them if we don’t pack on time once we have the new printers which I’m fine with
(Camera pans to me, a week later, getting coached for missing goal)

Back