So how many hours do fulfillment TMs get at your store? I've gotten to the point where I'm about as fast as the fastest packers and pickers, but because they've all been here for 1-5 years and I'm relatively new I get screwed over by scheduling all the time (I went from 36 hours this week to 21.5 next next week)

I'm seriously considering transferring to a larger volume store, I feel like I'm wasting my effort.

January is slow everywhere. It's life in retail. Look at the swap board and see if there are shifts to pick up. Call on the busy days and (thursday-saturday) and see if there are call-outs that they need to replace.

My store has decided that the reason we have so much unlocated backroom is because of my team. I don't doubt they do some, but it's not all on them. INF is greatly affected by items that have been out for months or years with no audits in sight. Ugh
Like...yeah fulfillment can created backroom issues but not without being very careless. Much more likely to be backstocker error or a system's glitch. Fulfillment is just an easy target since we're in and out of aisles so much...

On another note, I keep getting orders for this specific baby bubble bath. I audit the dang thing and it still pops up once a week so far. We haven't sold it in almost 3 years, therefore it's existence has been in question since before I even worked at Target. Why am I getting orders for it, HQ!? It's not even a brand I've seen before! Why is this allowed?

My store has decided that the reason we have so much unlocated backroom is because of my team. I don't doubt they do some, but it's not all on them. INF is greatly affected by items that have been out for months or years with no audits in sight. Ugh
I've heard this before too and I'm tempted to start telling my team to just skip backroom locations and only pick from the back if you absolutely have to.

Packing problem: on the app it showed 32 to prep and 77 to pack.
When I clicked on prep icon, it didn’t show anything( same for packing), but I scanned the carts and was able to prep and pack.
2 carts were ghosts carts, they were there but not on the app, and the rest was normal.

This excuse doesn't really hold widely true anymore now that ePick will usually prompt for rebackstocking anything extra it pulls. And if you're in a caseless store, it will rarely do that because the system usually now knows it's not pulling from a case, so it's never an issue. Sounds like a cop-out, like Cass said. Backstocking is a myDay thing for the most part, which is not the app Fulfillment uses!

I've noticed something else. Say you need two of something, skip the backroom, and pick one from the floor. Sometimes, it will still have you pick two from the backroom, even though you already have one.
I always just manually pull the other one from the back with myDay and then skip to the floor location in the batch and type 2 for example

I've noticed something else. Say you need two of something, skip the backroom, and pick one from the floor. Sometimes, it will still have you pick two from the backroom, even though you already have one.
I've seen an extension of this glitch in grocery pickups too! If an item has 2 locations and you grab from one the 2nd location pops up once you finish the batch. Unlike the backroom glitch tho, you can just exit the cart and it'll be normal when resumed.

Just kinda...bad software design tho. Like how we can't path batches the way we want without skipping 20x. Why give us a task list if we can't select from it, HQ?

This excuse doesn't really hold widely true anymore now that ePick will usually prompt for rebackstocking anything extra it pulls. And if you're in a caseless store, it will rarely do that because the system usually now knows it's not pulling from a case, so it's never an issue. Sounds like a cop-out, like Cass said. Backstocking is a myDay thing for the most part, which is not the app Fulfillment uses!

But you get lazy pickers or people who don't pick on the regular they just skip the prompt and keep going not caring they just unlocated the rest of the case. Saw that a lot when we had seasonal people. People don't read the screens.

But you get lazy pickers or people who don't pick on the regular they just skip the prompt and keep going not caring they just unlocated the rest of the case. Saw that a lot when we had seasonal people. People don't read the screens.
Oh, for sure. But man, did I hate explaining backstocking in myWork when training people. At least now it's just one extra step as opposed to having to teach an entirely new skill set! 😄

Oh, for sure. But man, did I hate explaining backstocking in myWork when training people. At least now it's just one extra step as opposed to having to teach an entirely new skill set! 😄
At least backstocking in MyWork was pretty intuitive. MyDay literally gives me headaches trying to remember "okay this screen to backstock...that screen and then this series of buttons to pull the item. Whoops I'm on the wrong screen...". I dread having to exit epick to backstock or pull manually now just because it feels like a hassle instead of a feature.

Or maybe I'm the only one to hate it haha, idk.

I've seen an extension of this glitch in grocery pickups too! If an item has 2 locations and you grab from one the 2nd location pops up once you finish the batch. Unlike the backroom glitch tho, you can just exit the cart and it'll be normal when resumed.

Just kinda...bad software design tho. Like how we can't path batches the way we want without skipping 20x. Why give us a task list if we can't select from it, HQ?
You can also just hit skip item and the batch will complete.

I learned OPU recently and I was the jerk that unlocated a whole case (to make it worse, I left the case stuff at GS LOL). Backstock didn't come up in my 10 minutes of training, so when I did encounter it I was confused. I scanned the label and the item and said I was taking 2. I was ready to move on, but then it had me take 20 more. I'm like WTF. I just clicked none to back stock because I am doing an OPU not backstocking LOL. Plus there is this timer and if they are having the GS TM and the SETL pick OPUs, things are bad, so I kept going.

One issue they hit on was hitting all items scanned, so we are retraining everybody.

However, I had a GM person picking for me yesterday that had no idea what all items scanned did either. This is someone who pulls OFOs. Somehow I don't think it's just my team, I think things are getting messed up by everybody.

It doesn't matter, I'm planning my exit. I'm so unhappy in that store and it's killed my desire to stay with Target.

At least backstocking in MyWork was pretty intuitive. MyDay literally gives me headaches trying to remember "okay this screen to backstock...that screen and then this series of buttons to pull the item. Whoops I'm on the wrong screen...". I dread having to exit epick to backstock or pull manually now just because it feels like a hassle instead of a feature.

Or maybe I'm the only one to hate it haha, idk.

You are not. They have made it worse.

One issue they hit on was hitting all items scanned, so we are retraining everybody.

However, I had a GM person picking for me yesterday that had no idea what all items scanned did either. This is someone who pulls OFOs. Somehow I don't think it's just my team, I think things are getting messed up by everybody.

It doesn't matter, I'm planning my exit. I'm so unhappy in that store and it's killed my desire to stay with Target.
Unless they changed it a batch wont update after backing out an auditing the location. So the only way to finish the batch is to hit all items scanned. It shouldnt be an issue as long as they are indeed scanning all the items.
Edit to add:
If there is a lot of unlocated stuff all over the backroom then its probably that sfs is a big cause. If it is in only a couple of areas its likely to be a dbo issue. It can also be quite possible that it is one or two team members causing the problem.

Last edited:
Unless they changed it a batch wont update after backing out an auditing the location. So the only way to finish the batch is to hit all items scanned. It shouldnt be an issue as long as they are indeed scanning all the items.
Edit to add:
If there is a lot of unlocated stuff all over the backroom then its probably that sfs is a big cause. If it is in only a couple of areas its likely to be a dbo issue. It can also be quite possible that it is one or two team members causing the problem.

Yeah, I have no idea what to do when the item isn't there because exiting the batch/ePick and auditing the location doesn't work, as the backroom location will still appear in our batch. Now that it'll also give us the floor location, I will skip the backroom location and hope it's on the floor. But if it's not and the backroom location still pops up, I'm not going to lie and make somebody cancel in Pack and Ship or Pickup.

Hmm, now I'm wondering what would happen if I reset the cart after auditing the waco, maybe that would make it disappear. Might have to try that the next time it happens 🤔

Honestly, same. I bust my ass off, only to get bitched at about metrics and INF when it's not even my fault.
We've been banned from going through the CNS pallets for OPU, and now they're yelling at us about INF being higher. Like- what the fuck did you expect?

Vngoghlvr got promoted to flex tl last year after transferring from other store.
Yup.
I think the timing and situation were not good, but hindsight is 50/50. I'm at peace with it. I learned a lot, good and bad. Ultimately, I realized that I don't want to move up anymore. I couldn't sit in an office all day while my team needed help. And that's ok. I'll find a place where my style is appreciated and I will thrive. But I shouldn't be driving to work full of dread and on the verge of tears. I have a lot going on at home (I called out for the rest of this week because my daughter is having a huge mental health crisis) and I feel like Target is taking up too much headspace all the time and it's not healthy for me or my family.

Back