We just started grocery pick up and have 6 bins in the fridge and 3 in the freezer ( in the backroom), we are supposed to get new fridge / freezers but do not know when!
It’s fun to have to put in location in the backroom and at the opposite side of the store ( guest service ) for the same order.

Was just about to say...Amazon...
It seems like Target is trying to go for a more Amazon approach and trying to cut out the middle man and eventually own the whole process from picking the order to delivering it. Dealing with the carriers sometimes is a pain in the ass since almost every other week UPS does not come on Saturday to do their pickup. This would also make it so we don't have to sit on pallets of orders on Sunday and Monday until they can pick them up. They would either have to build new stores with SFS/OPU in mind to build respective areas since our guest service space is laughable how small it is, although we took over the old cafe space and our 1 pack station is in a corner in receiving, or take away salesfloor space to upgrade stores like ours that don't have the space to expand. What they really need to do is secure more product since quarantine bins, increased online orders, and increased in-store traffic has left some of our shelves bare and almost every style item I pick is last on-hand. It will be interesting to what they do in the future and hope that expanding fulfillment won't come at the cost of other areas of the store that are needed to make fulfillment successful and easier.

This is such a dumb thing to be irritated by, but man why are they getting rid of the good OPU bags for the shitty checklane ones.
I warned one of our SETLs today so they could order as many opu bags as physically possible to prepare...

I mean, the checklane bags are just so hard to use for opu. They stick together, they don't stay open when you're filling them, they don't fit as much, and they break all the damn time.

I warned one of our SETLs today so they could order as many opu bags as physically possible to prepare...

I mean, the checklane bags are just so hard to use for opu. They stick together, they don't stay open when you're filling them, they don't fit as much, and they break all the damn time.
I love sticking the item in the bag and watching as the item just slices through it like butter. Guess I'll double bag and/or get another.

You're too late. Other stores already panicked and ordered. Not only are OPU bags now on backorder, but checklane bags are as well.

What bags are you talking about? Pictures? Our checklanes bags and our opu bags have been the same for the last year.
I hope that means ya'll been using the regular Target logo bags for everything and not these then lol

(picture not my own, stolen from google)

how-target-drive-up-works-bags.jpg

Has anyone got the new grocery bags that are thicker, more like the OPU ones but shaped like the standard grocery bags? They have a different texture too. We have them still not as large as the OPU bags but if everyone gets the new ones it won't be as bad as you are thinking. I do like the OPU bags better since they just hold more are more of the larger items. But something to look out for.

Changes coming next week. ePick will show the TM name for pausedin progress carts. YAY!!!! Cart reset will be permanently be disabled. Da Fuq????? Nooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MPM and Greenfield reporting will be down for a bit to adjust for these changes.

Great we need to reset carts sometimes! We use it a lot to see what the ship alones are. We peek to see if we need someone who can a wave or crown or can anyone just pick them.

And at least they can call me by name when I pause a cart to take a piss. :rolleyes:

Cart reset will be permanently be disabled
I'm not too upset my team can't use the "reset cheat" anymore since some of them were pretty trigger happy with it. I get why it was useful, but one too many newbies got told how it works in my store and it's become a pain.

On the flip side; hope everyone has the CSC number saved incase something breaks/glitches that regular cart reset would've fixed. Now it'll be jump through 10 hoops, stay on hold for an hour, etcetc to get any cart issues addressed.

Ugh, no, I'll admit to resetting a lot when I start an OPU batch and another pops in right after I start the batch but haven't picked anything in it yet -- it feels silly to pick one batch of a single item and let a new order of one sit until I run back up to GS. And for the Ship Alones as mentioned previously. We also get a lot of oblivious TMs who will start a Standard cart when we're drowning in OPUs or Ship Alones left for the day and I'll get them to switch by resetting. Now they'll have to do those carts or let pick times just drop. This is aggravating.

Last edited:
Changes coming next week. ePick will show the TM name for pausedin progress carts. YAY!!!! Cart reset will be permanently be disabled. Da Fuq????? Nooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MPM and Greenfield reporting will be down for a bit to adjust for these changes.
Where can this info be found?

On that note

On that note: has anyone ever experienced unfireable TMs? The one I mentioned is late all the time, calls out all the time, has had late batches and usually high INFs yet they literally can't get fired because they're needed.
I'm not in Fulfillment but we definitely have a couple of Teflon TMs in my area. Terrible attendance and some performance issues, and yet they're still here and getting good hours. I given up wondering why.

We seem to have too many people right now. We got an influx in hours all of a sudden and with our inventory a couple of days ago we had no ship. Our Gm ETL is out right now and the HR ETL keeps putting fucking cashiers who have zero sales floor experience and can't even find backroom locations in OPU. One decided to pick a SFS cart, INF'd half of it and left it in the grocery stock room...

For the Fulfillment TLs out there, how do you help improve INF. We have had a hard time getting below 8% in OPU. SFS has been around 8 or 9%. I know I can coach the team but 80 to 90 percent of my team have red INF for OPU. Our Freight is pretty current, only a few vehicles role daily. The salesfloor is a wreck and the only audits done are the guided audits. Any ideas are welcomed. Thanks.

Back