I’m not a big fan of the changes made to the prep function, also for those of you who don’t know yet - they’re implementing a sort feature into the pack so you don’t have to switch back and forth between the two

On one hand I'm bot upset cause ut will save lots of prep time, but on the other hand they are gonna get a lot more complaints cause I know everyone is just going to cram and toss the clothes in the mailers. Plus I can see people not prepping clothes for mixed shipments since they won't understand why it wants some preppef and others not.
If we get more complaints then I guess it might need to change. Personally, I'm just stoked for a huge reduction in plastic use.

I am worried about that last part though. I feel like prep has always been a place where your intuition goes a long way (on the other hand, I stopped ordering anything breakable because it always often arrived broken so...)

Last edited:
I’m not a big fan of the changes made to the prep function, also for those of you who don’t know yet - they’re implementing a sort feature into the pack so you don’t have to switch back and forth between the two
How will that work? and was there a communication or something on it?

How will that work? and was there a communication or something on it?
(I'm one of the Pack & Ship engineers)

I don't think we put out a comm but I'm not 100% sure. I'm pretty certain there will be an in-app comm once you get it though. We've been going really slowly with it to work out the kinks.

Anyway the way it works is that as soon as you scan the shipping label, it kicks you into Sort with that one already pre-scanned. Once you sort it, you're kicked back to Pack and see the next container on the cart. You can enable and disable this yourself, too. So if it doesn't work for your store's workflow, then you don't need to use it.

I don't think we put out a comm but I'm not 100% sure. I'm pretty certain there will be an in-app comm once you get it though. We've been going really slowly with it to work out the kinks.

Anyway the way it works is that as soon as you scan the shipping label, it kicks you into Sort with that one already pre-scanned. Once you sort it, you're kicked back to Pack and see the next container on the cart. You can enable and disable this yourself, too. So if it doesn't work for your store's workflow, then you don't need to use it.
It definitely sounds like an interesting feature. There isn’t communication in myday yet on the sort function, I just had the information emailed to me.

That sounds inefficient for stores that have an actual line, unless we give each pack station a pallet label to scan to. I'd definitely turn it off if given the opportunity
The prep screen legit says "remove hangers" when a book is scanned, though, is what I mean.
oh lol yea. that's probably just a limitation in their programming. may not be able to say to put it in bag without the hanger bit; all or nothing thing

Has anyone fully transitioned into the regular bags for OPU? My store has a decent amount of peg hook holding spaces and there’s concern that bags will break easily. How are other stores handling this issue ?

Has anyone fully transitioned into the regular bags for OPU? My store has a decent amount of peg hook holding spaces and there’s concern that bags will break easily. How are other stores handling this issue ?
Why in the world do you have peg hook holding spaces?

Anyone know when the ePick update with names on carts and removal of cart reset rolls out for more stores? I'd love to see it ASAP at my store so I can stop yelling "WHO'S IN SHPAB" 4 times before getting a response
The reset piece is done at my store, but not the name piece. We've been using personalized cards with each TMs initials as part of the code for OPUs and a sign out page for SFS to reduce my whining on the walkie. Both of those ideas came from this thread.

Handle would imply we were informed that it was a thing. Bags just stopped showing up and our new TL didn't bother to tell us we just ran out and had to steal bags from the checklanes. But read on.

There are two types of white store bags, the thin ones that are standard for the check lanes and then there is a thicker bag, looks same but when you touch it you know the difference. Take a walk down the check lanes and see if you have any. We straight up stole half a pallet of the new bags and have been using those they are supposed to be more recycle/reuse friendly. I also swear they are tad bit bigger than the thin ones.

Why in the world do you have peg hook holding spaces?
I have no idea lol. The only thing I can think of is that it was what we originally had in place before we added extra space with tall metro rack holding spaces. We are due for a OPU remodel this year too which also might be why we still have them, our holding room is fairly small and I don’t think there would be space to walk through if we put in shelving

Though it is hilarious to hear leadership call who has the BJ cart for 20min straight..
I just want it because I just got the Fulfillment TL position like last week and it would make my life so much easier lol.. would make it easy to see who isn’t in a cart so I can figure out why not.. for example are they on meal/break or something else

I just want it because I just got the Fulfillment TL position like last week and it would make my life so much easier lol.. would make it easy to see who isn’t in a cart so I can figure out why not.. for example are they on meal/break or something else
Alright I don’t know much about fulfillment however I think I got a solution. Each device has it own number 1,2,3 etc. Now obviously the tag has to be like SHP then 2 letters. What if you made a tag for each device.
For the first letter it would be A if the device number starts with 0. A=1-9 B=10-19 C=20-29 D=30-39 E=40-49 F=50-59 G=60-69 H=70-79 I=80-89 J=90-99 K=100-109 L=110-119 M=120-129 N=130-139 O=140-149 P=150-159
So for the first number of the device
A=0
B=1
C=2
Etc

Then the second letter
A=0
B=1
C=2
D=3
E=4
F=6
G=7
H=8
I=9

This looks complicated but watch. If your looking for cart SHPGD that means the persons device number is 63 and then if you go to myhelp and device status and see who is signed into device 63. You would make a tag for each device. Clip and everything and then if you may do fulfillment you would grab your clip and attach it to your mydevice holder and use it if you do fulfillment. You would keep each tag right by the mydevice and you could just slip it under where that mydevice charges once your done. Anybody get what I mean?

Back