Anyone know why so many soft line items aren’t rfid, is rfid going away?
It's a glitch that happens a lot. For a block of time a ton of clothing will lose rfid capability until target notices and corrects it. It's a pain, but it should be fixed eventually.

Still having stuff with 0 on hand drop into ship/OPU. My ticket is stuck with tier 2. Our INF is getting thrashed because of this. Also, I think I might start scanning out the pallets at 4:30 whether they've been picked up or not. My team forgot to scan out the pallets yesterday when UPS said he'd come back for the rest later and it ruined our ship on time.

Also, I think I might start scanning out the pallets at 4:30 whether they've been picked up or not. My team forgot to scan out the pallets yesterday when UPS said he'd come back for the rest later and it ruined our ship on time.
If you use the report carrier issue between 4:30 and 6:30 any unscanned pallets will not count against you as long as you report it with the proper carrier(s). We have to do this almost daily with Fedex since they do pickups at 2 and also we had the issue where stuff due for tomorrow was still showing that it needed to be shipped today but I think they fixed that issue if I recall correctly.

Anyone else having trouble with the new set batch sizes in opu? Like, it takes away all of the flexibility that made opu a well-run process and forces late carts when we have low staff and/or slow newbies.

It used to be "grab this 25 piece cart at 40min and oh these two small carts are both at 50min that's doable together". Now if I have one cart at 40min and another at like 50min and all 3 of my opu people are already in full carts we risk being late or getting really behind.
Or, when we're each inevitably left with only 15-20min at the end of a shift there's no more picking up a small cart real quick...it's just "oh well, don't have the time, let it burn I guess".

It's nonsensical. We've been hovering on 80-95% picked on time all week and we've never had issues being on time before this change.

Anyone else having trouble with the new set batch sizes in opu? Like, it takes away all of the flexibility that made opu a well-run process and forces late carts when we have low staff and/or slow newbies.

It used to be "grab this 25 piece cart at 40min and oh these two small carts are both at 50min that's doable together". Now if I have one cart at 40min and another at like 50min and all 3 of my opu people are already in full carts we risk being late or getting really behind.
Or, when we're each inevitably left with only 15-20min at the end of a shift there's no more picking up a small cart real quick...it's just "oh well, don't have the time, let it burn I guess".

It's nonsensical. We've been hovering on 80-95% picked on time all week and we've never had issues being on time before this change.
We are. For OPU's we've been pulled from the sales floor more often than ever because the times are getting too low for fulfillment to keep up. So, now, instead of just having to help out with 1-2 SFS carts, we have to be on OPU half the shift. However, by the time they call us over to it it's usually too late and we're all going over on times. Our store numbers used to be great also. IDK why Target likes to tank it's stores on purpose but here we are.

Our store numbers used to be great also. IDK why Target likes to tank it's stores on purpose but here we are.
Spot wants to squeeze every drop of productivity out of it’s workforce, so when expectations are met consistently, corporate raises them again. They are truly in a race to the bottom to see if it’s possible to do everything with nothing.

Spot wants to squeeze every drop of productivity out of it’s workforce, so when expectations are met consistently, corporate raises them again. They are truly in a race to the bottom to see if it’s possible to do everything with nothing.
Yes, agreed. Every time we get a new thing in opu that helps productivity (increased goal times, smaller batch sizes) they see how good the numbers are and then yank the most helpful stuff away to "improve productivity".
Which is shorthand for "this person behind a desk wants a big bonus this year so proposed this change and pitched it to other desk-sitters as the best thing since sliced bread".

Rinse and repeat like twice a year and they make more money while giving us more stress.

They need to give us at least 2 hours for OPUs....these new batches suck!! All day I had to run around like a chicken with it's head cut off. Every batch I went in, had about 30 minutes with 35+ items. Doesn't give me much time to dig shit out of the backroom to keep INFs down.

They need to give us at least 2 hours for OPUs....these new batches suck!! All day I had to run around like a chicken with it's head cut off. Every batch I went in, had about 30 minutes with 35+ items. Doesn't give me much time to dig shit out of the backroom to keep INFs down.
Agreed. With these new batches you either get super lucky (25 items done in 15min, maybe only 1 inf) or you get burned and go late by 2-5min and have 3+ infs. There is no inbetween. Only chaos.

If we went back to like 2-3 hours I'd be so happy. Because, here's the thing. We never took the full 3 hours! It gave us the time to be flexible and smart and find stuff. Then, smaller batches when they switched to 1.5 hours helped a ton.
Now we have...this...

I was grabbing 20/30 minute carts all day. 40% more steps than my usual days. hated not having time to thoroughly look for something. INF was rough today
yeah it got so bad I was doing 60% more steps a day, ended up with shin splints because of it
I've heard a few people have been doing double steps and it's still not fast enough

Our leaders don't seem to grasp how much of a time-suck these changes are. Our batches tend to sit for 30 minutes with <14, hit and then BOOM, instantly there's 50 with 40 remaining in each batch. But they flip when someone isn't in a SFS cart, so these batches drop in when everyone has a brand-new SFS cart to pick and nobody's available to do OPUs, or the OPU person is struggling in a different batch (and probably needs a break or lunch). We're told to just INF things because we're going to hit time/they need us back in SFS and they're annoyed we're bothering them with INFs. An hour later, we're getting yelled at for INFs being too high. (Did I mention we're in remodel and behind in Style push?) I used to think the leaders had some respect for me as a hard worker (not the greatest times, but I try hard and, oh yeah, I SHOW UP UNLIKE EVERYONE ELSE CALLING OFF AT LEAST ONCE A WEEK), but after this week, I think they hate me and really think I'm a failure. If I wasn't so physically and mentally exhausted I would up my job search game.

Saw on Reddit there was a big glitch tonight. Lots of high-dollar items priced as $14.99 online. HQ apparently cancelled all the orders. I'm not sure what I dread more when I go in tomorrow morning: Option A: Hey, you have a massive amount of kitchen returns to put back; or Option B: Hey, there was a glitch that had fulillment pick practically all your applicances, but don't worry we got them all put back for you. What's that? Uh, no we didn't make sure they were put back in the right place with the correct capacities and merch protection.

Saw on Reddit there was a big glitch tonight. Lots of high-dollar items priced as $14.99 online. HQ apparently cancelled all the orders. I'm not sure what I dread more when I go in tomorrow morning: Option A: Hey, you have a massive amount of kitchen returns to put back; or Option B: Hey, there was a glitch that had fulillment pick practically all your applicances, but don't worry we got them all put back for you. What's that? Uh, no we didn't make sure they were put back in the right place with the correct capacities and merch protection.
People are not happy

8191F9E3-FA3A-48A1-BD3F-5CBEFDC6D001.jpeg

Man, I remember the big luggage glitch about 2 and a half years ago. For those who weren't around then: briefly Target.com showed all luggage for ridiculously low prices. We were out of stock in a matter of minutes. It was a shitshow for everybody. OPU is soooooo much more popular now. RIP Guest Services.

Also. no, Target will not have to honor the price.

We were at 99.13% pick on time for the month last I saw. Usually at 100%, but still fine more or less. That said, we also tend to prioritize Fulfillment over basically anything else. I get pulled from the front end to help fulfillment any time they need help, and I got called in to work a 8 hour overtime shift this week for fulfillment as well.

I felt so bad for fulfillment tonight. They had no idea. They were clean and then suddenly a massive drop, all high dollar stuff and suddenly they were behind the 8-ball.

Their last few batches our closing TL told them to just type DPCI's. They pretended to pick items. I then typed the DPCI's in again when they went RTS.

I’m just laughing at how the Karen stereotypes aren’t exaggerated at all. I mean “fraud” and “breach of contract”? Lol give me a break
Their 2 cent lawyer words aren't going to get them shit this time. Maybe a $5 gift card. 🙃 Honestly, they should be ashamed. Definitely try to get the item. Why not? But when it's cancelled, put on your big kid pants and deal with it as an adult should. You tried, it didn't happen. Oh, well. Sometimes we need to fight back against actual injustices, but this ain't it, Susan. Your day could've been much worse.

People trying to take advantage of a glitch then get all butt-hurt when it doesn't go thru.
Sorry - so NOT sorry.
I’m sure if they accidentally added an extra zero on a Venmo transaction, they’d have no problem honoring that payment. I mean it’s a contract once it’s sent, right? ;)

Back