Archived FOCUS CARD

Status
Not open for further replies.
With all the new changes happening, and so many new faces in my store as far as ETLS, TLs, And HR, that come from different stores to fill our positions that we've had to fill, you'd think SOMEONE would have been trained how to set up the new focus pay card that just rolled out. I asked my gm etl who didnt know anything, so then i asked the specialty etl that used to be HR ETL, she directed me to the new Etlhr, who directed me to the hrtl. Finally I was given the unopened envelope with all the info and was told just go online or call to activate it. After failing 4 or 5 times online I finally called and the lady on the line that works for us bank told me the employer has to assign the card to me before I can do anything with it. I asked the best way to explain to my employer what they needed to do and she recommended I go higher up in the chain, since we currently dont have a store director that means to ask corporate to do it .... uhg.

To get changed over to the new paycard follow these steps: Get a packet from HR. It has card info as well as your new card. Sign into Workday and change your pay preference from the old card to the new one. You need a routing number and account number which is listed on the page with your attached card. WAIT 24 hours before trying to activate your card online. It takes time for the US Bank system to update you into their system. I could not get the activation to work, so I called US Bank and Corporate HR and they both confirmed this. Would have been really nice for this information to be on the letter we received from Target.

It's the new focus bank card target uses for people without bank accounts to get direct deposit

I only have a small percentage of my pay go on my pay card. Like a forced savings account. We use it for small getaways or at Christmas. Or an emergency fund. 90% of my check is direct deposited, the rest on pay card. It's not much, but if I am good and don't touch it, it can slowly add up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back