Archived Frustrated: A guest’s perspective

Status
Not open for further replies.
Extremely frustrating. I work in my store's Dairy and Frozen department and it's awful having to fight for space or having to block people from getting through with carts. All we can do is park our vehicles in the middle of the aisle and do our jobs.

I would much rather push truck to floor over night, keep filling throughout the day with autofills, man cafs, EXF, and POG pulls. Our FDC truck in my store doesn't get my store until 9:30am usually... and being as grossly under-staffed as we have been, we haven't been getting freight done well until 3pm because my entire team starts at 4am and leaves at 12:30am and has to take all of their breaks still. Usually it's just me left with two pallets to continue working on.

To see those vehicles being left unattended is wrong, I would get talked to about that at my store. It's a security issue, a safety issue, and then the issue of a Target TM not being around, etc... not actual OSHA-standard issues but in America it's grounds for anything to happen.
Grounds for a lawsuit

Target's purpose was to have more guest facing this is why our process was changed. Our smiling faces are what separate us from Amazon. 🙂
Well, the smiling face from Amazon ☺comes on the box/bag and that's all I need to see and I know I am always getting a good deal and don't have to look at my receipt to make sure all my coupons got deducted. Another time consuming process at Target.

I appreciate everyone’s feedback/suggestions and will definitely keep you all posted with any updates depending on which path I decide to pursue. Contacting my local news stations is probably pretty unlikely but I might try the letter/email to corporate leadership approach. At any rate, it’s been good to get your perspectives. I didn’t really expect this post to get so much attention!

P.S. Despite the theories floating around, I am indeed just a regular ol shopper who would rather not be driven to start shopping at Walmart.

I haven't read through all the posts, but if this truly is a guest...please voice your concerns to corporate. Make your voice heard with your wallet. If you don't like it, dont shop at target. And I mean that in a positive manner. Nothing is going to change until it effects profits enough.

I think it's interesting that TargetScanMan exits, GuestGuy05 emerges. On the same day. Just sayin'.
Hahaha, I thought the same thing. At first when I read their name I read it as "TargetScamMan!" My bad! 😂😂😂

I haven't read through all the posts, but if this truly is a guest...please voice your concerns to corporate. Make your voice heard with your wallet. If you don't like it, dont shop at target. And I mean that in a positive manner. Nothing is going to change until it effects profits enough.
That's what I do. The more crap I get from my lead and leader, the less I shop at Target and take my wallet to Walmart or Amazon. Unless I come across something dirt cheap, then I buy it because it benefits my wallet.

Hahaha, I thought the same thing. At first when I read their name I read it as "TargetScamMan!" My bad! 😂😂😂
That's what I read it too. SCAM MAN. Then I looked at it again to find it states SCAN. But either way, what a coincidence with one exiting and the other joining as a guest on an employee site. Just incredible. Well, whoever you are I just hope you will help us win the battle. Everyday when I show up for work, I feel like I'm dying. It just drains the soul and what is left is not what I want to be but I am. Like something else is posessing you. Working here, was great years ago but this year, in particular the last few months have been grossly terrible that it feels worse than being in an abusive relationship. With an abusive relationship, you can run and get help at least. But here, you can't go to any leader anymore. They all are like talking to the wall. Then they retaliate against you in any shape or form, especially mentally/emotionally abusing you in the mind so you are damaged internally and not only that, but even when you do have physical pain they don't care. How many of us got corpal tunnel syndrome, plantar facitis, back pain, joint stiffness and being under 30 years of age? Enough abuse. Worse than being in the army by that I mean in civil standards where you are treating your workers harshly so how do you expect them to work with a smile on their face or even repect you as a leader? When you don't even say "thank you" when they take care of something you ask them or go above and beyond? True it is their job but little words like that go a long way and motivate workers if you really want to drive good results. Too many slackers are allowed to get promoted in this company and the hard workers are turned into slaves and keep getting pushed to their boiling point so that way they lose their mind and say something that gets them in trouble even though it is nothing bad, it's truth and nothing derogatory.

That's what I read it too. SCAM MAN. Then I looked at it again to find it states SCAN. But either way, what a coincidence with one exiting and the other joining as a guest on an employee site. Just incredible. Well, whoever you are I just hope you will help us win the battle. Everyday when I show up for work, I feel like I'm dying. It just drains the soul and what is left is not what I want to be but I am. Like something else is posessing you. Working here, was great years ago but this year, in particular the last few months have been grossly terrible that it feels worse than being in an abusive relationship. With an abusive relationship, you can run and get help at least. But here, you can't go to any leader anymore. They all are like talking to the wall. Then they retaliate against you in any shape or form, especially mentally/emotionally abusing you in the mind so you are damaged internally and not only that, but even when you do have physical pain they don't care. How many of us got corpal tunnel syndrome, plantar facitis, back pain, joint stiffness and being under 30 years of age? Enough abuse. Worse than being in the army by that I mean in civil standards where you are treating your workers harshly so how do you expect them to work with a smile on their face or even repect you as a leader? When you don't even say "thank you" when they take care of something you ask them or go above and beyond? True it is their job but little words like that go a long way and motivate workers if you really want to drive good results. Too many slackers are allowed to get promoted in this company and the hard workers are turned into slaves and keep getting pushed to their boiling point so that way they lose their mind and say something that gets them in trouble even though it is nothing bad, it's truth and nothing derogatory.
OMG! AMEN! If I could like your post a trillion times I would! You are not alone! A small band of us feel exactly the same way. I like my job just not the toxic environment I walk into everyday.

Last edited:
Exactly! Why would s guest care? Don't like it, let your $$ do the talking and shop elsewhere.

And why is a guest lurking in an employee forum? Too much time in their hands? Competitor? Corporate? It's wierd.

I found out about this place from a guest at my store. An actual, physical, human being in meatspace and everything.

the hard workers are turned into slaves and keep getting pushed to their boiling point so that way they lose their mind and say something that gets them in trouble even though it is nothing bad, it's truth and nothing derogatory.

You hit the nail right on the head. I said something to another TM...guest heard and didn't like what she heard......I'm fired less than 24 hours later.

Skipping most of the posts in this thread to just give my thoughts: This shit is ridiculous and if there is not a Tm near those vehicles you took pics of then it is not what we should be doing. They should be in the aisle with the TM unless they got pulled away to help a guest or went to back up the cashiers. I sincerely understand how you do not like how things have changed. If you don't mind please fill out a comment card (not insulting a particular person but the process) and maybe even ask for the manager (LOD: Leader On Duty) make it known so we can fix our process according to how guests want it. I honestly don't like our new process but I want to do it how the guest wants it since they are the ones putting money into the stockholders which puts money into my paycheck and keeps me employed at a reasonably decent company. So please if you have feedback tell the manager and fill our a guest survey in-store. It won't do much though so maybe calling guest service hotline maybe better but I have zero knowledge of how integral or integrative the guest service hotline is. They could roll their eyes at your concerns and ignore them for all I know. Best of luck and honestly thank you for being a guest at Target. I need to get into guest services if it gives 40 hours which usually at my store is not a thing. Ugh

Skipping most of the posts in this thread to just give my thoughts: This shit is ridiculous and if there is not a Tm near those vehicles you took pics of then it is not what we should be doing. They should be in the aisle with the TM unless they got pulled away to help a guest or went to back up the cashiers. I sincerely understand how you do not like how things have changed. If you don't mind please fill out a comment card (not insulting a particular person but the process) and maybe even ask for the manager (LOD: Leader On Duty) make it known so we can fix our process according to how guests want it. I honestly don't like our new process but I want to do it how the guest wants it since they are the ones putting money into the stockholders which puts money into my paycheck and keeps me employed at a reasonably decent company. So please if you have feedback tell the manager and fill our a guest survey in-store. It won't do much though so maybe calling guest service hotline maybe better but I have zero knowledge of how integral or integrative the guest service hotline is. They could roll their eyes at your concerns and ignore them for all I know. Best of luck and honestly thank you for being a guest at Target. I need to get into guest services if it gives 40 hours which usually at my store is not a thing. Ugh
Most of our comment cards sit in a pile at GS and doubt they get looked at. Most of our LOD’s are frustrated with the process.

I would like to know when these photos were taken. They seem to be plano/flow push.

That brings up the other issue...Plano coming in later so we are on the floor, setting aisles, until 2pm sometimes. We tear up aisles keeping them unshoppable and it is frustrating for us and guests. Those 4 hours we used to get before the store opened were so productive!! Now we get 2 uninterrupted hours and it isn't enough. I apologize so much these days. I want to get a shirt with I'm Sorry! on the back so I can stop talking about it!! ;)

You hit the nail right on the head. I said something to another TM...guest heard and didn't like what she heard......I'm fired less than 24 hours later.
WTF? That's why I keepin my mouth shut. And I have an idea who that TM was who heard me. Fucking two faced bitch. Toxic AF

Man, that store looks lovely compared to mine! We have u-boats everywhere and they aren't nearly as neat. But the same problems occur. Guests can't shop for things because we're always blocking their way. It's a frustrating experience for all parties involved and I wish people would get on Twitter and drag Target for this. The shopping experience is an utter joke.

My store use to be so clean. 80% of the stuff was pushed by 8 AM. Now that's when we finish the damn truck lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back