Archived Funny Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to hear people tell me the dumbest question they have ever been asked by a guest. I have a lot. Here's one of my favorites.

Phone Call on 2280 for sporting goods

me "Thank you for calling target, can I help you find something?"
guest "Hi, do you guys have any little red wagons?"
me "Yes mam, we carry 3. We have one called a pathfinder, etc. etc. "
guest "What color are they?"

Can I buy a large drink but, don't give me the cup! I wanna divide it into 3 smaller ones. Can I do that?

oh and I need several bags, different sizes, gonna put new ones in the trash cans at home. I know I just bought gum, whats the problem?

I was accused of putting the wrong information on Target.com. The guest bought a Graco convertible car seat from on line that stated the rear-facing weight limit was 40 lbs. She then went onto WalMart.com and found the same crib, except that crib was called a 3-in-1 (my first mistake, apparently), and the rear-facing weight limit was 50 lbs. She called the service desk and demanded I change the information on the website to make it correct. She couldn't seem to understand that different car seats have different weight limits (as stated by their manufacturer) and I had no influence on what was put up on line. I tried telling her that she should call her local police station because the information they give her will be what she should follow. Before my phone "accidentally" disconnected, I heard, "Well, then, just transfer me to your computer tech guy." LOL

Guest walks in: "Do you have any tube tv's? I don't want to buy any of those flat screens"

How about the classic "Are you open?" when my light is on and I'm standing behind the register waiting for them to unload their cart. Or when my light is off and I'm walking away from the register but they still ask me if I'm open.

Guest walks up last night. "Do you have replica Oscars?"..."No, sorry",

"Okay, do you have puzzle glue?"..."Sure they are on the backwall of toys near the games with the puzzles"...

"One more thing do you have Orca themed items"..."Uh...we might have....orca puzzles??"

Now that it's all typed out it doesn't sound SO bad, it was just a very strange exchange.

Ok, here's my next one, another one of my favorites.
Guest was in toys looking at leap frog items (been about 3 or 4 years so I can't remember exactly what the items were). I say "can I help you find something?" She says, and I quote, "Yeah, I know that this one says it's for ages 4-8 and this one says 6-10, but is this one (6-10) more advanced???

How do you respond to that. I apparently did not respond the right way because her next statement was "Well you don't have to be a jerk about it!"

DUMBFOUNDING

Usually with furniture or gazebos: "Will this fit in my car?"

It's your freakin' car, ain't it?

"That must mean it's free, right?" :angry:

"What's the difference between DVD and Blu-ray?" Now this might be a fair question if the one TV wasn't playing the Blu-ray information clip 24/7.

Usually with furniture or gazebos: "Will this fit in my car?"

The first yr we sold those gazebos (packed in a 10' ong box), we had sooooooooooooooooo many in the hold area because folks didn't bother to measure their car so they'd have to call a friend with a larger vehicle.
If I'd owned a truck, I could've made good bucks running hotshot deliveries that day.

Definitely get the "do you work here?" a lot... even after I've said "cihyfs?" No... I just asked you that out of the goodness of my heart... o.0 Get the "will it fit in my car?" in response to TV's. Market doesn't get too many dumb questions, though I do get really tired of explaining that we don't have the room to carry every product in a specific brand.

"That must mean it's free, right?" :angry:

HAHAHA And they always think they are the first person to tell me that .. :sarcastic3:

On the phone with a guest:
"I saw this bath caddy thing in there the other day, it was purple. Do you still have it?"
"Where did you happen to see it? Do you know what brand it is?"
"No .... but it was somewhere."

Really?

How do you respond to that. I apparently did not respond the right way because her next statement was "Well you don't have to be a jerk about it!"

DUMBFOUNDING

I liked the guy 2 weeks before Christmas at 5 in the afternoon:
CIHYFS
"Do you have any leappads?"
"Why did you laugh at me?"
explains that 5+ people wait outside every morning when we open
"Oh I didn't know they were popular"

At least he wasn't mad when I explained why I couldn't help laughing at his question.

"Can you tell me how much my deductible is?"
"No, I'm sorry ma'am, you'll have to call your insurance company"
"Well, don't you have access to their computers"
"No, they just tell us what to charge you"
"Yeah, through their computers...so you should be able to see what my deductible is"
"No, they send that information to us electronically"
"Well, then ask them what my deductible is electronically"
"I'm sorry, ma'am, I don't have that capability"
"Well, just send through a $5000 charge, and see what comes back"
"I'm sorry ma'am, I can't do that, that's insurance fraud"
"Well, I won't tell if you won't"
:facepalm:

I liked the guy 2 weeks before Christmas at 5 in the afternoon:
CIHYFS
"Do you have any leappads?"
"Why did you laugh at me?"
explains that 5+ people wait outside every morning when we open
"Oh I didn't know they were popular"

At least he wasn't mad when I explained why I couldn't help laughing at his question.

And I gave TWO of them away last year!!! If I had known they were THAT popular, I could've made some SERIOUS $$ on ebay!!!!

And I gave TWO of them away last year!!! If I had known they were THAT popular, I could've made some SERIOUS $$ on ebay!!!!

The funny thing is we had at least 20 on the shelf at all times until about 2 weeks before Thanksgiving, after that we couldn't keep them in stock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back