General Merchandise Team Leader break down.

Do i nee to do cashier for this even my math not the greatest and what about Climb up and down ladders what is this is this like for stockers who cant reach top part of the shelfs.
• Interpret instructions, reports and information
• Accurately handle cash register operations
• Climb up and down ladders
• Scan, handle and move merchandise efficiently and safely, including frequently lifting or moving merchandise up to 40 pounds
• Flexible work schedule (e.g., nights, weekends and holidays) and regular attendance necessary

Do i nee to do cashier for this even my math not the greatest and what about Climb up and down ladders what is this is this like for stockers who cant reach top part of the shelfs.
• Scan, handle and move merchandise efficiently and safely, including frequently lifting or moving merchandise up to 40 pounds
• Flexible work schedule (e.g., nights, weekends and holidays) and regular attendance necessary

You applying for team member position or team leader?

GM team members preferably needs to do everything mentioned above except for first bullet. Team lead should know everything a TM does plus reading reports to managing a team.

You applying for team member position or team leader?

GM team members preferably needs to do everything mentioned above except for first bullet. Team lead should know everything a TM does plus reading reports to managing a team.
Incorrect even as a tm you need to know how to interpret instructions and report. Since every dbo are in charge for their on accuracy in the backroom , all their ptms, clearance and so forth .

Yes everyone needs to be cashier trained. As for ladders keep 3 points contact at all times. Foe us shorter people there sre others you can call on walkie to help. This job is not worth getting injured for corporates stupidity.

Yes everyone needs to be cashier trained. As for ladders keep 3 points contact at all times. Foe us shorter people there sre others you can call on walkie to help. This job is not worth getting injured for corporates stupidity.
I’ll be the bitch team leader here saying if you can’t fulfill your core roles something as simple to use a ladder you would have no place in my team . Yes I can help you once or twice but I won’t everyone stop their task because you have the fear of injuring yourself by using the ladder

Incorrect even as a tm you need to know how to interpret instructions and report. Since every dbo are in charge for their on accuracy in the backroom , all their ptms, clearance and so forth .

Incorrect.

General Merch TM

We are an awesome place to work and care about our teams, so we want to make sure we are clear on a few more basics that we expect:

• Flexible work schedule (e.g., nights, weekends & holidays) and regular attendance necessary
Source: General Merchandise Expert Job Description - https://jobs.target.com/generalmerchandiseexpert

GM Team Leader

We are an awesome place to work and care about our teams, so we want to make sure we are clear on a few more basics that we expect:

Source: General Merchandise Team Leader at TARGET - https://jobs.target.com/job/oswego/general-merchandise-team-leader/1118/13731313

------------------------
Now if you want to be anal about it, I guess you can say every TM needs to know how to follow instructions and or read reports one way or another sure. But I believe it's saying more specific reports/information like how to read adjacency calender's/maps, monthly addendum, email instructions etc.

Incorrect.

General Merch TM

• Flexible work schedule (e.g., nights, weekends & holidays) and regular attendance necessary
Source: General Merchandise Expert Job Description - https://jobs.target.com/generalmerchandiseexpert

GM Team Leader

Source: General Merchandise Team Leader at TARGET - https://jobs.target.com/job/oswego/general-merchandise-team-leader/1118/13731313

------------------------
Now if you want to be anal about it, I guess you can say every TM needs to know how to follow instructions and or read reports one way or another sure. But I believe it's saying more specific reports/information like how to read adjacency calender's/maps, monthly addendum, email instructions etc.
Lol you’re funny 😚

I’ll be the bitch team leader here saying if you can’t fulfill your core roles something as simple to use a ladder you would have no place in my team . Yes I can help you once or twice but I won’t everyone stop their task because you have the fear of injuring yourself by using the ladder
Would this preclude those with disabilities that prevent them from using ladders from being on sales floor teams?

Interpreting instructions is generally required to live life on Earth, it's not something you need to learn to do to become a Team Leader. Quote the target website all you like, it won't change this.

Stop stacking shit so high up top that we can't fucking reach it safely.

About this ladder nonsense: protect yourself. If you have an inner ear issue (balance for those who failed 7th grade general science) if you have joint issues (not the ones WE referred to in the '60s) if you have a vision problem, if you have muscular problems with hands arms and wrists speak up and say so. Follow this dialog: addressing the team lead or ETL: John, (fill in the blank) I have a medical reason for my inability to perform these tasks safely. Explain but be brief. If they give you any dismissive shit simply say that you will address this issue with someone more important than you, and if need be I will contact OSHA, the EEOC, the local labor board etc. Finish the explanation, be brief, no profanity then walk out of the office. Captains orders.

Interpreting instructions is generally required to live life on Earth, it's not something you need to learn to do to become a Team Leader. Quote the target website all you like, it won't change this.

Yes, lets make every team member read their emails, monthly addendums, transition set notes, have them figure where to set their own sales planners and VMG, I'm sure they have time.

Yes, lets make every team member read their emails, monthly addendums, transition set notes, have them figure where to set their own sales planners and VMG, I'm sure they have time.
That's not the same as interpreting instructions. If your boss gives you instructions, interpreting them is part of following them.

I’ll be the bitch team leader here saying if you can’t fulfill your core roles something as simple to use a ladder you would have no place in my team .

How does one, alone, carry product down a ladder while maintaining 3 points of contact? Balance it on their head, put it in their mouth?
It's really either get help to bring things up/down or violate safety policies (and probably OSHA regulations?)

How does one, alone, carry product down a ladder while maintaining 3 points of contact? Balance it on their head, put it in their mouth?
It's really either get help to bring things up/down or violate safety policies (and probably OSHA regulations?)

This is what I wonder. I'm pretty sure I'm breaking some kind of OSHA rule carrying anything bigger than a shoebox up that ladder. I have to balance some shit on my head and "roll" it up the ladder steps to get it to the top bit sometimes too.

Ladders terrify me. The way I managed bulky items up and down that were light enough to be lifted a few inches one handed was put it on a step, walk a step. While clutching the ladder with all my panicked strength, or even looping my arm around the ladder, I'd move the item one step, and then let go of it and move myself with one step. I was slow as molasses, but I wasn't falling just so someone could have a box moved quickly.

Back