Archived Getting rid of Cafes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our cafe is slated to be taken out, and a new, larger guest services will take its place. Then we are supposed to get some self-checkout lanes where guest services was. We already have a Starbucks, and are unsure if we will lose the cafe completely or get a small express counter.

This is what I wish my store got instead of liquor. A lot of our guest complain about IGS and having to wait for people ringing up 300 dollars worth of merchandise when they have a quick order pickup

Last edited:
My store also has a remodel coming in a couple months. We have been told we are removing Food Ave and putting guest service in that space. Starbucks will sell popcorn and the soda fountain will move over there. We have one row of self checkouts, and they will be putting another row of SCO next to the others where guest service is now.

Your sbux will sell popcorn still??
Ours has the ice machine and I think a soda machine, but it just looks weird and out of place in the sbux (and the guests just ask about the popcorn anyway...)

I'm convinced a lot of orders go to the wrong store. I had a bunch of name tags come to my store for a store 1 number different than ours.

Half the names werent even at my store we don't have a "Tyquesha"
I have to agree with that. Also can the people on the forklifts quit backing into the stacks of cans. I am tired of getting a pack of 24 and defecting 12

You’re all getting the correct orders, they just aren’t sending everything because they might not have it.

If you’re ordering 8 cases of popcorn and only getting 6, there is probably an order cap on it or something like that. For soda, chicken tenders, etc - they might not have it at the DC to send to you, so you need to order it multiple times to get it.
If there is an order cap, then that info needs to be on the screen so we can mysupport why.

Honestly, with the new apps we know more about sales at our stores than anyone else, so realistically there shouldnt be caps on anything. If you order it, it should come unless it isn't in the DC.

Our cafe is slated to be taken out, and a new, larger guest services will take its place. Then we are supposed to get some self-checkout lanes where guest services was. We already have a Starbucks, and are unsure if we will lose the cafe completely or get a small express counter.
Our guest service is larger than our cafe and our sbux just got remodeled so the buzz for us is something different.

Your sbux will sell popcorn still??
Ours has the ice machine and I think a soda machine, but it just looks weird and out of place in the sbux (and the guests just ask about the popcorn anyway...)

That’s what the ETL-GE told me. It makes sense though, the only thing Food Ave sells that they don’t have to QMOS most of if popcorn and drinks.

That’s what the ETL-GE told me. It makes sense though, the only thing Food Ave sells that they don’t have to QMOS most of if popcorn and drinks.

While my store isn’t getting a full remodel this year, a low volume store about 5 miles away is getting theirs, and they’re dumping Food Ave for a large Starbucks. I went there tonight and asked one of the baristas. They said it will be a full service Starbucks, so probably no holdouts from Food Ave like popcorn. But they will have overpriced fresh salads!

So it’ll be interesting to see if all Targets keep some food ave stuff.

Went on Workbench and the most that would be kept is Popcorn (popped off stage and shoved into boxes!) and the Icee. If you get a beverage bar, you get a coke freestyle machine.

I believe by the end of 2018 there will no longer be any Target Cafe's. We loose a lot of money with Target Cafe's.... Lots of overhead costs and not a lot of profit. Starbucks, believe it or not is much more profitable across the board.

I believe by the end of 2018 there will no longer be any Target Cafe's. We loose a lot of money with Target Cafe's.... Lots of overhead costs and not a lot of profit. Starbucks, believe it or not is much more profitable across the board.
the PMT at my store swears they aren't getting rid of them all, says that some of the lowest end stores will keep the cafes. But that doesn't make sense to me as Target Corp would be sending out supplies to like...what, 50 stores out of 2k+?

the PMT at my store swears they aren't getting rid of them all, says that some of the lowest end stores will keep the cafes. But that doesn't make sense to me as Target Corp would be sending out supplies to like...what, 50 stores out of 2k+?

20180123_131330.jpg

My store has a sbux and a cafe currently. Word coming down from the grapevine says we're losing our cafe so we can turn our IGS into self-checkouts and cafe will become guest service. In addition to getting a general remodel. Yay?

Perhaps the person that complains on almost every survey that the popcorn makes us smell like a cheap carnival will shut up?

Last edited:
My store has a sbux and a cafe currently. Word coming down from the grapevine says we're losing our cafe so we can turn our IGS into self-checkouts and cafe will become guest service. In addition to getting a general remodel. Yay?

Yeah cafes are either turning into liquor, stockrooms, Starbucks for stores that don't have one and guest services for those that had an igs.

I know this thread is dead. I work at a Cafe in MN. It's still alive and well. It's actually been getting busier (the regulars that went to other Cafes have been migrating to ours). We have already received a remodel about a year ago. And just a few weeks ago, we received new food and new items to serve, along with a new hot case.

I think our Cafe will not transition to something else due to the money they poured into our remodel. However, I know we are a unique case since the city wouldn't give us a liquor license and they ran out of ideas for what to do with us.

Either way, working in our cafe is probably one of the most stressful things. We have little to no staff. Our direct ETL cares greatly for us. But the other ETLs don't give us the light of day. I've worked so hard to make this little cafe as successful as it could be. But between our Team Lead being shared with Starbucks, team members from other departments disrespecting cafe, and the evident lack of care the rest of the management shows to us, it makes it difficult to go to work. It sucks because I consider this department like my baby. And I couldn't imagine working outside of it. Honestly, what would make working here so much more manageable, is if people treated me like a person. Not like someone who works in the "dead" department. Not like someone whose got the plague... And, really, while our food is fresh, our department is clean, and our customers are dedicated, I feel what the downfall of our Cafe will be is the cafe team crumbling from neglect.

Someone coming by, not to purchase anything, but just to say hello. That's something that would make me smile for an entire day. And that never happens.

Shoot, I'd love to be back in my FA.

I would smile all day.

zCkmLsH.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back