Archived Going from Logistics Backroom to AP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

soL

I recently did my two interviews for an open TPS position at my store and was wondering if some of you more experienced TMs could tell me what I should expect. What are going to be the biggest differences I see in my daily routine?

Biggest differences?
  • no pulling cafs
  • no backstocking
  • you don't wear red and khaki
  • your title is different
  • you don't work in the back room as much
  • you have a different boss
  • teenagers will make fun of your uniform
  • laser and/or x-ray vision
  • you get a segway

You might wear blue & khaki.
No enough hours to do everything.
Trust no one.
No dating other tm's or upper mgt in your store.
Ck on workbench for ap core roles, they did change last year.

FYI I've heard SR. TPS (atleast for new people) is going away. I think the only difference between regular and senior TPS was the ability to make solo apprehensions.

From a liability issue I think Target is moving more towards prevention now than anything.

Also the uniform is changing to a polo and khaki. Our store was piloting the new uniform and core functions.

Our ETL-AP was telling me about the uniform changes and a bit about the new roles we would have. So basically if I do get the position, I would be focusing a lot more on operational errors that are made by cashiers, flow team with mispicks, and receiving errors right? Kind of crazy how our store's losses last year mostly came from operational errors.

The new AP role out wants you to focus on operational errors, however, most of those errors are done by people who know how to do their job and just make a mistake and you will not be there to baby them every time. I don't know who said that was the biggest cause of loss, and I'm not sure if it is or isn't, but I doubt it was. I take 30 minutes to an hour doing the new roll out stuff and then focus on external theft, because it happens all the time and without stats, no matter how much operational stuff you improve, you won't look good to the investigator/APBP because there is nothing in TCM.

What are going to be the biggest differences I see in my daily routine?

This is like asking what's the difference between the duties of a cop and construction worker; they can't be compared. Just ask what your new duties will be.

Anyway - congratulations! TPS should be fun and give you a new perspective on retail. It's good to move around work centers so you get better exposure to how a store functions.

Good Luck!

At least I can count on you to put the empty tub back in the aisle after you've counted the liquor. (Dysons if you don't sell liquor)

FYI I've heard SR. TPS (atleast for new people) is going away. I think the only difference between regular and senior TPS was the ability to make solo apprehensions.

From a liability issue I think Target is moving more towards prevention now than anything.

Also the uniform is changing to a polo and khaki. Our store was piloting the new uniform and core functions.
This is correct. No more Sr. TPS's will be hired. Current SR. TPS's will get to keep their job.

I recently did my two interviews for an open TPS position at my store and was wondering if some of you more experienced TMs could tell me what I should expect. What are going to be the biggest differences I see in my daily routine?
You will have a differnt "card" to complete each day along with your core roles. Instead of standing up front all day...you will be on the sales floor more helping guests and going for PMRs and looking for alert subjects.

You will have a differnt "card" to complete each day along with your core roles. Instead of standing up front all day...you will be on the sales floor more helping guests and going for PMRs and looking for alert subjects.

That actually sounds pretty good to me. I can't stand in the same spot for too long because I'll start getting major back-pain. I don't know how cashiers do it to be honest. I'd probably last an hour or two before just kind of falling over and passing away.

That actually sounds pretty good to me. I can't stand in the same spot for too long because I'll start getting major back-pain. I don't know how cashiers do it to be honest. I'd probably last an hour or two before just kind of falling over and passing away.
If you have back pain that is also something to tell the ETL-AP, you will be required to assist with apps. Struggling with a subject and putting on the cuffs might flare something up.

If you have back pain that is also something to tell the ETL-AP, you will be required to assist with apps. Struggling with a subject and putting on the cuffs might flare something up.

I wish I my store had more apps. Our ETL rarely wants to app and when I got offered sr TPS the dtl shot it down because they knew it was being cut a month or so later. So now all we get is pmrs and maybe an app every 2-3 months

I should be fine. I go to the gym and do deadlifts/squats/sprints etc. every day and I have zero back pain. It only manifests if I'm standing around doing nothing. That was never a problem in the backroom unless it was inventory day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back