Archived GSA interview tips & tricks

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am starting to question whether ETL-HR keyed me. She claims she did on Thursday, but it is now Monday and myTime still lists my job position as "Service Desk." The Work Number doesn't list a raise, either.

I am starting to question whether ETL-HR keyed me. She claims she did on Thursday, but it is now Monday and myTime still lists my job position as "Service Desk." The Work Number doesn't list a raise, either.

Do you have Supervisor access on the registers yet?

Takes 10 days for a job code change to go through if your etl-hr didnt not retro you in.

Takes 10 days for a job code change to go through if your etl-hr didnt not retro you in.

What do you mean "retro" me in? I did ask her about backpay and she said she hadn't done it yet. Is that what you're referring to?

How do you know it takes 10 days?

Last edited:
When she retro you in, that means your job code changed the first sunday of a pay period so if you are in week 2 of the pay period on a wednesday your supervisor numbers are automatically available if your still in week 1 then you have to wait till week 2 before you new job code is active

When she retro you in, that means your job code changed the first sunday of a pay period so if you are in week 2 of the pay period on a wednesday your supervisor numbers are automatically available if your still in week 1 then you have to wait till week 2 before you new job code is active

She did mention something about it going into effect "on Sunday," but that was last week on Thursday. This week is the second week of the pay period; this Saturday, pay period closes. So am I understanding correctly that it should be working by now, or do I have to wait until next Sunday?

They may be waiting for the background check, though they may have done that before they told you. HR put my numbers in immediately and when I was in with hr she retro'ed pay back a few months. I'm pretty sure it came through in the next check.

Good luck and congratulations with the position..Be strong!!!

She did mention something about it going into effect "on Sunday," but that was last week on Thursday. This week is the second week of the pay period; this Saturday, pay period closes. So am I understanding correctly that it should be working by now, or do I have to wait until next Sunday?

It should by tomorrow or wednesday that should be 9 to 10 days. Mines took 9 days to be able to use supervisor numbers after being retro. Also like pink said get your back pay trust us it aint much but its your hard earned money and good luck i hope to hear you made tl soon.

And if she didn't retro me in, I would have to wait until next week?

They may be waiting for the background check, though they may have done that before they told you. HR put my numbers in immediately and when I was in with hr she retro'ed pay back a few months. I'm pretty sure it came through in the next check.

Good luck and congratulations with the position..Be strong!!!

Background check? For what really isn't a promotion? Just a paygrade increase? Also, they can't run s background check without your knowledge and permission.

Though I'm off today, I feel tempted to go in the store and check my status on eHR. Maybe, just maybe, my jobcode will have finally updated.

And yeah, I don't think they're going to be running a background check @PinkZinnia for a simple job change. I'm not a new hire.

My guess is finalized Tuesday. HROC does their thing Monday, finalizef Tuesday.

My guess is finalized Tuesday. HROC does their thing Monday, finalizef Tuesday.

This is so conflicting from what @signing genie is saying. You say it's X days from when ETL-HR keys it, s.g. says it's 10 days from start of pay period.

But either way, those mean today or tomorrow is when I'll have my #s. :shrug:

Background check? For what really isn't a promotion? Just a paygrade increase? Also, they can't run s background check without your knowledge and permission.
I signed papers for a background check. I was asked if I was ever convicted of a felony. Maybe it has to do with cash office? Maybe it's because of supervisor numbers? Maybe it is state laws?

I signed papers for a background check. I was asked if I was ever convicted of a felony. Maybe it has to do with cash office? Maybe it's because of supervisor numbers? Maybe it is state laws?

Odd, I didn't sign anything. I was just informed by the ETL that I had been keyed, and that was that. Looks like I'm just waiting for HROC to finalize things.

Though I'm off today, I feel tempted to go in the store and check my status on eHR. Maybe, just maybe, my jobcode will have finally updated.

And yeah, I don't think they're going to be running a background check @PinkZinnia for a simple job change. I'm not a new hire.
supervisor access isn't a hr thing. its a pos thing. any supervisor logs in. k4, then team member status. enter team member number, hit enter, then enter supervisor access. hit k8 done. they don't differentiate between hr/gsa/stl. pos just wants a supervisor access.

And if she didn't retro me in, I would have to wait until next week?
Yes
This is so conflicting from what @signing genie is saying. You say it's X days from when ETL-HR keys it, s.g. says it's 10 days from start of pay period.

But either way, those mean today or tomorrow is when I'll have my #s. :shrug:

Its 10 days from the date you are added but if she retro you 10 days from the first sunday of the pay period so it should be today or tomorrow. Its what hr and etl hr explained to me

Looks like it's keyed. Although eHR still says Service Desk, Workbench lists jobcode as GSA and it also gives me an e-mail address. And I have access to IPOS.

Thx guys. :)

supervisor access isn't a hr thing. its a pos thing. any supervisor logs in. k4, then team member status. enter team member number, hit enter, then enter supervisor access. hit k8 done. they don't differentiate between hr/gsa/stl. pos just wants a supervisor access.

True, but @Flabbergasted can't be given Supervisor access until the system recognizes him as a GSA (meaning HR has changed his job code).

How has GSA been going for you @Flabbergasted? I just got promoted not to long ago and I start this week! I've been trained before in my old store and had experience so they gave it to me after one interview. They've been scheduling me for the past month every now and then as GSA. Should I ask about back pay as well?

How has GSA been going for you @Flabbergasted? I just got promoted not to long ago and I start this week! I've been trained before in my old store and had experience so they gave it to me after one interview. They've been scheduling me for the past month every now and then as GSA. Should I ask about back pay as well?
Yes, you should ask.

I was asked nothing of the sort. RG isn't CO trained, but I am, so doubt it's for CO, might be a state thing, or even something your district, group, or store always does for some reason however.

Then again I didn't interview, or get trained at another store either (not saying you were, but the poster above mentioned out of store training), so seems to largely be a case of ASANTS.

Last edited:

Yes, they should backpay you every red cent. I got $60 backpay on my check. Sure it isn't much but that's $60 Spot would have kept for themselves had I not spoken up about it.

Good luck on the position! I'm already questioning my sanity and I've only just begun. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back