Archived GSA requirements

Status
Not open for further replies.

huh

I was made a GSA just recently. I'd worked in Softlines before - since my store opened four years ago. There have been a lot of complaints that I shouldn't be a GSA. There are two main complaints:

1 I travel a lot with my family - I travel and work with my family's business every year from October through December, so I'm never there for Christmas or Black Friday
2 I don't have a GED or a diploma. I'm 27, and haven't finished my home school yet. I keep meaning to, but I work a lot for Target and my family, so I never really got around to it.

My sister is a HLTL, and people complain that she got me the job, even though it was the softlines ETL who asked me if I wanted it.

Is there a rule that says I can't be a GSA if I don't have a diploma or a GED?

Do you have two legs? No, wait, that's not a requirement.
Do you have two arms? No, wait, not a requirement either.
Do you have a brain? Nope, still not a requirement.

Do you have the ability to hear sound waves in the form of speech? Great, you're a fully qualified GSA!

Congrats!

Walking upright & breathing being other requirements....

It sounds like you guys think they made me a gsa because I'm stupid.

There are no real requirements for the GSA position. But, depending on your store, you might have some troubles as the Holidays get closer. A full staff of GSAs/GSTLs are crucial for the front lanes during the holidays.

as a GSTL i would be mad if they allowed someone to be a GSA if they didn't work 4th quarter.

You are underqualified for the position. Sorry to say it but your sister is the reason you got the job. Anyone who refuses to work fourth quarter as a GSA should be an automatic disqualification. The fact that you don't even have a GED by the time you are 27 shows a lack of personal drive and accountability for your future. Sorry if this seems like a slap in the face, but it's the truth.

Seriously just go take the GED.
It's a one day thing and I'm sure you'll pass.
Just get off your ass and go do it.

You are underqualified for the position. Sorry to say it but your sister is the reason you got the job. Anyone who refuses to work fourth quarter as a GSA should be an automatic disqualification. The fact that you don't even have a GED by the time you are 27 shows a lack of personal drive and accountability for your future. Sorry if this seems like a slap in the face, but it's the truth.

hate to say it but he has a point i dont know of any gsa who doesnt work fourth quarter. hell at our store it is mandatory to even be considered.

At my store, open availability is a requirement. We're pretty generous about time off, except during fourth quarter.

Every single GSA at my store is in school full-time. They will happily work around those schedules. But asking for fourth quarter off? No. No LOA would be granted for fourth quarter unless it was fmla.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back