Archived guest complaints!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does target always have empty shelves every week? That is literally the number one complaint every day! Every time we do accurate zone in every aisle and section we have to go to audit app after and then zero out the stuff in aisle after doing accurate zone. I don’t understand why shelves are always empty.

Ours aren't too bad, most of the time, but yeah. Most of our complaints originate from the inbound team. Either the shelves or empty or guests can't get to them because of vehicles in the way and the flow people refuse to acknowledge guests. *sigh*

The floor count issues due to modernization are really ridiculous, though. Floor counts are literally never accurate these days. Either the floor count says we have a bunch when we have none on the floor (I wish I knew where those 8 on hand are, but they're not here and not in the back so....?) or we have a bunch on the floor but the system says we have none on the floor or in back.

Ours aren't too bad, most of the time, but yeah. Most of our complaints originate from the inbound team. Either the shelves or empty or guests can't get to them because of vehicles in the way and the flow people refuse to acknowledge guests. *sigh*

The floor count issues due to modernization are really ridiculous, though. Floor counts are literally never accurate these days. Either the floor count says we have a bunch when we have none on the floor (I wish I knew where those 8 on hand are, but they're not here and not in the back so....?) or we have a bunch on the floor but the system says we have none on the floor or in back.

I started noticing these issues in our store after they started implementing modernization as well, our store has even gotten at least one bad google review about it. I'm a softlines TM so I don't know too much about hardlines, but autofills used to get pulled and pushed every day for softlines, because of hours cut that doesn't happen anymore.

Also, since regular TMs started pushing truck they don't know what to do with product that hasn't been set yet and sometimes just put it anywhere to avoid backstocking it, so when something is set, the person setting it doesn't know where it is and it leaves empty spaces on the POG. Also, with so many people backstocking now and doing it incorrectly stuff can sit in the backroom unlocated, I've noticed a lot of 0 on the floor, 0 in back (3 on hand) an ETL said that usually means it's unlocated in the backroom, I used to very rarely see things come up like that on the mydevice.

Last edited:
Things have changed, yet there is still NOT the right ratio between tm and leader.
Back in the day we had too many leaders and too few tm; there was no one to do the work.
Now we have so few leaders that many tm DON’T do the work because the leaders don’t have time to follow up to check if it was done.
Past and present work isn’t getting done for payroll used.
I never agreed with the 3 levels of management. There should be 1 manager for every 5-10 workers. Period. More than that and accountability goes out the window.
ETL’s barely have a clue what is actually going on . They THINK they do because they watch the METRICS but any experienced tm can provide false positives.
TL have a much clearer picture of the true state of the store but no one ever asks. TL should be included in exec meetings (at least for half of it).
If I’m seeing modernization correctly this might fix things. One director for many TL. In my store the execs don’t have a clue. They don’t do the work and they don’t deal with the team members doing the work. They report to the STL as a middle man anything the STL wants to hear. Useless. And inaccurate.
The education system has one principle and a bunch of teachers for groups of students. There is no additional leader between the teachers and the principle.

Another issue; task division.
Past - backroom used to backstocked everything clean, anything that was given to them.
The problem with that was flow would backstock merch rather than push it.
Present (thought this would fix that problem ?) - each tm must push and backstock. This solves the last problem but creates a new one.
New problem - to avoid having to backstock, extra merch is randomly left on salesfloor - either overpushed or not where it goes.
Creates a worse problem: A nightmare when trying to audit so on-hands go haywire.

I started noticing these issues in our store after they started implementing modernization as well, our store has even gotten at least one bad google review about it. I'm a softlines TM so I don't know too much about hardlines, but autofills used to get pulled and pushed every day for softlines, because of hours cut that doesn't happen anymore.

Also, since regular TMs started pushing truck they don't know what to do with product that hasn't been set yet and sometimes just put it anywhere to avoid backstocking it, so when something is set, the person setting it doesn't know where it is and it leaves empty spaces on the POG. Also, with so many people backstocking now and doing it incorrectly stuff can sit in the backroom unlocated, I've noticed a lot of 0 on the floor, 0 in back (3 on hand) an ETL said that usually means it's unlocated in the backroom, I used to very rarely see things come up like that on the mydevice.
There is also a lot of 0 on floor 0 in the back at my store and then 8 on hand? Almost every item a guest is looking for looks like that on the zebra and it’s embarrassing because it’s not in its allotted zone 🤬🥵😡

Things have changed, yet there is still NOT the right ratio between tm and leader.
Back in the day we had too many leaders and too few tm; there was no one to do the work.
Now we have so few leaders that many tm DON’T do the work because the leaders don’t have time to follow up to check if it was done.
Past and present work isn’t getting done for payroll used.
I never agreed with the 3 levels of management. There should be 1 manager for every 5-10 workers. Period. More than that and accountability goes out the window.
ETL’s barely have a clue what is actually going on . They THINK they do because they watch the METRICS but any experienced tm can provide false positives.
TL have a much clearer picture of the true state of the store but no one ever asks. TL should be included in exec meetings (at least for half of it).
If I’m seeing modernization correctly this might fix things. One director for many TL. In my store the execs don’t have a clue. They don’t do the work and they don’t deal with the team members doing the work. They report to the STL as a middle man anything the STL wants to hear. Useless. And inaccurate.
The education system has one principle and a bunch of teachers for groups of students. There is no additional leader between the teachers and the principle.

Another issue; task division.
Past - backroom used to backstocked everything clean, anything that was given to them.
The problem with that was flow would backstock merch rather than push it.
Present (thought this would fix that problem ?) - each tm must push and backstock. This solves the last problem but creates a new one.
New problem - to avoid having to backstock, extra merch is randomly left on salesfloor - either overpushed or not where it goes.
Creates a worse problem: A nightmare when trying to audit so on-hands go haywire.
I can tell you that me and my other peers are involved in the meetings especially when brla comes into play my stl was on the call list and called me to the office and also called the off-site so the other tl can be in it. When it came for my stl to talk he said I have my tl’s here they are going to speak on that matter and they will speak about the action plan. He doesn’t play around he will make us sit in all the meeting good or bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back