Archived Guest dress code?

Status
Not open for further replies.
One time my roommate wore a red shirt and jeans to my store (she was picking me up after my shift ended, so she was shopping in the meanwhile). Me being the little shit I am, I sneaked up behind her and said in a falsetto tone, “Excuse me, can you tell me where I can find baby jeans for my son Billy?”

She immediately bopped my head after she found out it was me.

Seeing how they can try those on at the fitting room and then walk out onto the sales floor to parade it to friends and family and any stranger shopping nearby, it can hardly be considered inappropriate on other parts of the sales floor as long as they are wearing footwear.

No footwear happens daily. People bring different types of animals also....huge bird, squirrel, cats and of coarse dogs that bark and jump on guest. They NEVER say a word. Homeless people hang out everyday for the entire day and help themselves to the free fruit and bath in the handicap stall in the bathroom. DAILY!

Lots of homeless people will come in and “bathe” in the sink (women’s bathroom) which is like totally fine if I was in their position I would probably do the same thing, but it’s annoying af when they leave their strands of hair all over the sink 🤢 so disgusting

Lots of homeless people will come in and “bathe” in the sink (women’s bathroom) which is like totally fine if I was in their position I would probably do the same thing, but it’s annoying af when they leave their strands of hair all over the sink 🤢 so disgusting
The homeless around my store ask if they can get cleaned up. We never refuse them but we do quietly suggest they might be more comfortable in the family restroom by the pharmacy. It’s a larger room and total privacy. They’re really appreciative of that.

Oh, don't I wish we had a dress code for guests. A relatively minor example from a couple days ago was a woman with her butt cheeks hanging out the bottom of her shorts, her shorts were cut so high. Pajama bottoms and slippers - is it that hard to pull on a pair of sweats?
One of our characters is apparently an escapee from Las Vegas - lots of sequins on her clothing, lots of sparkle in her make-up and false eyelashes that look to be an inch long. It's hard to not stare.... or maybe that's what she wants?

I mentioned this in another thread:

A month ago (now two months ago), I was shopping at the Shopping Mall Target near my home (not my store) and I saw some hipster-looking guy in a red plaid shirt and beige pants. He was wandering the men’s apparel area and browsing. I knew he was a guest himself, not a TM, but I had the urge so badly to prank him with questions about where something was in the store. It took me everything not to do this.​

I straight up do it. Also when in Canada at Canadian Tire(they have same employee dress). %99 of the time it gets a laugh then I ask if they really do need any help and if not let them know if I am staying in that area for a bit don't hesitate to ask. Even the one percent they look at me like I'm crazy cause they didn't realize how they are dressed when it clicks they at least smile.

Wearing red and khaki to shop is one trick of shoplifters. I would never EVER tell someone their clothing was not appropriate. Even if their tatas are dragging on the floor or their ball sack is swinging in the breeze, Too easy to be subjective. A thin attractive female with a really tight low low cut tank you might think nothing of. That same outfit on an overweight cosmetically challenged female might make you want to wretch. If you let one wear it you must let the other. Just point them in the direction of appropriate clothing and the mirror department.

But that is the point, same standards for all. Doesn't matter if it's a pretty girl or a cosmetically challenged girl, the point is not tell them to wear clothes that flatter them, it's to nicely remind them that there are obscenity laws still on the books. Or a safety issue, like lack of footwear. Or hate speech (racial/ethnic slurs)/threatening speech printed on clothes. Beyond that, whose business is it if the clothes are odd or unflattering?

Had a mom wearing a tank top with a crossbody bag that pulled the tank in the middle of her chest so tight one of her breasts was about to pop out.

Had an extremely well-endowed woman wearing a white Tshirt a few sizes too small. Shirt was stretched so tight up top it was see through. A little distracting processing that return, but nice nipples I guess. 🤷‍♂️

Had a mom wearing a tank top with a crossbody bag that pulled the tank in the middle of her chest so tight one of her breasts was about to pop out.
You say that like it's a bad thing! WTF.jpg

I one time had a very brave woman who was nursing her baby while walking around shopping. No cover, she held the baby with one hand, shirt pulled up on that side, the only part of the breast covered was the part the baby was sucking on and placement of the baby's head. I admired her because I wasn't that brave, her whole demeanor was that it was a non-issue, everyday business, and I wished I had had that relaxed mindset.

That wouldn't bother me a bit. Good for her.

Suckle that teat, baby!!! Then, leave me a diaper outside! ;)

Oh good lord no. A little discretion and consideration for others when one is out in public PLEASE. WTF.

I will talk to a guest if they don't have a top that covers their nipples (homeless men are the worst for this), bottoms that cover the important bits, or shoes on, for safety.
*edit* Breast feeding mothers are obviously, per company policy, the exception to the top rule...but I've also never had to enforce the dress code with any lady, other than for shoes. The only people that walk around with their nips or "goods" exposed have been homeless guys.

Last edited:
Thank goodness most mothers still understand that the public at large does not need or want to see them breastfeeding their spawn.

Why should women be ashamed and rate public comfort as more important than giving their hungry child food? A child's wellbeing, a child's needs, are higher on the totem pole than someone who think that breasts are just men's toys and should be put away out of sight when men aren't playing.

And why should the public even care if a baby is attached? Several of those Xhiliration bikini tops show more breast than a baby's head. And a good number of swimsuits bought elsewhere cover even less, and they all are worn on public beaches. No one cares how skimpy those tops as long as the nipple is covered.

There's no reason a mother can't go into a restroom, a fitting room, or their vehicle. However, if they are going to do it in public, there are coverings and other discreet ways of doing it. Whipping your tit out and plopping the kid on with disregard for the public at large is rude. I don't want to see it, just like I don't want to see your thong underwear or your boobs flopping around under a see-through top or your ass crack through your see-through leggings-which-are-NOT-pants or your dumbass men's underwear because your jeans are around your thighs, or your fuzzy Spongebob pajama bottoms and bedroom slippers. A little decorum people, please.

Seeing as how all the latter is socially acceptable and appropriate and a non issue then why is feeding a baby less acceptable? And feeding a baby in a bathroom is gross. Would you want to eat your lunch during your 30 minute break in stall #3 of Target's women's bathroom?

Seeing as how all the latter is socially acceptable and appropriate and a non issue then why is feeding a baby less acceptable? And feeding a baby in a bathroom is gross. Would you want to eat your lunch during your 30 minute break in stall #3 of Target's women's bathroom?
All of the latter is absolutely NOT socially acceptable or appropriate. It's tolerated. Just because it's not against the law and people put up with it and have to deal with it doesn't mean it's appropriate in any way. Blecch.

I'll give you that a bathroom is not the best place, unless it's at some fancy hotel or department store where they have the separate sitting rooms, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back