Guest say the darndest (dumbest) things

I don't like using a bunch of produce bags and putting only a couple of items in each, it's wasteful. If the items are very obviously different (like russet potatoes and white onions) would the typical cashier be okay with me putting them in the same bag, since the price is per item, not weight? Or should I use a bunch of bags so the cashiers won't curse my name when I've left?
At least for me i don't care how you bag them as long as you say "i have 2 potatoes and 3 onions** in that bag" (**please specify what color onion as they are 3 different PLUs).

as long as you do not make me guess what's in your bag, i don't care.

Me: You should go to guest services.
G: Ok, but what should I do about this?
Me: go to guest services.
G: Should I just go to guest services to fix it?

*Mom and her 6 kids at the end of the transaction getting ready to pay*

One of her kids: Thank you very much! *gives me thumbs up*
Mom: Shut the fuck up, we're not even done yet. I need to talk to her. Stop bothering people and keep quiet

...jeeze

I don't like using a bunch of produce bags and putting only a couple of items in each, it's wasteful. If the items are very obviously different (like russet potatoes and white onions) would the typical cashier be okay with me putting them in the same bag, since the price is per item, not weight? Or should I use a bunch of bags so the cashiers won't curse my name when I've left?

I'm at a super target so if the items are by weight (potatoes, onions, bananas) it's easier if they are in separate bags. But it's not really that hard to push the onions to one end of the bag and weigh the potatoes and then swap them around to do the onions. I think we get more people that don't even bother to use the produce bags than we have people that put multiple items in the same bag.

I'm at a super target so if the items are by weight (potatoes, onions, bananas) it's easier if they are in separate bags. But it's not really that hard to push the onions to one end of the bag and weigh the potatoes and then swap them around to do the onions. I think we get more people that don't even bother to use the produce bags than we have people that put multiple items in the same bag.

Definitely I would do separate bags if it's priced by weight. But here it's priced per item.

My personal favorite...

"If it says online only, does that mean it's only sold online?"
4V5JV_s-200x150.gif

Guest: "Why don't you price match clearance items?"
Me: "Because it is company policy and just because another retailer decides to no longer carry an items doesn't mean it isn't selling well here."
Guest: "But why not? What can you do for me?"
:confused: Didn't believe me - had to get the gstl involved and he still argued with her. She wouldn't even give him a discount since the item wasn't damaged in any way. Love it when you get back up like that!:p

"Hey, the lights in the freezer keep going on and off, when I pass by. I think something is wrong with them."

"I don't like Market Pantry water, they fill the bottles so much that when I open them, water comes out."

"Hey, you guys have that thing where you walk by and it sprays perfume all over you? You know what I'm talking about, right dude?"

This one is from way back when I started with Target.

>be me, brand new HLG fresh out of orientation
>busy summer weekend, backing up the cashiers
>Guest buying tons of grocery/market items.
>I bag her 2L soda.

G: "Oh no no no, you have to get me a new one. You shook it up and there's bubbles in it."
HLG: "Uh, ma'am I can't really leave the register, especially not to the other side of the building."
G: "But you shook up my soda! It tastes different when there's bubbles in it! You HAVE to get me a new one."
HLG: "But... there's always bubbles in soda..."
G: "You clearly have no respect for the customer! I want your manager!"
HLG: *wondering why I took another job in retail*

>I bag her 2L soda.

G: "Oh no no no, you have to get me a new one. You shook it up and there's bubbles in it."
HLG: "Uh, ma'am I can't really leave the register, especially not to the other side of the building."
G: "But you shook up my soda! It tastes different when there's bubbles in it! You HAVE to get me a new one."

Wow. o_O I thought I was fussy about my soda. Does her car have Star Trek style inertial dampeners to keep it from being shaken with every red light, turn and speed bump?

>I bag her 2L soda.

https://reservations.isleofcapricas...WEB?WEBEVENT+R1F77C76D87E8D901B9D503O+BHK+ENG
People like that make me literally want to shake their soda for reals. Ill show you what it literally looks like if I shake them.

Last edited:
A guest was at the picture frames looking ticked I asked if I could help her she yelled at me and said I've been to every store around and how stupid it was that she couldn't find the frame she needed I was curious at that point and asked what did she need we have A lot of frames she said pissed off a 5×7 but I want one that sits sideways not up and down.,, I just looked at her for a second then picked up the frame she was looking at (and turned it sideways!)

I mentioned this in other Guest thread but
"Betty Crocker should of been put in front of a Firing Squad for ruining the diets of the True American People!!"

Not a guest, but vendor came in today and right out of her mouth after "good morning" was something like "I picked wrong underwear for these shorts!" And considering how you could very faintly see them through the shorts, yeah.

Had a guest the other day after I said oh X sale is only on Y size (don't remember the exact details) say "oh sweetie I'm a shopper, I know what I'm talking about" was this this this close to saying "sweetie I'm a cashier, I know what I'm talking about" but I enjoy my job.

I had a guest trying to pay at SCO but her card was declining so she called me over. It turns out she was trying to pay with a TJ Maxx card. the convo went something like:
Me: "Ma'am, that's your TJ Maxx card."
Her: blank expression on face "Yes"
Me: "Does it work at stores other than TJ Maxx?"
Her: "Yes, I also use it at Marshalls"
Me: "This is Target"
Her: "Yes" blank expression
Me: "Ma'am, try another card"

Power was out in my store today. Guest comes to drop off prescription. Explain that our system was down due to the outage.
Guest: so when will it be back on?
Me: I have no idea. They haven't told us anything.
Guest: what, 20 minutes or so?
Me: I really have no clue. It could be an hour or more. We don't have an estimated time. I can call you when it's ready or if you need it immediately, you might want to go somewhere else that has power....
Guest: no, I'll just wait
Me: are you sure? It could be a while
Guest: I'm sure.
(20 minutes later....)
Guest: is it going to be much longer? It's already been, like, half an hour and I have other things to do today
Me: I'm sorry, but we really don't know how long it's going to be. We can call you or you might want to go somewhere else....
Guest: well, if I knew it was going to take so long, I would have just gone home in the first place! Just call me when it's done!

Guest: (walked up to service desk) Can I order my drink here and go pick it up?
Me: I'm sorry. I'm not sure what you're asking.
Guest: My latte. Can I order it here and pick it up at the Starbucks counter? The line is so long over there.
Me: No, ma'am. Guest Service and Starbucks are not connected through the registers. You'll have to order over there. Looks like the line is moving pretty fast, though.
Guest: Can I order over there? (Pointing to checklanes)
Me: No, I'm sorry but the only place to order your Starbucks is over there at Starbucks. The registers are not connected and there is no possible way to place your order on these registers.
Guest: This is ridiculous. You won't even try.
Me: Ma'am there is no possible way to ring you up here. The register doesn't have the correct software to do so. They'll be happy to take your order at Starbucks.
Guest: (mumbling and grunting under her breath as she walks away)

Guest: My latte. Can I order it here and pick it up at the Starbucks counter? The line is so long over there.
Me: No, ma'am. Guest Service and Starbucks are not connected through the registers. You'll have to order over there. Looks like the line is moving pretty fast, though.
Me: No, I'm sorry but the only place to order your Starbucks is over there at Starbucks. The registers are not connected and there is no possible way to place your order on these registers.
Me: Ma'am there is no possible way to ring you up here. The register doesn't have the correct software to do so. They'll be happy to take your order at Starbucks.

You win. That's the craziest shit ever.

Close second:
Lady came to Food Ave to buy a biscuit & asked for a Venti coffee to go with it.
I said 'Excuse me?'
She repeated 'A Venti coffee.'
Me: 'Next door, ma'am.'
She looked at me confused, looked around & then up at the menu boards before saying 'Oh! Where.....?'
I pointed to the Starbucks counter on the other side.
'Did you still want your biscuit?'

To be fair, when the Sbux register is down, we send them to the Service Desk to pay.

There is a list of dpcis in Sbux. We write them down on a post it or receipt paper and send the guest to the SD or a lane.

Back