Guest say the darndest (dumbest) things

Guest thoughts at SCO(with new software)

"Maybe if I press the screen repeatedly maybe it'll do something..."
plz look at the screen and read how to start a transaction

"Maybe if I set the produce down on the scale it should automatically know what vegetable it is without me entering it in..."
You thought wrong

"Wow, the card reader should NOT be taking this long to read my card... what's wrong, mr. target man? Trying to fuck me over?"
Maybe try pressing pay first, usually solves that issue

"I wanted to PAY with this giftcard, but it only added the value of the giftcard to the receipt?! Trying to fuck me over?"
plz look at the screen, locate the PAY button, locate the GIFTCARD button

"You get paid to do this?"

WATCHU TALKING ABOUT THIS IS A HARD JOB

"I wanna challenge a price, but I expect the cashier to immediately fix it, I don't want ANYONE going back to price check or a manager's opinion!"
sorry that's not how it works

"I fucked up the machine, but it's your fault"
so sorry man

I kinda forgot other nitpicks I noticed through out the day, besides guests just being plain dicks to me for no reason, but that's just not as hilarious. I just love how like a good majority of these issues guests have that absolutely make or break their day at Target would be solved by looking at the screen and critical thinking skills... is it critical thinking skills?
I felt this in my soul

*woman talking on her cell while her card is still the slot beeping madly
"What's that noise?"
"That's the card reader."
"Oh. Why is it making that noise?"
"It's telling you to remove your card."
"Why is it doing that?"
"Because the transaction is finished."
*looks at screen, removes card

"I need you to help me get rid of a body."

I know he was bsing but who in their right mind says that in the middle of a store?

Guest walks up. I'd say mid to late 30s. Not old by any means.

"Can you take a selfie of me?"

You want me to take a selfie with you?

"Not with me. I need you to take a selfie of me."

Ma'am. Selfies are pictures that you take of yourself.

"Oh. So you can't take a selfie of me?"

Unfortunately, no, I can't. I can show you how to take a picture of yourself, though.

"No. I don't want to take a picture. I want to take a selfie." (Walks away)

I'm thinking I'm being Punk'd at this point and kind of stand there in utter disbelief for a good 15 seconds.

"I need you to help me get rid of a body."

I know he was bsing but who in their right mind says that in the middle of a store?

Years ago I went into a Home Depot and asked for a large plastic tarp, tape, a shovel and something to remove blood from the backseat of my truck. Noticing the look on the employees face; I quickly realized how BAD that sounded ! No.... I did NOT murder someone !!!!! I explained that my dog had ran straight thru a sliding glass door; shattered glass everywhere; and a lacerated paw that required a trip to the vet.

Years ago I went into a Home Depot and asked for a large plastic tarp, tape, a shovel and something to remove blood from the backseat of my truck. Noticing the look on the employees face; I quickly realized how BAD that sounded ! No.... I did NOT murder someone !!!!! I explained that my dog had ran straight thru a sliding glass door; shattered glass everywhere; and a lacerated paw that required a trip to the vet.

OMG!!!!!!! Love it!

Guest walks up. I'd say mid to late 30s. Not old by any means.

"Can you take a selfie of me?"

You want me to take a selfie with you?

"Not with me. I need you to take a selfie of me."

Ma'am. Selfies are pictures that you take of yourself.

"Oh. So you can't take a selfie of me?"

Unfortunately, no, I can't. I can show you how to take a picture of yourself, though.

"No. I don't want to take a picture. I want to take a selfie." (Walks away)

I'm thinking I'm being Punk'd at this point and kind of stand there in utter disbelief for a good 15 seconds.
OH MY GOD!!!! My eye twitched just reading this

TM from another store comes in at 7:15 AM and holds out their discount card to scan. I scan it and start ringing.

We get to the end of the transaction, I give her the total and she says:
"Did you scan my discount?"
"Yes ma'am I did"
"Are you sure? It's so expensive."
"Yes, I'm sure I did. My screen shows it too."
"Well, I don't believe that. It's so expensive."

:rolleyes: Yep. So is food, lady.

Me, operator:”Thank you for calling ......(you know the spiel)...Can I help you find something?”
Guest:”There’s these things. I don’t know what they’re called.”
Uncomfortable silence.
Me:”Ma’am, I’m not really sure how I can help. What area of the store would they be in?”

10 solid minutes of pulling teeth to find out she wanted ladies overalls. That she found online. In an Old Navy ad.

I believe my blood pressure was dangerously high that day.

Please tell me you messed with them...
i wanted to say no sorry we just send those emails out for fun, your item won't be ready until you get the email saying your orders been cancelled due to it not being picked up but I didn't want the rest of my team to hate me when they came in complaining lol

I gotta say, I sympathize with that guest. Mainly because I recently did site-to-store from The Big Blue Store and they sent me an email telling me that my order would be ready at this time on this day, but when I went, they told me that they didn't have it and that the email was sent in error. Maybe that guest has been burned by Wally World too many times, lol.

I gotta say, I sympathize with that guest. Mainly because I recently did site-to-store from The Big Blue Store and they sent me an email telling me that my order would be ready at this time on this day, but when I went, they told me that they didn't have it and that the email was sent in error. Maybe that guest has been burned by Wally World too many times, lol.
You make it sound like they been jilted by a jealous lover. Sounds like they been stiffed on a date when in reality they didn't get their Simpli Safe system on the day they expected. This culture of physical immediacy will be the death of us.

Holy jesus, here goes

Lady wanted to price match target.com
I said, hey, no prob, I'll use my app to scan your items GIANT BASKET OF STUFF
Everything I scanned was the same sale price as the website.
She's freaking out, saying that when she looks at her phone, it's a lot less.
I ask, are you on target.com or on the target app?
Turns out she's got a search results page on google opened up.

She shows me an item, it's listed as lower, but when she clicks the picture, it opens in target.com and the price is accurately represented.

Here's the stupid shit people say part of this thread:

"When I'm at home it's the right price, but in your store, it's charging me more. You can't look at the website when you're in the store or it gives you the wrong price."

I shit you not.

Back