Guest say the darndest (dumbest) things

Probably not. Drinking pickle juice is supposed to help with weight loss just like drinking apple cider vinegar.
Apparently, you can also use it to “mask” the smell of alcohol on your breath. Not as in “hell you pass a breathalyzer,” but “keep your coworkers/employer from finding out you’ve been drinking on the job” mask the smell of alcohol on your breath :eek:

Apparently, you can also use it to “mask” the smell of alcohol on your breath. Not as in “hell you pass a breathalyzer,” but “keep your coworkers/employer from finding out you’ve been drinking on the job” mask the smell of alcohol on your breath :eek:

like bruh just use Listerine breath strips

You guys have MyCheckout, we don't.
I, for one, don't know how to use it.
I was always told we can't order items for guests. They just gotta order stuff online or on the app themselves.

Have I been lying all this time??? :(:(:confused::eek:

I, for one, don't know how to use it.
I was always told we can't order items for guests. They just gotta order stuff online or on the app themselves.

Have I been lying all this time??? :(:(:confused::eek:

If you have the mycheckout devices, you can definitely order things for your guests. It's a metric my DM is very interested in. It's also very simple to use. If you've ever ordered anything from the mobile app, congrats you're trained! In all seriousness though, it's extremely similar to the app. Just open up the Mycheckout app and follow the prompts. You can search by words, DPCI, or scan the barcode to pull up an item. Add it to the cart. Input shipping, name, and email address. If you have promo codes, you can use those too. When it's time to pay, flip over the device and insert/swipe your card. Target giftcards work as well. If the verifone attachment is off, you'll get an error message on the mydevice. Just hit the green circle button to turn it on. The confirmation email and receipt will be emailed to the guests. Some guests don't have an email address (or they simply don't want to use one). Just use your GSTL's generic email to push it through. The guest just won't have a receipt.

Just open up the Mycheckout app and follow the prompts. You can search by words, DPCI, or scan the barcode to pull up an item. Add it to the cart. Input shipping, name, and email address. If you have promo codes, you can use those too. When it's time to pay, flip over the device and insert/swipe your card. Target giftcards work as well. If the verifone attachment is off, you'll get an error message on the mydevice. Just hit the green circle button to turn it on. The confirmation email and receipt will be emailed to the guests. Some guests don't have an email address (or they simply don't want to use one). Just use your GSTL's generic email to push it through. The guest just won't have a receipt.
OH.
MY.
GOODNESS.
Would you believe me if I told you NO ONE has ever corrected me when I've said, "sorry, we can't order for you" even when the GSA or GSTL is up there??
(Of course you'd believe me, just read the boards, right? lol)

I am trying this the minute I get back to the store. THANK YOU!

Guests that come up to the service desk and they’re like “I have a return off my registry” and they show you their phone and it’s just the item pulled up on target.com. Like what am I gonna do with that? I have the item right here in my hands. And then I tell them “oh actually to return it I’m gonna need you to sign in on our registry device” and they get all snippy and say “but I have it right here.” “I don’t need to see the item on the website I need your return barcode that your registry generates.” “How do I get that?” “By logging in to our registry device.” 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

Guests that come up to the service desk and they’re like “I have a return off my registry” and they show you their phone and it’s just the item pulled up on target.com. Like what am I gonna do with that? I have the item right here in my hands. And then I tell them “oh actually to return it I’m gonna need you to sign in on our registry device” and they get all snippy and say “but I have it right here.” “I don’t need to see the item on the website I need your return barcode that your registry generates.” “How do I get that?” “By logging in to our registry device.” 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄
you can also have them download the registry app on their phone, and that can generate the barcode as well

I do it on my phone. It's faster than the Target registry devices.

*10:30pm*
Guest: *comes up to service desk* can I check out here?
Me: yeah sure.
Guest: the lines are way too long.
Me: oh gotcha.
Guest: you only have two cashiers and no self checkout.
Me: yeah, they usually close them by this time of night.
Guest: people are leaving their carts because they don’t want to wait in line.
Me: *laughs* wow.
Guest: you really don’t care that people aren’t buying things because the lines are long?
Me: it doesn’t really affect me.
Guest: oh.
Like??? Lol even if I did care what am I supposed to do about it?? Complaining to the wrong person lady

Guest: you really don’t care that people aren’t buying things because the lines are long?
Like??? Lol even if I did care what am I supposed to do about it?? Complaining to the wrong person lady
I know. it's like the people who are like IM NEVER SHOPPING HERE AGAIN. like first of all see you next Sunday Susan second of all my day would actually be better if you didn't shop here again so don't let the door hit you on the way out

What do they expect YOU to do. You're the very bottom of the Target's food chain.

Heck , if the front end was even close to adequately staffed, I would be a little less stressed and probably more tolerant of the snowflakes.

Last edited:
I get all this, however, a guest first should have been called.

Unless I missed something in the conversation, if there were lots of people with fully loaded carts so frustrated that there were only two registers open GS would have seen those abandoned carts and called for backup. So......where were all those abandoned carts? I'm thinking the guest's pants were on fire.

Unless I missed something in the conversation, if there were lots of people with fully loaded carts so frustrated that there were only two registers open GS would have seen those abandoned carts and called for backup. So......where were all those abandoned carts? I'm thinking the guest's pants were on fire.
Yeah, not a single abandoned cart was brought up to us. I think she was just mad I wasn’t reacting to the thought of long lines so she was trying to stir up a reaction from me (and failed)

I get all this, however, a guest first should have been called.

If all but two registers were closed out for the night, what good would that do? Also, by 10:30 my store is often down to 1 HL and 1 SL person (and they will need to cover electronics & beauty calls), so it's not like there are people to call for backup.

but why are the self checkouts closed? 1 cashier and 1 SCO is better than 2 cashiers, and then you can still call for at least 1 more backup (depending on where you are at with banking the lanes)

My understanding is that it because it takes longer to close out SCO and deal with funds than it does the regular POS stations. Starting with the units that take the most time makes it more likely that they can get off the clock on time.

My understanding is that it because it takes longer to close out SCO and deal with funds than it does the regular POS stations. Starting with the units that take the most time makes it more likely that they can get off the clock on time.

Yes, SCO takes longer to close but the time if takes you to close all registers in addition to SCO remains the same whether you do SCO first or last. SCO should be left until last. Like RedcardJJ said, 4 SCO and 1 register is better than 2 registers. At my store we're able to time it so that we finish closing SCO right at close. GSTL still has to wait for LOD to close the doors behind the last guest so finishing the registers at 12:10 is fine. 1 register is left open for O/N so they can finish closing everything while the cashier is ringing up the remaining guests.

you can temporarily close SCO by just signing out. that's what y store does until funds can be dealt with

Yes, SCO takes longer to close but the time if takes you to close all registers in addition to SCO remains the same whether you do SCO first or last

Interesting. My store has always closed out SCO an hour or more before store close. Makes sense to leave SCO until close...

Interesting. My store has always closed out SCO an hour or more before store close. Makes sense to leave SCO until close...

I'm wondering if this is a case of different DMs or stores just doing their own thing. My DM is very adamant that SCO be the first one open, and the last one closed. It doesn't mean all have to be open or closed at the same time. I have 12 SCO in total. I'll open 4 right at 8am and the rest around 9am. Then I'll close 4 at 10pm, another 4 around 11pm, and then I'll work my way through the last 4 starting at 11:45pm. I'll let guests use the remaining few while I'm switching out funds on another one. I'll have a TM or TPS in the area watching the guests. On the rare occasions where I have no closing GSTL or TL anywhere in the store (O/N TL and ETL are completely useless and refuse to help), I'll log out of 8 SCO at 10, close the other registers, log out of the last 4 at 1130, close the store, then stay late to take out the funds and close cash office. Not fun as it's usually a mad dash to arm the cash office and the building before 1.

Back