Guest say the darndest (dumbest) things

Kohl’s does now, but we are not Kohl’s.

I suggested they go there because I had heard they were going to. I didn't know if it started though. Heck I even suggested Whole Foods, although I am pretty sure you can't return things there LOL.

Walking past a mom and her daughter. It was a tight fit so I’d have to get super duper close to the girl to get by so as any normal person would I said “excuse me” in like a peppy voice as I walked by and the mom spun around and said to her daughter “you don’t have to do anything! you don’t have to “excuse her” (mocking the way I said it). You don’t gotta move over for anyone” like what the fuck is your problem that you’re so offended that I said excuse me I didn’t say “get the fuck out of my way” lol

Walking past a mom and her daughter. It was a tight fit so I’d have to get super duper close to the girl to get by so as any normal person would I said “excuse me” in like a peppy voice as I walked by and the mom spun around and said to her daughter “you don’t have to do anything! you don’t have to “excuse her” (mocking the way I said it). You don’t gotta move over for anyone” like what the fuck is your problem that you’re so offended that I said excuse me I didn’t say “get the fuck out of my way” lol
Don't you know that you're their servant, not their equal?

Don't you know that you're their servant, not their equal?
That’s my mentality at the SCO. “I’m here to help you “mistress Karen” so you can be on your way.” 😁 Seriously though - I do feel that way some days.

So we have a capital one ATM in our store, today some guy was working on it for whatever reason he was there literally for 7 hours and some lady walked up to him in the morning and was like “I need to use it” and he was like “it’s being serviced” and she was like “well how long are you gonna take?” hella rudely and he was like “at least 6 more hours. There’s a bench if you wanna wait” (I love him lol he sassed her right back) and she came up to me and ranted for like 5 minutes straight that this is exactly why target is dying because they don’t put customers first and we decided to fix the atm without thinking if she might need to use it first and blah blah blah and she wouldn’t even listen to me when I was like we have literally nothing to do with the atm they just put it there we don’t touch it we don’t do anything that’s all capital one’s business we can’t help that they wanted someone to work on it it’s their atm they can do whatever they want to it PLUS I listed off 4 other banks in the same parking lot as us that have atms but she said she is extremely inconvenienced that she can’t run all of her errands in one store and I was like wtf that is not my problem!!!!!!! Who gives a fuck!!!! Bro I can’t work here anymore I hate customers so much I’m so sick of having to pretend like anyone’s dumbass problems have any importance to me at all like I literally could not care less about any of these people and the fact they’re “”inconvenienced”” you’re inconveniencing me right now by flapping your lips at me and you don’t see me complaining to you about it!!

This turned into a rant on accident my bad lmao

So we have a capital one ATM in our store, today some guy was working on it for whatever reason he was there literally for 7 hours and some lady walked up to him in the morning and was like “I need to use it” and he was like “it’s being serviced” and she was like “well how long are you gonna take?” hella rudely and he was like “at least 6 more hours. There’s a bench if you wanna wait” (I love him lol he sassed her right back) and she came up to me and ranted for like 5 minutes straight that this is exactly why target is dying because they don’t put customers first and we decided to fix the atm without thinking if she might need to use it first and blah blah blah and she wouldn’t even listen to me when I was like we have literally nothing to do with the atm they just put it there we don’t touch it we don’t do anything that’s all capital one’s business we can’t help that they wanted someone to work on it it’s their atm they can do whatever they want to it PLUS I listed off 4 other banks in the same parking lot as us that have atms but she said she is extremely inconvenienced that she can’t run all of her errands in one store and I was like wtf that is not my problem!!!!!!! Who gives a fuck!!!! Bro I can’t work here anymore I hate customers so much I’m so sick of having to pretend like anyone’s dumbass problems have any importance to me at all like I literally could not care less about any of these people and the fact they’re “”inconvenienced”” you’re inconveniencing me right now by flapping your lips at me and you don’t see me complaining to you about it!!

This turned into a rant on accident my bad lmao
I totally get it— one time a lady yelled at me because the ATM wasn’t taking her pin. Like first of all Karen you’re probably entering it wrong and second of all even if it’s really not working what do you want me do???

I hate that stupid thing lol someone got mad at me because they couldn’t pay on their credit card (not a target credit card, their capital one credit card) at the atm (is that even a thing??) and was like please all I do is clock in and process returns and clock out why are you yelling at me about this 😣😣

I hate that stupid thing lol someone got mad at me because they couldn’t pay on their credit card (not a target credit card, their capital one credit card) at the atm (is that even a thing??) and was like please all I do is clock in and process returns and clock out why are you yelling at me about this 😣😣
“Why can’t I pay my target credit card with my other credit card”

We’re literally saving you from yourself (that’s how the cycle of debt starts!)

I answered the phone (mistake!) "Hi, I got mail from Target. I cancelled my card a while ago. I've called like 20 stores already, maybe you can help me. Can you look up..." I tell her no and give her the # to card services "I'm afraid if I call Target, I'll get someone in Manilla and I just don't trust them...."

What an idiot.

I answered the phone (mistake!) "Hi, I got mail from Target. I cancelled my card a while ago. I've called like 20 stores already, maybe you can help me. Can you look up..." I tell her no and give her the # to card services "I'm afraid if I call Target, I'll get someone in Manilla and I just don't trust them...."

What an idiot.
What was she having you look up? Could it actually be a scam, not an idiot?

I had a lady walk by me and ask me if the self checkout lane was open when it was probably ~6ft away from us. I was stocking batteries literally all day and trying to get them done as quick as possible so I wasn't paying attention to anything. I answered "it should be open", as there shouldn't be a reason for it to be closed but I wasn't 100% sure anyway since I wasn't paying attention and I was a new-ish hire at the time.

Her response: "Oh. That's a good answer."

I deadass stood there and looked at her for 5 seconds as she walked away. You're telling me you can't walk your lazy ass another 5ft to check if it's open? My excuse is that I'm new and I didn't know if self checkout closes at a certain time since it was getting late-ish. I still didn't see a reason why it could've been closed, and I was also 100% focused on finishing the batteries since none of my other TMs were touching them and they were just piled high in 2 different carts in the stockroom, but you could very well say I'm a lazy ass too for not walking the spoiled bitch 5ft, ya know? :rolleyes:

This happens way too much with me where the guest can't open their crusty eyes wide enough to see that what they're looking for is right in front of them. It's really annoying to be distracted in a time-sensitive situation by something that could've been solved by them if they just took the time to look carefully instead of getting impatient. Then I get thrown off, then I go back to what I'm doing, then it's a vicious cycle. Personally, I choose not to bother anyone only until it's 100% necessary, like a locked item or I literally cannot find it. Most aren't that considerate

Lady: This clearance sticker is wrong. Clearly 70% of $6.99 isn't $6.99.
Me: Yeah, I understand, it was a misprint. I'll get you the actual price right now
*takes out zebra and shows her the price*
Lady: HUH?? 70% of $6.99 isn't $2.10! It's more like $1.70! Can you give it to me for that?
Me: No, it's already on clearance.
Lady: Well, I'm not paying $2.10, it should be lower.
Me: If you go up to the front sometimes you can haggle with them. (mostly just said this to get her to frick off)
Lady: (Mumbling) Oh, alright but still not paying $2.10 that's wrong.

An hour later, I was zoning and had found that she left the stupid sticky notes on some random shelf in electronics probably to spite me... some people, man.

And actually, she's wrong. 70% off from 6.99 *is* 2.10. Which might be why she dumped it, so she didn't have to be caught out.

Lady: This clearance sticker is wrong. Clearly 70% of $6.99 isn't $6.99.
Me: Yeah, I understand, it was a misprint. I'll get you the actual price right now
*takes out zebra and shows her the price*
Lady: HUH?? 70% of $6.99 isn't $2.10! It's more like $1.70! Can you give it to me for that?
Me: No, it's already on clearance.
Lady: Well, I'm not paying $2.10, it should be lower.
Me: If you go up to the front sometimes you can haggle with them. (mostly just said this to get her to frick off)
Lady: (Mumbling) Oh, alright but still not paying $2.10 that's wrong.

An hour later, I was zoning and had found that she left the stupid sticky notes on some random shelf in electronics probably to spite me... some people, man.
This is where I would’ve taken my phone out and typed in the calculator .30 x 6.99 and shown it to her, lol.

I find it so strange that people argue over this. Like ok it’s one thing if the price on the shelf for that specific item is wrong (missed revision)... but like I feel like in general if a retail worker told me what a price is, I might not be happy if it’s not what I’m expecting, but then I just wouldn’t buy it.

Back