Archived Guest Service is now Softlines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guest service has started hanging and folding softlines that come through the service desk at my store. Seems like they can handle it cuz there's typically more than one TM up there, or they work on it if things slow down at times. Seems to be working ok, and it helps not to send an overflowing cart to the fitting room with reshop

Why does it help the fitting room, they just pile their crap in a cart and push it off to the backroom to be worked like two weeks later.. Making sure we can't find anything or batches get pulled since you can't move around all but five z-racks stuffed full of hanging packed down the aisle the rest of the way with carts.

And for lower volume stores one person might work, but mine needs two minimum, between OPU pick up and GS constant stream of returns one person would have the line out the door all day long and the disaster that reshop would become.

Last edited:
Why does it help the fitting room, they just pile their crap in a cart and push it off to the backroom to be worked like two weeks later.. Making sure we can't find anything or batches get pulled since you can't move around all but five z-racks stuffed full of hanging packed down the aisle the rest of the way with carts.

Ooh..... this is shameful. I feel bad for you, @Bosch !! Your A&A Team needs a kick in the ass......or your Leadership does. Pick one o_O

Just before we began E2E in A&A, we placed our focus on reshop/gobacks. The Team were like "ants at a picnic" and moved VERY quickly to gather merch from GS often...... they cleared out the FR of reshop/gobacks often...... and they were not allowed to dump rewraps at the FR. (they used their rewrap kits on the selling floor to address them). We never have "carry over" gobacks. The FR is clear every night.

*GS at our store does not hang/fold our reshop/gobacks. But they MUST make sure everything has a ticket before it goes into our bin. Generally, the A&A Team gathers merch so often from GS, that it's only 5-10 items at a time. And never in a cart.

Hanging has to be done sometime. Its unavoidable and eventually has to be done somewhere by someone, be it Fitting Room or GS. Its just a matter of who has the time and focus to do it. I (and everybody else at the front) was really skeptical when we made the switch, seeing as we only have one person at our desk.

We do have Drive-Up Pickup now and being able to use our Drive-Up person to hang clothes when needed has really helped. Things feel like they're getting done... for now.

one of the goals of the operating model pilot is to allow the front end to be more self sufficient. there's going to be at least two GSA/GSTL during peak hours, which allows for a lot more flexibility. they can backup cashier at guest service, electronics, or the front lanes.
Wait, what? I have never once called front end backup to electronics, nor would I. At most, I'll ask Hardlines to cover a break, and I don't like doing that. I certainly wouldn't want a GSA/GSTL back here.

It's not a direct order from corporate for GS to hang/fold softlines. As someone mentioned earlier corporate has focused on keeping the fitting room clean. It seems like most STLs took this to mean that GS now has to do all the work for them. Its complete bullshit and I've put my foot down. My team has to hang softlines but I don't care if it's on the correct hanger. SL is going to have to rehang everything anyways so what's the point in putting in all that effort at GS? As long as it's hung up, it looks nicer when it's sent to FR and that is the goal at the end of the day. I refuse to have my team fold. It takes too much time and, again, it's going to have to be refolded anyways. All softlines folding gets thrown into a cart and they'll have to find someone to deal with it.

We tried doing it their way for 1 week. My team took the time to fold and hang everything correctly. What did softlines do? They picked it up and dumped it at the fitting room anyways.

Wait, what? I have never once called front end backup to electronics, nor would I. At most, I'll ask Hardlines to cover a break, and I don't like doing that. I certainly wouldn't want a GSA/GSTL back here.

If you need a supervisor override back in electronics for any reason, GSA/GSTL can now respond without leaving the lanes unattended, which keeps from pulling LOD/other TLs from whatever they're doing. The GSTL is now responsible for the guest experience throughout the whole store, so when you get the op model pilot, you'll see them being a lot more global and jumping into different work centers when they're busy (at least that's the goal)

If you need a supervisor override back in electronics for any reason, GSA/GSTL can now respond without leaving the lanes unattended, which keeps from pulling LOD/other TLs from whatever they're doing. The GSTL is now responsible for the guest experience throughout the whole store, so when you get the op model pilot, you'll see them being a lot more global and jumping into different work centers when they're busy (at least that's the goal)
Huh. Currently we print a suspend slip and walk the guest up to guest services if we can't do something.

Ooh..... this is shameful. I feel bad for you, @Bosch !! Your A&A Team needs a kick in the ass......or your Leadership does. Pick one o_O

Just before we began E2E in A&A, we placed our focus on reshop/gobacks. The Team were like "ants at a picnic" and moved VERY quickly to gather merch from GS often...... they cleared out the FR of reshop/gobacks often...... and they were not allowed to dump rewraps at the FR. (they used their rewrap kits on the selling floor to address them). We never have "carry over" gobacks. The FR is clear every night.

*GS at our store does not hang/fold our reshop/gobacks. But they MUST make sure everything has a ticket before it goes into our bin. Generally, the A&A Team gathers merch so often from GS, that it's only 5-10 items at a time. And never in a cart.

As much as I can't stand the Softlines ETL, this is not her doing.. She got orders from above.. So she said "Run with your dumb ideas and lets see what happens." and chaos is what has happened.

It was an order from the DTL "Service the guest" everything else is not to be bothered with.. So we are now running with a %30 INF(all softlines) since there are over 50 shopping carts of unsorted clogging up our receiving area and all but 4 z-racks that jammed down the aisles with carts blocking them..

We have all basically after over a month of this bullshit have all run out of fucks to give. If its not on the floor - it's INF.. Cause there is just so much to try and sort through.

So leadership needs a swift kick in the ass for going with this DTL's bullshit idea.. I hope its the fucking end of these idiots. Our cart size just keeps shrinking? I don't wonder why..

As much as I can't stand the Softlines ETL, this is not her doing.. She got orders from above.. So she said "Run with your dumb ideas and lets see what happens." and chaos is what has happened.

It was an order from the DTL "Service the guest" everything else is not to be bothered with.. So we are now running with a %30 INF(all softlines) since there are over 50 shopping carts of unsorted clogging up our receiving area and all but 4 z-racks that jammed down the aisles with carts blocking them..

We have all basically after over a month of this bullshit have all run out of fucks to give. If its not on the floor - it's INF.. Cause there is just so much to try and sort through.

So leadership needs a swift kick in the ass for going with this DTL's bullshit idea.. I hope its the fucking end of these idiots. Our cart size just keeps shrinking? I don't wonder why..
You can't service a guest if you do not have merch on the floor.

You can't service a guest if you do not have merch on the floor.

This bitch hasn't figured that out yet. I am pissed and out of fucks cause my guests that ordered stuff are getting screwed other stores are getting screwed since they have pick up our slack and it pisses me off. Cause I actually want to do good, we may not be big volume for SFS but I want to get the orders we do get out cause I want that money in the door.. Its easy money but they are pissing it away and just wasting the payroll we get since we are not actually fulfilling orders most of the time now..

This bitch hasn't figured that out yet. I am pissed and out of fucks cause my guests that ordered stuff are getting screwed other stores are getting screwed since they have pick up our slack and it pisses me off. Cause I actually want to do good, we may not be big volume for SFS but I want to get the orders we do get out cause I want that money in the door.. Its easy money but they are pissing it away and just wasting the payroll we get since we are not actually fulfilling orders most of the time now..

Soooooo TRUE !!!! Can I get an "AMEN" ?!?!

Today our ETL said that we're not going to have a place for hanging reshop at the FR at all, except for a small rack (not z rack) placed outside the FR for guests to hang their items they didn't want. Essentially as soon as we get the reshop we need to put it back immediately. We'll see how that goes….

Today our ETL said that we're not going to have a place for hanging reshop at the FR at all, except for a small rack (not z rack) placed outside the FR for guests to hang their items they didn't want. Essentially as soon as we get the reshop we need to put it back immediately. We'll see how that goes….

Then they better quadruple coverage cause it won't work otherwise and I guess you guys won't be doing anything else.

We don't even get a rack for guests in the FR. No vehicles allowed, whatsoever.

We are pretty high volume so days only one person is scheduled in electronics they’ll call for backups quite often. It’s not necessarily the gsa gstl but someone. Also your gsa/gstl should be in charge of any of the issue register related so I’ll be called back there from time to time to do an override or troubleshoot a register and now with the wallet. I think it makes a lot of sense to have one or two people that are your go to people for things like that.

Yiiiikes. I try to keep softlines nice and neat to be nice, but lots of times it just piles up into a cart for them. I’m usually alone over there and cannot imagine keeping up with all that softlines by myself or even with one other person. Good luck!
Ahhhhh, just a few weeks ago I was so naive.
On top of that, we have to do softlines job. We have to hang and fold all their clothes! with no help because there is only one GS TM! And we get reprimanded if we can’t finish the job. This doesn’t sound like a big deal. But when i’m worrying about guests, reshop, and no back up- it is. I just don’t have enough time or help to finish softlines reshop. I tried speaking to the ETLs but they say it’s from corps orders. I can go more in depth. If no other store is doing this and only our STL i’ll be upset because they’re not understanding the difficulties. But if it’s Corp’s orders then i know it’s out of everyone’s hands.
This is now at my store and it has been an absolute nightmare. The only good thing is my GSTLs are 100% on our side with saying how impossible it is. Makes me feel a little better knowing they just expect me to try my best, but still UGH.

are you guys running the new operating model pilot? because if you are, you should have extra coverage up front mid-day.
Operating it and reality are two different things. Several times a week we just have one opener and one closer. What I really want to know is this, we need to schedule for what is good for the business. Why would you have 4 GSA/GSTL's scheduled on a Monday/Tuesday and when the weekend comes around you only have an opener and closer. This has never made sense to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back