Archived Guest Survey Comments

Status
Not open for further replies.
You'd think 18 lanes would be enough for an A+ volume store.

We have 28 :] We had 1+1 on every single lane on black friday, and even during some of the other rushes we've had, we have had close to every lane opened up.

Is your store pfresh?

for a year straight (literally) we had a guest comment that said "BEER." every single week. sometimes it would swap up and say "BEER. BEER."

for a year straight (literally) we had a guest comment that said "BEER." every single week. sometimes it would swap up and say "BEER. BEER."

At least it wasn't a negative comment.

We actually had somebody say that we should play Christmas music. I would so have to kill somebody after a couple of weeks of that.

LOL
i want a hippopotamus for christmas.... only a hippopotamus will do....

we've been watching elf in the breakroom. i've just been walking around all day smiling really huge (or evil). every single time someone looked at me weird i just say "smiling's my favorite". i creeped out half the flow team today. :D

We have 28 :] We had 1+1 on every single lane on black friday, and even during some of the other rushes we've had, we have had close to every lane opened up.

Wow not sure if 28 would been enough for a little ULV at midnight on Black Friday. The lines stretched all the way from mens at the back our store to toys around to they front by HBA and then to the checkouts. We had all 13 lanes going including 4 express lanes, plus the jewelry register and the a couple at the service desk. Was using the jewelry and service desk ones mainly for red cards though. Took at least 2 to 2.5 hours the lanes to finally die down.

We had 1+1 on every single lane on black friday, and even during some of the other rushes we've had, we have had close to every lane opened up.

We rarely use the last 4 or 5 registers outside of Q4. Also, 1+1 is a joke at my store. Our GSTL/GSAs won't even call for backups until it's about 1+3, even if we hit the additional assistance button.

Is your store pfresh?

Yeah, I don't remember which prototype though.

We have 28 :]

Are you at a Super-T?

We rarely use the last 4 or 5 registers outside of Q4. Also, 1+1 is a joke at my store. Our GSTL/GSAs won't even call for backups until it's about 1+3, even if we hit the additional assistance button.

Yeah, I don't remember which prototype though.

Are you at a Super-T?

Imerzan has to be. I was at a super and my store had 24 registers.

My all time favorite:
"Your entrance is on the wrong side."

And more recently:
"Stop asking me if you can help me find something. I can't get to one end of the store before I'm asked a dozen times."

I'm sorry, but that just means we're doing our job. :D

"Have more registers open."

When you start buying more stuff, we'll start scheduling more cashiers. And I'll be happy because I'll actually get hours.

I have 22 lanes. Rarely do I use more than 10/11 during the weekend. Weekdays I can get away with 6/7.

I have 22 lanes. Rarely do I use more than 10/11 during the weekend. Weekdays I can get away with 6/7.

When I first started a couple of years ago, as it got later in the night, we all ended up in the middle of our 26 lanes, and people complained that they had to walk too far to check out. So, before Christmas season last year, we started keeping the registers on the end open instead, and people complained that they had to walk all the way to end ends since no one was in the middle. Pretty well learned people complain just to complain. We've switched back since, and guess what, they still complain.

When I first started a couple of years ago, as it got later in the night, we all ended up in the middle of our 26 lanes, and people complained that they had to walk too far to check out. So, before Christmas season last year, we started keeping the registers on the end open instead, and people complained that they had to walk all the way to end ends since no one was in the middle. Pretty well learned people complain just to complain. We've switched back since, and guess what, they still complain.

QFT SMH Don't people have anything better to do with their time? Maybe the extra walking would be good for their health. Some people are never happy.

This one was a complaint about me that I found quite hilarious:

"The girl at the desk wanted me to print out my purchase log instead of using my license. She told me she didn't want me to waste my license returns. She should be retrained."

My LOD heard this guest yelling at me and walked up to find out the problem...when the guest told her, she again asked what the problem was. The guest called it in to corporate right there and then also used her online survey complaint form to write it down. When it came out, the LOD that night tracked me down and we laughed about it. I'm actually very proud of this complaint. :)

To be honest, it's more about sizing it up. If there's a large family that's a group with like 6 orders, they're not gonna split up, so one lane will have 1+8 while another is completely empty. And sometimes, we call for back up, try to direct guests to the open lanes and they just say "No it's fine I'll just wait" which leads to really pissed off backup cashiers. Guests...

This one was a complaint about me that I found quite hilarious:

"The girl at the desk wanted me to print out my purchase log instead of using my license. She told me she didn't want me to waste my license returns. She should be retrained."

My LOD heard this guest yelling at me and walked up to find out the problem...when the guest told her, she again asked what the problem was. The guest called it in to corporate right there and then also used her online survey complaint form to write it down. When it came out, the LOD that night tracked me down and we laughed about it. I'm actually very proud of this complaint. :)

"She should have let me get less back on my return!"

Not a survey complaint, but a complaint nonetheless....a guest called in to complain that one of our pharmacists "upset her child". She came in to ask the pharmacist's opinion on what she thought was a wart on her child and the pharmacist told her she didn't think it was a wart, she wouldn't suggest using wart medicine because it would probably hurt, and she would suggest taking him to the doctor to have it looked at because it looked infected to her. Well, I guess the kid got upset when she said he should go to the doctor and the mom didn't like that so she called (a WEEK later) to complain! Oh, and btw, it wasn't a wart, it was a blister that had abcessed and it would have stung like the dickens if she had put wart medicine on it!!!

Not a survey complaint, but a complaint nonetheless....a guest called in to complain that one of our pharmacists "upset her child". She came in to ask the pharmacist's opinion on what she thought was a wart on her child and the pharmacist told her she didn't think it was a wart, she wouldn't suggest using wart medicine because it would probably hurt, and she would suggest taking him to the doctor to have it looked at because it looked infected to her. Well, I guess the kid got upset when she said he should go to the doctor and the mom didn't like that so she called (a WEEK later) to complain! Oh, and btw, it wasn't a wart, it was a blister that had abcessed and it would have stung like the dickens if she had put wart medicine on it!!!

She was upset the the pharmacist was right?
WTF?

The pharmacist was right, therefore she (the mother) was WRONG! That's why she was upset.

She was upset the the pharmacist was right?
WTF?

The pharmacist was right, therefore she (the mother) was WRONG! That's why she was upset.

No, she was upset that the pharmacist didn't pull her aside and talk to her away from her kid. I was thinking "Did the doctor take her into a different room or the hallway to talk to her so he didn't upset her kid?" It's not like it was a little kid, either, the kid was probably about 10-11 :huh:

Last edited:
I'm waiting for this one to make our board - I got stopped by an older guest the other day while pushing a CAF - she asked for a manager, so I asked her why so I would know why(and not just because I'm nosy)...she holds up a greeting card, and on the front it says "Dude....WTF?".....she said it was highly offensive to her, and she wanted something done......I asked the LOD about it later, she just rolled her eyes and sighed.....too funny.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back