Archived Guests must use own cartwheel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So apparently we just got an email saying it's a coachable offense to allow guests to use a TMs phone or a MyDevice for Cartwheel.

Anyone else hear about this? Maybe a sign that the Red Perks thing is moving forward soon?

Target has been making a bunch of bad decisions lately. Like they recently removed the option to checkout as a guest online. I guarantee it'll have a negative impact on online sales.
There's been times when I just wanted to pay for whatever and be done with it for sure.

Target has been making a bunch of bad decisions lately. Like they recently removed the option to checkout as a guest online. I guarantee it'll have a negative impact on online sales.
I recently had a guest call me in store to walk him through the order process online. Ummm, how is this efficient??

So apparently we just got an email saying it's a coachable offense to allow guests to use a TMs phone or a MyDevice for Cartwheel.

Anyone else hear about this? Maybe a sign that the Red Perks thing is moving forward soon?

We had to stop doing that months ago... no one understood why, then the perks system came out.

Yes, this is due to Perks. We've been testing the program, and while it does drive engagement and Cartwheel penetration...there is the opportunity for TM's to abuse the program by scanning their Cartwheel for guests. TM's can quickly rack up several hundred dollars worth of free perks that the Guest never knows they missed.

On a related note, the removal of guest checkout on Target.com is likely driven by the personalization that's coming to Cartwheel. Soon, Cartwheel will more closely track each Guests' unique buying preferences and offer deals that are tailored to that individual. Requiring log-in at checkout on Target.com will provide more valuable data points.

Welp that's going to stink half the time we have ( like someone mentioned) my phone is about to die do you have anyone that has anyone or we have tech challenged oh it's on cartwheel?? I don't have that.. I don't know how to download it. I mean I've personally never let a guest use my phone ( I don't have it one me) but whenever it encountered that problem one of the GSTL came over with their phone and took care of it because of that issue.

I've had guests say the phone is dying and the brightness won't turn up... And it's legit because I see it so I just type their whole cartwheel bar code and it takes it,but yeah that's going to suck getting yelled at by guests if we can't use it for them anymore if they really don't have a smart phone or the phone is dead.

However not having a guest option will get people to say "fuck it m, don't need it that bad.".

Cause our website is crap to navigate.

That's why I ALWAYS tell guests to order something through the app because it's so straightforward and the website can be confusing.

At my store, I was told we can absolutely use our own Cartwheel for guests. When I was hired, I was told that as one of multiple reasons for being allowed to carry my phone with me, so long as it isn't a frequent distraction otherwise.

I've used mine plenty of times when trying to help a guest with a phone that I'm extremely unfamiliar with (or doesn't seem as intuitive as far as navigation), a dying phone, giving a quick tutorial, or when they know there's a deal but won't/can't get their own app to work correctly. Other TMs do it frequently as well.

I've noticed that sometimes, the app will have trouble loading when a guest's phone is being particularly finicky about whether it's connected to the store wifi or not. Nine times out of ten, it will be a guest that really isn't knowledgeable about smart phones to begin with, and they always completely give up. While I don't mind doing it in general, I rarely have time to give someone that much of a tech lesson, and thankfully they usually understand that. I'll just pull out my own phone, scan what we know is on Cartwheel, and go from there.

At my store, I was told we can absolutely use our own Cartwheel for guests. When I was hired, I was told that as one of multiple reasons for being allowed to carry my phone with me, so long as it isn't a frequent distraction otherwise.
But the point is this will be changing soon as Cartwheel Perks moves forward.

But the point is this will be changing soon as Cartwheel Perks moves forward.

Even in areas that don't officially have Perks, this is true. Very few of our guests have Perks, but if you drive 50 miles to the next district, you can get them. So, people that have shopped in that other district have them. Most of the managers have them. I got Perks when it first came out. I had to explain to the management team how it worked.

Even in stores that don't have perks, there are now "exclusive offers" just for you, so you really shouldn't be using your barcode for guests. The point of cartwheel is to get people in the store using it, not yo rely on a cashier to use their own cartwheel.

In California, San Diego is one of the test areas for Red Perks. So we get people from there at our store (Much more North of San Diego) who want to use them, but we have to decline them because we are not part of their testing, plus tons of people come with fake af cartwheels that give them 25 dollars off with each scan, it is horrible. Like the cartwheel looks so bad and it's way too fake, I have no idea where they get it or how.

In California, San Diego is one of the test areas for Red Perks. So we get people from there at our store (Much more North of San Diego) who want to use them, but we have to decline them because we are not part of their testing, plus tons of people come with fake af cartwheels that give them 25 dollars off with each scan, it is horrible. Like the cartwheel looks so bad and it's way too fake, I have no idea where they get it or how.

Since the DM uses it outside of San Diego, I can't see how you are denying anyone with legitimate perks on their phone? I'd be pitching a fit and calling for LOD if that happened to me outside of San Diego. I have used my cartwheel in no less than 10 states.

Since the DM uses it outside of San Diego, I can't see how you are denying anyone with legitimate perks on their phone? I'd be pitching a fit and calling for LOD if that happened to me outside of San Diego. I have used my cartwheel in no less than 10 states.

A TM got in trouble the other day for accepting them, our LODs and GSTLs tell us we cant accept them. I'm pretty sure it is because there are a LOT of fakes out there, or something of that nature.

A TM got in trouble the other day for accepting them, our LODs and GSTLs tell us we cant accept them. I'm pretty sure it is because there are a LOT of fakes out there, or something of that nature.

Have somebody show you what a real and a fake one looks like.

Pull up cartwheel.
Touch the screen, pressing Checkout. You should see three tabs: teal=cartwheel barcode, red=weekly coupons, pink=perks.
If you can touch all three and they flip back and forth showing the different bar codes, it is real.
The fake ones are screen shots.
You should also see the icons at the bottom of the page in this order: perks, offers, my list, checkout, me.

Hope that helps.

Have somebody show you what a real and a fake one looks like.

Pull up cartwheel.
Touch the screen, pressing Checkout. You should see three tabs: teal=cartwheel barcode, red=weekly coupons, pink=perks.
If you can touch all three and they flip back and forth showing the different bar codes, it is real.
The fake ones are screen shots.
You should also see the icons at the bottom of the page in this order: perks, offers, my list, checkout, me.

Hope that helps.

I know which ones are fake they look terrible and the font is ridiculous -_- it's like they think we are stupid. All most all our cashiers know this, its just we do not accept red perks, I should ask exactly why my next shift, but all I know now is that we do not, until it comes out.

Even in stores that don't have perks, there are now "exclusive offers" just for you, so you really shouldn't be using your barcode for guests. The point of cartwheel is to get people in the store using it, not yo rely on a cashier to use their own cartwheel.

I'm very clear with guests that there are Cartwheel-specific savings and if they don't have Cartwheel, they don't get the savings.

I had a guest the other day using Cartwheel (we are in a perk area). She had less than $100 in savings but had accumulated over 50K in points. Say what? She must've been finding receipts and scanning them to get that many.

I'm very clear with guests that there are Cartwheel-specific savings and if they don't have Cartwheel, they don't get the savings.

I had a guest the other day using Cartwheel (we are in a perk area). She had less than $100 in savings but had accumulated over 50K in points. Say what? She must've been finding receipts and scanning them to get that many.

What do you mean? I don't know about scanning receipts. Are you speculating or is there a way to scan receipts?
You don't have to save anything to get perks. "Get 10 points for every dollar you spend, even on items with no Cartwheel savings."

Yeah, if a guest forgets their cartwheel and only wants the points, they can open the app at home, scan the barcode at the top of their receipt up to 3 days later and get their points that way.

Yeah, if a guest forgets their cartwheel and only wants the points, they can open the app at home, scan the barcode at the top of their receipt up to 3 days later and get their points that way.

I think that you are right. I'm going to try that with a sale that I forgot to scan yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back