Archived Halloween?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I asked like 5 different ETLs and GSTLs and LODs and they all said "make sure you're still overly red with khakis... face showing."

Im taking advantage. Looking at other posts it really differs on store so I'd ask the people at your store instead.

Last edited:
At my store they don't allow anything:/ I remember for Christmas last year someone wanted to wear a hat and they said no that's not brand ( seriously) can wear jewelry if you want or socks. The funny thing is people wear hats all the time ( they aren't religious or anything) one guy wears a Deadpool hat all the time and they never say anything.. Definitely not brand.

Deadpool is red!

We were told we can wear reasonable costumes if we were red

"Are you SURE you don't have this in the toddler sizes??"
"So every store in the area is sold out?"
"Wow is this really all you guys have?"
"When are you getting more dry ice in?!"
"But I can't go to Spirit Halloween instead! that's so expensive!"
"Why isn't anything on clearance yet?"
"Where's the shark costume?! The website said you had it!"
Seasonal also looks like a huge fucking mess and it's seriously unzoneable aside from picking up all of the damn costumes off the floor. Also a lot of the time some stupid teens will put on the costunes and take selfies

The day after Halloween is the real nightmare for Guest Service TMs. It's great telling multiple people that no, they cannot return that costume they oh so obviously wore for some drunken party and now want their money back for. Then they scream and yell at the GSTL or LOD until one of them caves and approves the refund.

UGH yes! I am not at the service desk anymore but I don't mind telling people no. I don't care if they scream at me. I know that the GSA's and GSTL and most LODs back us up. There is just one LOD who caves.

The day after Halloween is the real nightmare for Guest Service TMs. It's great telling multiple people that no, they cannot return that costume they oh so obviously wore for some drunken party and now want their money back for. Then they scream and yell at the GSTL or LOD until one of them caves and approves the refund.
"YES yes I totally just bought this and never wore it even though it smells like cigarettes and 151"

get ready ...
Halloween-adult-ecard.jpg

If only we could dress up. I could totally be the ghoul that rattles shelves and peghooks around in the fixture room ;)

Seasonal also looks like a huge fucking mess and it's seriously unzoneable aside from picking up all of the damn costumes off the floor. Also a lot of the time some stupid teens will put on the costunes and take selfies
I love making Halloween bins. Use soft lines bars to pack out what you can and fences to make dump bins. Tons of the crap is not even buyable. Especially costumes that have been thrown to the basedeck, missing pieces and just down right pathetic lol. Last year I just found the dpci for said costumes and organized it for guest service. Let's be honest some of that crap people just aren't going to buy and helps to deal with it sooner. We start Christmas tomorrow

I'm not talking about the deadpool hat at Halloween I'm talking about during normal business hours. I was saying how they were yelling at someone last year making a fuss how they couldn't wear a Christmas related item ( hat) saying it wasn't brand and how we couldn't wear a Fourth of July headpiece but yet someone wears a deadpool hat on the clock like it is no big thing... So ya we definitely wouldn't be able to wear headpieces during Halloween because again it's not brand.

You forgot" can I get a refund when they go on clearance?" Nope! By it now or wait until its 30%.

If this Halloween will be like any previous ones, it'll be a rush of people from 10am-4pm looking for last minute Halloween costumes and candy, then it'll be really slow right up until closing.

Yeah, work late afternoon (4-6 pm time span) to 11:30. I'm expecting for it to be slow and most likely to be doing work I don't normally do due to the slowness

On Halloween, I once had a guy come in who looked like Jon Gosselin. I was about to compliment him on the costume, when he asked me where the costumes were.

I, however, do not think it actually was Jon...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back