Having a leader fix his punch

Hi so I’m a HR team member. I had noticed that a leader took a short lunch and I told him to correct it since I talked to him and he didn’t know that he took a short lunch. The thing is, my HRTL knew about the short lunch and sent a compliance update to our ETL. Since I had him correct it, how badly could we get punished for it? I have a fairly great relationship with my ETL but I’m starting to worry that I did not use my best judgment on having the lead correct his punch.

To have a short lunch, he must have already done a punch correction as the time clock won't let you punch in early. Looks like that TL did the math wrong. You shouldn't be in trouble for asking someone to fix a punch. Seems odd to me that your TL wouldn't have tried to speak with him.

We still have an old time clock but have known that the first 2 times a Tm tries to punch end meal - if it’s short - it will be refused as “short meal”. However, the punch clock WILL accept the end meal punch the THIRD time it is tried - even IF it is STILL a short meal punch time.

If you start the day with end or start meal and then take lunch, you could easily do a short lunch.

I never had access to fix my own punches. Those that did even lost it with modernization. Are you sure they personally changed it?

Hi so I’m a HR team member. I had noticed that a leader took a short lunch and I told him to correct it since I talked to him and he didn’t know that he took a short lunch. The thing is, my HRTL knew about the short lunch and sent a compliance update to our ETL. Since I had him correct it, how badly could we get punished for it? I have a fairly great relationship with my ETL but I’m starting to worry that I did not use my best judgment on having the lead correct his punch.
Do not worry. YOU didn’t change it FOR him. HE corrected the punch, he didn’t HAVE to, it is now between him and the ETL. You shouldn’t have anything to do with it. Most leaders I know do some work during lunch, even if it’s answering a walkie call, so adding a few minutes for a meal punch shouldn’t be that big of a deal. It’s possible they took a few minutes extra break later to make up for the shortened meal.

You can also punch back in if you clicked out for day and then start shift. My time doesn’t record the type of punch, just the time of it.
There is a tab in everyone’s time card that says audit. Anyone who has access to time cards, in MyTime can click it and see exactly what a person punched, whether it is start work, in work, start meal, end meal.

Back