Archived Help. Kinda scared

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol ok I started a few weeks ago and a guest called asking for an item and if there was a sale for it. I went to check and I saw the item and the price tag under it so I just assumed everything would be in the correct place (I don’t know why) turns out the item was in the wrong place and I looked at the wrong price. The customer made a show and called corporate on someone. I feel super bad, would that person get in trouble? Would I get in trouble? Help.

You will both be fine. In the future, if you have a myDevice on you, scan the product to double-check the price.

Thank you so much. I was pretty nervous 😫 do you know if they would want to talk to me about it or something?

Thank you so much. Much love to everyone who responded, you made me feel much better ☺️❤️

They called corporate directly?? I'm not sure how one would even go about doing that. Talk about the hold time... No one will get in trouble. The most I could say is if you or your Team Mate were getting a bunch of complaints, then maybe you would get a talking to at most. I would not worry about this at all.

I’m not even sure what happened. My other team members were just telling me that the lady was being really rude. The guy who the lady called corporate on came over and asked who made the mistake and started saying that it wasn’t my fault at all. After it happened my etl just said that I should double check next time and I’m still like “that was it? I thought I’d get in trouble or something” maybe they went easy on me because I started a couple weeks ago?

Don’t worry. It was probably a GSTM who was getting yelled at and corporate called on and we’re used to it :)

If you want to clear your conscience, if you know what GSTM was the one being yelled at, a simple “hey I’m really sorry about that, I’ll def check more carefully next time” would mean a lot (to me at least)

Called corporate because of a misplaced item? There are honestly probably HUNDREDS of misplaced items on the shelf at a Target on a given day. It’s just human nature that things will be moved or misplaced. What exactly is corporate supposed to do? “Sorry the item was misplaced?” What if it was done by a customer? Should we monitor all aisles and hunt down all customers that misplaced items? This is nonsensical Tom foolery!! I usually always find at least two or three dozen strays in my department EVERY DAY! If someone calls corporate because of a misplaced item they either have a psychological issue, or they are TRYING to find errors to get some kind of deal, either way people like that are way out of touch with retail reality. This isn’t the Sears home furnishing counter of 1963 with two sales assistants for each customer!!

thank you so much! I will do that, I still feel pretty bad ☹️

yea the person who got corporate called on said it wasn’t my fault at all but, I feel pretty bad. It was an expensive item. I just assumed it would be in the correct spot ☹️

yea the person who got corporate called on said it wasn’t my fault at all but, I feel pretty bad. It was an expensive item. I just assumed it would be in the correct spot ☹
Please don’t feel bad. I’m serious when I say we’re used to it. We have Corp called on us all the time :)

Please don’t feel bad. I’m serious when I say we’re used to it. We have Corp called on us all the time :)
Yep. Got Corp called on me today because I wasn't at Guest Service when she came in, I was cleaning the restroom. Karen didn't wait the minute it took me to finish. We'll see what comes of it tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back