Hiring standards stricter now?

I was a longtime TM, I reapplied (not to the store where I used to work) for a seasonal position at one store and a permanent position at another. And rejection. I was at Spot for a number of years. I left my store on good terms less than a year ago.

What happened? Did their hiring standards get strict these days?

Any of our old TMS had to adapt to modernization and those who didn't or refused left. Have you called HR to ask them?

the HR at the Walmart said she had to go through 300 applications.
I always list my felonies as achievements. Is that wrong?

Anyways, probably low hours as many have said. Standards are not up. Distribution Centers used to do a physical test. Lift a box. Step up. Step down. Now we take sight unseen senior citizens and put them in the Outbound wing & wonder why the fail is so strong.

Progress!

Anyways, probably low hours as many have said. Standards are not up. Distribution Centers used to do a physical test. Lift a box. Step up. Step down. Now we take sight unseen senior citizens and put them in the Outbound wing & wonder why the fail is so strong.

Progress!
No. List misdemeanors first, then the felonies. You want to build up to a crescendo.

Overtime in the store is never mandatory and is rarely offered. In the DC though, yes, it is very frequent and talked about during orientation.

Progress!

Yeah I didn't even get interviewed. I applied online, then a couple weeks later got a random email with an offer letter. I was confused but happily accepted the job.

My store still seems to be hiring. We had a dozen or so interviews yesterday. Hours are still fine too, I have 30+ hours a week right now. Though I'm not sure that's true for most people.

My store still seems to be hiring. We had a dozen or so interviews yesterday. Hours are still fine too, I have 30+ hours a week right now. Though I'm not sure that's true for most people.
same on my store. we're hiring, and front end has hours.
that may be due to the fact that for the past month, we've been beating our sales goal by 20-30% every day

I trained a new TM this week, and at least one more GM TM was hired (another TM was training her). I asked my trainee if they were hired as seasonal or perm and they thought perm, so that's interesting. I know I haven't seen at least one of the closing TMs since March, so he might have quit outright.

We've been hiring so much since March and still are. Honestly, I'm not sure who is permanent and who is seasonal anymore. We still have TMs on leave. From March.

Back