Archived Hitting your fifth

Status
Not open for further replies.

whippingboy

Produce Peon
Today I hit my fifth hour. I've only done this once before, five years ago, and it was a huge deal... I was threatened with losing my job back then. Anyway I filled out an immediate punch correction, but am afraid of bad news tomorrow. Really I should have been dishonest about it and not punched out, filled out a punch correction later, but I was distracted yapping with my supervisor. What will happen? How long does this stay on my record, six months?

Ouch, I remember Cali, 3 its a termination.. In Texas is 6hrs, and they don't really give a crap

It all stems from a lawsuit Walmart had put on them for not letting their tms take a break, and it all depends on how much is riding on your etlhr to care or not care

Yep five hours in Cali... guess I'll hear about it tomorrow.

@whippingboy yeah, Cali, if I remember correctly, 3 in a year is a fire.I started in Cali and they drove 3=fire into me as a tm

Reactions: Wat
Minnesota is pretty strict about compliance too. I did get maybe like 2 in my last 5 years at spot, but they were spread out over a long period of time. Never got "threatened" so to say, but they did emphasize to be more careful with my punches.

I prefer rum but it doesn't have quite the same ring to it...

Love some single malt scotch myself, unfortunately I stopped being able to afford it around when the economy hit the skids and I stopped making 35/hr as a contractor...

I guess I should have been fired earlier this year, i have lots of them.
Though its not state law (here anyway) for the 5 hour thing. It is targets law... Some of the managers get way too crazy about it. Others say, try to pay more attention.
One of the problems is that one of the gsa's I occasionally cover, makes it a habit to be late to return from her break. I'll try to get a tl up to the front to cover me, but them and etl's say they will take care of it when I tell them I will be hitting compliance.. Not sure what that means..
Word on the target street is that she will be getting the gstl position that's available.. So glad I've made up my mind to leave after 4th qtr..she is delusional, plays favorites (she likes me so that part is ok), kisses ass to mgmt, and doesn't know how to keep her mouth shut about things that should only be privy to tl's. yet even as a GSA, she wiggles info out of etl's and tl's and then blabs it all over the store..
Wow, that was a long irrelavant rant...sorry.

Oh dear god, just take your freaking lunch. Depending on how much crap the store/company is in for compliance in the region will determine if they just set you aside and tell you to knock it off to threatening termination. It's your responsibility at the 4.5 hour mark to make sure you have coverage, and if you are on something time sensitive to partner with a peer or leader to handle it for you while you take a break.

Easy as pie. Even when cashiering I've made it pointedly clear that if they aren't at the register 10 minutes till I will be signing off and walk to guest service to announce my lunch and leave.

As far as liquor is concerned, I prefer vodka before a flow shift, liquer before salesfloor (gotta make sure it's flavorful to minimize the alcohol smell), and straight up rum/everclear if I'm doing price change.

I went into compliance only twice in the past three years. Six hours is the limit in my state. Both times my HR asked me why I was late going to lunch, I pointed some fingers and he just let it be. Never got an official warning or coaching. Glad my ETL HR is a chill guy.

Last edited:
It's five hours here, Target not state law. I have hit it a couple times a year since I started. Normally because it's quite far from the backroom to tsc and a guest always grabs me.
Normally I get a talking to and sometimes a paper to sign. Sometimes just why did you hit compliance and a reminder to try harder.
Easier last month we knowingly let a group of us hit compliance during WIC training. Never heard a peep about that.

It's five hours here, Target not state law. I have hit it a couple times a year since I started. Normally because it's quite far from the backroom to tsc and a guest always grabs me.
Normally I get a talking to and sometimes a paper to sign. Sometimes just why did you hit compliance and a reminder to try harder.
Easier last month we knowingly let a group of us hit compliance during WIC training. Never heard a peep about that.

Leave the backroom earlier?

You're backroom doesn't have a timeclock?

I know all the stores in my district do, even our ancient, dinky little ULTRA ultra low volume store has two timeclocks.

You're backroom doesn't have a timeclock?

I know all the stores in my district do, even our ancient, dinky little ULTRA ultra low volume store has two timeclocks.

We have a timeclock in our backroom, but it has never worked in the almost 4 years I've been there. So the backroom TMs have to use the one up front by the TSC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back