Archived Holds on Fire Sticks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HardlinesHarlot

Was that call for bikes?
Hey all you beautiful people...just wondering how other stores are handling the Fire Sticks? We (electronics TMs) haven't been placing them on hold due to their high demand, but yet our Target Tech team keep doing it (not leaving dates/times on them either, so when I see it they get returned to the sales floor). It's incredibly frustrating. Also I find it ridiculous that guests are allowed to purchase 3 per transaction.

We don't put anything on hold in our store (unless special circumstances are involved). We direct the guest to order the item for store pickup and it automatically goes on hold for them. If the item isn't available to order online, that usually means it shouldn't be on hold anyways.

We don't put anything on hold in our store (unless special circumstances are involved). We direct the guest to order the item for store pickup and it automatically goes on hold for them. If the item isn't available to order online, that usually means it shouldn't be on hold anyways.
I definitely agree with you there. People were placing the apple watches and ipads that were on sale on hold, and I had to explain multiple times why this isn't a good idea. I personally don't feel we should hold anything. You want it, order it online for store pick up.

I definitely agree with you there. People were placing the apple watches and ipads that were on sale on hold, and I had to explain multiple times why this isn't a good idea. I personally don't feel we should hold anything. You want it, order it online for store pick up.
Apple products will allow you to order for store pickup til there is no stock. So thats not an answer for everything. Stores need to makes logical rules, communicate them (posting on door of lockul room helps), and consistently stick to them. Even when guests get bitchy.

Tell them to order it on Target.com. They can pick it up in-store or have it shipped to their home for free.

We don't put them on hold. However, we have all been instructed that if a guest asks we are to tell them we can put them on hold...but they can go to Target.com and do an instore pick up.

We do not place any high demand items on hold at my store. Everything else except food is fair game though. Gotta save the sale.

We really don't have a high demand. Once we get them to the floor they go and usually last into the next day. If they call to put it on hold I usually tell them we only have one and I'll place it on hold. If they come in and see more then power to them.

The only thing we ever put on hold was the classic NES I think. The nintendo switch will be interesting as well.

And I don't even think any stores in my area carry the fire stick

Last edited:

Been saying this since store pick up came to be.

Why exactly are these so in demand? They've been out for years and don't really offer anything different from roku/chromecast/Apple TV.

These ones have the Alexa voice remote, and the benefit of an Amazon device is the ability to watch Amazon Prime content. I'm still not entirely sure why they are such a hot seller at Target though.

We don't limit the sale so we have guest buying as many as they want then before the system updates after they check out we will get a flex for one. I will look at the lod and say "maybe you should limit 1 per guest so we don't kill our score" he'll just walk away.

People are jail breaking them and selling them on eBay for triple the price sometimes. That's why they are so popular.

Since Mobile makes commission off of Apple Watches, if another store makes a call to have a Watch put on hold for a guest, we're expected by our company to follow procedure and hold it for the guest. I can't speak on Fire Sticks and iPads (we don't get commission on those other than a potential Apple Care on the iPad) but we do get major commission for the Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back