Archived Hours where art thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hours at my store are now at the ridiculous level. I am in Market and do the unload with flow team. One day last week I was the only market team member scheduled and only given 5 hours to do zoning, stocking, backstocking, research, etc.... with no help. We are consistently getting 2200+ piece trucks with market getting hit heavily because our sales have been so huge the last couple weeks. It has been a nightmare.

Hahaha on Saturday I was scheduled for closing guest service and we had no closing cashiers or closing self checkout scheduled. When the last cashier was done with their shift I still had 2 full carts of defectives to be worked but I had to be watching self checkout (we had no cashier at that time, just SCO). Nightmare fuel...

Hahaha on Saturday I was scheduled for closing guest service and we had no closing cashiers or closing self checkout scheduled. When the last cashier was done with their shift I still had 2 full carts of defectives to be worked but I had to be watching self checkout (we had no cashier at that time, just SCO). Nightmare fuel...

No one on the salesfloor could've come up to help? Where the hell were your GSTL and LOD? At the very least you should've been on a lane and the GSTL should've been watching SCO.

No one on the salesfloor could've come up to help? Where the hell were your GSTL and LOD? At the very least you should've been on a lane and the GSTL should've been watching SCO.
We had only one person on the sales floor who had already been on register for an hour and had his own stuff to do, no cart attendant, and the GSA was somehow too busy closing registers to help with anything :rolleyes:

Tonight we only had two non-beauty, non-electronics TMs in HL, plus a TL. One short of the usual schedule, and I can only assume days were limited, too, as there were tons of housewares/domestics pulls when I got there and several carts of reshop. They must have been short on cashiers, too, as we kept getting called up (poor S, who wasn't covering either beauty or electronics breaks, so she ended up tapped for backup the most).

They even asked the beauty TM if she wanted to leave an hour early.

Store is a bit of a disaster at the moment, unsurprisingly.

Was it scheduled this way or were there call-outs?

We had barely anyone today either. I was scheduled for SL pricing. There was one point where I spent two hours of my shift not doing pricing. It was backup cashier, take my break, cover electronics break, then push SL reshop. Then after that I did pricing for 15-30 minutes then had to take my lunch. Then cover electronics lunch. Thankfully our hr Tm knows pricing and she was scheduled pricing, too. So I got help. And I ended up staying late so I can get done.

I wonder if it would be ideal to have tm’s take turns backing up so that the same people wouldn’t always back up. Like pog goes up then pricing, then SL, etc.

I feel for you. At my store, POG and pricing used to backup cashier, but then we had to start pulling our own stuff, so we no longer back up.

My BR got a little over 100 hours this week as a B-volume store taking 4 trucks. Pretty painful.

I have learned the on-line schedules are never correct. Always go by the posted paper one. Cause the way the system updates it is so easy to make mistakes even when they try hard not to.

Good to know. So if it's on the paper schedule but not on the online schedule I still follow the paper one, right?

Good to know. So if it's on the paper schedule but not on the online schedule I still follow the paper one, right?

Asants to this we are told to follow online not paper and are responsible for checking it daily. Talk to your schedule maker or hr to see whats up

The paper one doesn't matter either. Our floor team was told to leave after 3 hours today because they changed it online and didn't tell anyone until the huddle today

Online through the eHR/MyTime system should be correct. Unless your store prints a paper schedule every day, it would not reflect any adjustments via shift trades or post-printing schedule adjustments, but MyTime will be correct (if someone has had time to update it).

Unless your store uses a different system, I was under the impression the print schedule was printed from MyTime, so MyTime would have to be correct in order for print to be correct.

Branch, however, is not to be trusted for schedules (which is why they stopped uploading schedules to Branch at my store, because people couldn't figure out that shift adjustments after the schedule was printed wouldn't necessarily be reflected in Branch).

So this is turning into a big controversy at my store now. 3 other TMs said they were also cut without warning this week. One spoke to a couple different TLs who said they had to do it and it had to be taken care of by a certain time today, without explaining why. I've been told numerous times that they're not allowed to just cut hours without asking so I don't know what's going on. Can they do that? What are the actual policies on this?

Last edited:
So this is turning into a big controversy at my store now. 3 other TMs said they were also cut without warning this week. One spoke to a couple different TLs who said they had to do it and it had to be taken care of by a certain time today, without explaining why. I've been told numerous times that they're not allowed to just cut hours without asking so I don't know what's going on. Can they do that? What are the actual policies on this?

Hotline - now..

The other TMs are talking about calling. I've heard pretty mixed things about the hotline, is anything likely to come of it, good or bad? I don't want to get in trouble and lose even more hours or get one of the other TMs in trouble. Even if I don't give any names they'll know it was us.

Edit: I'm just gonna make a new thread about this.

Last edited:
I've had mostly positive experiences. Something that has been a problem for at least 3 years got resolved and I may not have been the STLs best friend at the time, but 3 years is a long time to be able to claim ignorance on a subject when the issue was taken repeatedly to 3 ETLs and the PMT and TLs told me they went to the STL about the subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back