Archived Hours where art thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Howindahell can this possible work??? Who's covering the cashier for breaks and meal?

They pull someone from the floor or the SCO cashier takes the one open lane and the GSA/TL does their own job *and* watches SCO. Our early shopping guests (Moms with small children and seniors) avoid the SCO and will wait in a 3-5 person long line rather than use SCO so the later option usually works pretty well.

GS at the checklanes.

7078233025_5e0228f9ff_z.jpg

My IGS doesn’t look like that at all...and we never put a sign up on the lanes. Just turn out the lane lights and turn on all the IGS ones. However we usually would have one cashier to cover the lanes plus one GSTM plus the GSTL/A....so 3 total.

Seems like a lot of stores are going from IGS back to a regular service desk in remodels, which is nice.

Seems like a lot of stores are going from IGS back to a regular service desk in remodels, which is nice.

This, a lot of our negative surveys are why we have returns and checkout in the same line. Or OPU people irritated they have to wait for the person buying $300 worth of stuff when they are just picking up.

This, a lot of our negative surveys are why we have returns and checkout in the same line. Or OPU people irritated they have to wait for the person buying $300 worth of stuff when they are just picking up.
The thing that gets me is that we have a tiny ass sign that says "10 items or less" or something for IGS, and it's, like, an official Target-made sign, but it's at the far end of IGS where nobody would see it anyway even if they looked. Stupid.

Jeez, President's Day for us was pretty bad for us. We had a total of 4 cashiers scheduled for the day, on a day that everyone was off, and not to mention we're connected to a Popular Mall. Anyone who was Hardlines was on register for their entire shifts and we had our ETLs even ringing. Jfc

The thing that gets me is that we have a tiny ass sign that says "10 items or less" or something for IGS, and it's, like, an official Target-made sign, but it's at the far end of IGS where nobody would see it anyway even if they looked. Stupid.
Hell, those signs never even worked on Express Lanes because either guests don't read them or don't think it pertains to THEM.

We had more GSAs than cashiers tonight, due to call outs. The rotated the sales floor staff on extended shifts on the lanes so we could have two lanes open, but because we only had 2 HL people in addition to beauty & electronics we had to cover their breaks so one poor SL person ended up on a lane most of the night.

I found that cashiering after 9pm is much more chill than backing up when it's busy. Guests aren't in any kind of hurry.

I managed to pick up quite a few p-fresh hours this week ;)

There's an SFS shift open on Saturday. I've been sorta-trained and could take, but I'm debating. On the one hand, hours. On the other hand, hours. I have my full 3 5-hour shifts next week, so if I take this one that will be fully two weeks without a full day off from either job.

I may see what the next schedule looks like tomorrow.

Jeez, President's Day for us was pretty bad for us. We had a total of 4 cashiers scheduled for the day, on a day that everyone was off, and not to mention we're connected to a Popular Mall. Anyone who was Hardlines was on register for their entire shifts and we had our ETLs even ringing. Jfc
We were busy as well. Just goes to show how poorly the computer plans the schedules.

I managed to pick up quite a few p-fresh hours this week ;)
Pfresh hours, my store hasn't had more than 100 hours for all of market in 8 weeks. We're E2E so pulls not done, pfresh routines not done. Where did your store find hours for pfresh?

Does anybody know if there’s any big change coming to softlines? The new schedule came out with 6 morning people instead of the regular 3 people we usually have. I’m not sure if it’s just March hrs or they are planning something else. That was a big jump in hrs.

Pfresh hours, my store hasn't had more than 100 hours for all of market in 8 weeks. We're E2E so pulls not done, pfresh routines not done. Where did your store find hours for pfresh?
Not sure. I’m not even sales floor trained but the market TL approached me and asked if I wanted a few shifts

Does anybody know if there’s any big change coming to softlines? The new schedule came out with 6 morning people instead of the regular 3 people we usually have. I’m not sure if it’s just March hrs or they are planning something else. That was a big jump in hrs.

Nope. There are just a bunch of pogs this week. The hours are dropping next week for softlines.

We get more hours than we actually need for hardlines tbh.

Oh nice. I think we had like 1200 hours for the entire store last week. So, barely any coverage. Our DTL came in when we had no one scheduled on a register.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back