Archived Hours where art thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.
They seem to be holding me pretty steady at just over 20 hours from week to week.

New schedule that just came out and all I got was 12 hours in market so annoying.

I feel you on the market thing.....NOBODY gets more than 4 or 4 1/2 hours in market for the day except our TL last few weeks and upcoming week, its rediculous. I am the most senior market person over there and have been over there the longest since we first launched pfresh and I am getting 22 or 20 hours a week. When we launched this process I thought we were actually going to be getting some more hours not try to stretch the hours as thin as possible and be drowning in catching up every single day from truck push and autofills. Im about done with this BS and am looking at other jobs

Our DTL came in when we had no one scheduled on a register.

Idk but my store also had no closing cashiers or self checkout scheduled the other day haha

k5pyflI.jpg

The other night we only had 1 cashier because of callouts. Skeleton crew sales floor meant constant backing up, half hearted zones and heaps of abandon at close....good times, good times.

I just wish my hours were a little steadier. One week I get 35 or so, then the next I get bumped down to 26, then back up to 33, etc...I never know what I'm going to be working. I was promised some SCO shifts to help my hours but I'm getting like one a week if that lol

No cashiers scheduled to close? That's as bad as none scheduled to open. Which my store always does. First cashier comes in 1 hour after open. And we just have sco and the desk from 8-9

No cashiers scheduled to close? That's as bad as none scheduled to open. Which my store always does. First cashier comes in 1 hour after open. And we just have sco and the desk from 8-9

Nah none scheduled to close is inf worse than to open because usually there are alot of TMs/TLs/ETLS around usually in the morning...at night...GL....barely anyone there

On the latest posted schedule there are 62 TMs who have 20 hours or more.....and 61 TMs at less than 20 hours as scheduled.
How in the heck are people supposed to pay bills?
I am so incredibly frustrated now. Is Spot counting on TMs to quit? Because, at this moment in time I'm trying to decide if I ought to go to a temp service or start to put my resume out on the big sites that locate jobs for people.

There was a time, not too very long ago, that I was beginning to hunt for something else, but my working conditions changed and I decided to put a job search on the back burner. Now though they are only doing 4 - 5 1/2 hour shifts for cashiers and I can't make it on the hours that I am getting now.....well, even if I had all 5 1/2 hour shifts I wouldn't be getting enough hours......guess I have my answer, don't I?
Do I temp or do I look for a job? I'm not sure that being a temp is for me. So, I'll have to go the job hunting route.....which is a pita.

If they can't afford to pay people now, how in the world will they be able to afford to pay people $15 an hour? I find it ludicrous to think they can't habe anything but a skeleton crew now. Imagine how bad it will be then.

My STL randomly decided to give out a TON of hours for the past week and this week so I’m going to be working my butt off to make up for the 1 shift a week that I was getting during Feb. I have no idea why we had so many extra hours to give out but literally everyone that asked was given extra hours (I was given like 30 extra) :confused:

. I have no idea why we had so many extra hours to give out

You probably made sales and were given flex hours (hours you don't get until you make sales consistently)

Definitely take advantage.

So what is the opposite of flex hours? A skeleton crew???

Our Feb week 4 forecast are lower than our March week 1 yet we got 200 more hours of payroll this week. Amazing

Been getting 8 hours a week since the beginning of the year and my leaders say there’s nothing they can do.

I can't believe you tolerate that.

I'd be GONE.

It’s only a matter of time. I’m in the process of looking for something else, while at the same time going to Human Resources and talking to the ETL there and I’m going to ask why I have no hours and why there’s so much favoritism going on. Dayside people get 4 or 5 days every week, and even being overnight a lot of my co workers there still get 3/4 days, so even after meeting with them I still won’t be there long because they obviously don’t care about certain people.

It’s only a matter of time. I’m in the process of looking for something else, while at the same time going to Human Resources and talking to the ETL there and I’m going to ask why I have no hours and why there’s so much favoritism going on. Dayside people get 4 or 5 days every week, and even being overnight a lot of my co workers there still get 3/4 days, so even after meeting with them I still won’t be there long because they obviously don’t care about certain people.
Just saying, if your end goal is more hours and not just airing your grievances, going to HR and screaming favoritism is absolutely not the way to get them. Asking them about your lack of hours is fine, but I'd hold off on the favoritism part for the moment lol.

If there are extra shifts lying around through call offs or whatever, who would your ETL HR have be called first - the guy who screamed favoritism and potentially insulted their management skills in the process or the guy who didn't?

Just saying, if your end goal is more hours and not just airing your grievances, going to HR and screaming favoritism is absolutely not the way to get them. Asking them about your lack of hours is fine, but I'd hold off on the favoritism part for the moment lol.

If there are extra shifts lying around through call offs or whatever, who would your ETL HR have be called first - the guy who screamed favoritism and potentially insulted their management skills in the process or the guy who didn't?

I guess I didn’t really convey my message well enough lol. I’m more or less going to try and get hours first and find out why I’m not being given any and if the answer isn’t to my liking or I’m told that i wont be getting any in the near future, that’s when the favoritism part is going to come in. And I’m not going to go in there and yell or puff my chest, I will be nice and respectful about it while getting my point across. We’re a week into March now and I haven’t been called in to cover any call outs as of yet. I appreciate the advice rog, I’m just a little fed up, I’ve been with target two and a half years and always do my job, never been written up or coached, stay late when asked, help in other areas etc. and I just don’t think I’m being treated right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back