Archived Hours where art thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.
my schedule atm 38.0 40.0 40.0....yeah crosstraining is fucking awesome...makes the week go by fast too when you never work the same work center more than two days ina a row...so much to juggle and weekends off, too! even though im open availability all weekend but be damned if I dont take a weekend shift if Im at 32 or below hours. Let me hit 40 and max that check out. I don't have time in life to be making less than what's optimal.

I don't even know what to do. I run around all of Hardlines, answer the phone, attempt to set five sales plans in a day, cover electronics beauty, Starbucks, AND the occasional GS shift. I bust my ass more than anyone else in the store (which has been said by many) and I only got 18.5 hours on the new schedule.

Don't know why I bothered to let my HR ETL know that my partner's severance was going to run out...apparently that meant cutting my hours?

I pretty much had a nervous breakdown in the fixture room. I really wanted to get into Logistics but now I don't even know what to do. I hate to find another job because we might be moving for my SO's job. I'm a wreck. Totally at a loss.
fuck im sorry about that...Im sure its tough to pick up shifts at this time of year too because people snipe that swap shift sheet like vultures

So we were told at huddle tonight that a computer program that dictates who and when to hire is part of why we have no hours. Then they went on to say corporate sent down directions that tms will only be scheduled part time hours because working 8 hour shifts is to exhausting. We were told that direction from corporate was to give 4 to 4.5hr shifts to anyone below tl. Then they continue saying if we kept our sales trend we will get 300hrs to put into the schedule the end of the month. . .I smell a hell of a lot of bullshit in this huddle :/

We've been told the same thing. We've also had an increased amount of turnover and petty coachings. For instance, some were written up for being out with the flu because the team leads were told they would be written up for failure to hold their team accountable if they didn't coach.

ETL's are dropping like flies, experienced TM's are dropping, and the hours keep dropping too. Many TM's have been voicing the troubles they're having with making ends meet due to the cut in hours that have been ongoing since last year, and they are given the same "pick up available shifts, cross train, is your availability open?"

These TM's have been with the company for years, been crosstrained to almost every department, and had open availability until the lack of hours forced them to pick up a second job.

We recently had a new hire quit after a few weeks because he said we were treating our employees worse than Amazon did when he worked there.

I think the writings on the wall though. The future is contract employees. That's why they're pushing end to end so heavily. If they can contract employment out to companies like Shipt that specialize in a specific area, then they ultimately save money. Look at Target mobile. They are contracted out and they usually start at $8, maybe $9 an hour. If you contract your labor, the only ones left making $15 an hour will be team leads who already made that much.

The future is contract work. Target is getting a head start.

We're also going to hit a very hard time in the future when the bill comes due on all of the remodels and the increase in sales isn't enough to cover it.

Not always losing money. I have had people come into the store to pick up their online order, be it STS/OPU, and then went to do more shopping.
@Backroom81 This is true. Guest would buy non-perishables and then buy milk, cheese and other grocery items. Along the way, they buy something else. The OPU/STS is to have the guest in the store, to buy more stuff.

So we were told at huddle tonight that a computer program that dictates who and when to hire is part of why we have no hours. Then they went on to say corporate sent down directions that tms will only be scheduled part time hours because working 8 hour shifts is to exhausting. We were told that direction from corporate was to give 4 to 4.5hr shifts to anyone below tl. Then they continue saying if we kept our sales trend we will get 300hrs to put into the schedule the end of the month. . .I smell a hell of a lot of bullshit in this huddle :/
8 hours is too exhausting? Sounds like a load of bull crap to me.

And my store had 4 new cashiers training this week. Cashiers that are not SD or SCO trained aren't even getting 15 hrs. a week even with open availability.

Late last Fall the cashiers were given the "8 hours is too long and cashiers get tired" they also said that long hours caused TMs to get burnt out. So, they've stayed with the 4 & 5.5 shifts for cashiers. Consumables shifts are short too, but the salesfloor shifts seem to be at 7.5 or 8 hours.
I don't know what they are trying to do, but if getting all new TMs at $12.00 an hour is their goal then they'll be there quicker than they think.
I'd love it if all Target's TMs put their 2 weeks' notice in and all of us leave the last day of March.

Late last Fall the cashiers were given the "8 hours is too long and cashiers get tired" they also said that long hours caused TMs to get burnt out. So, they've stayed with the 4 & 5.5 shifts for cashiers. Consumables shifts are short too, but the salesfloor shifts seem to be at 7.5 or 8 hours.
I don't know what they are trying to do, but if getting all new TMs at $12.00 an hour is their goal then they'll be there quicker than they think.
I'd love it if all Target's TMs put their 2 weeks' notice in and all of us leave the last day of March.
like what Toy 'r' us is doing?

@Backroom81 This is true. Guest would buy non-perishables and then buy milk, cheese and other grocery items. Along the way, they buy something else. The OPU/STS is to have the guest in the store, to buy more stuff.

I'm aware of this. The problem is that by having the pickup at the guest service desk, you greatly reduce the chance the guest will bother to get anything else. There's a reason that Wal-Mart's pickup is in the back of the store.

One huge reason that we have the seasonal stuff way back in the store is to get guests to pass by all the stuff they see and decide to buy.

Sometimes it make me wonder....who is on the leading edge........is it Wally World or is it little Spot?
Seems to me that Wally World is way ahead of us.....they are already doing things that will make us look like we are behind.

I'm aware of this. The problem is that by having the pickup at the guest service desk, you greatly reduce the chance the guest will bother to get anything else. There's a reason that Wal-Mart's pickup is in the back of the store.
Can't do your "Run and Done" if it's at the back of the store. Lol Wonder if they will eventually do away with quick pick up.

It’s a way to cut costs. Setting up a new section in every Target near the back of the store will take valuable salesfoor/backroom space and cost money. All of my Walmart’s have pickup at the service desk in my area, which is by the front entrance.

It’s a way to cut costs. Setting up a new section in every Target near the back of the store will take valuable salesfoor/backroom space and cost money. All of my Walmart’s have pickup at the service desk in my area, which is by the front entrance.

My local WMs also have pick up at the front of the store.

Walmart is actually moving it to the front of the store when they do remodels, and they are adding drive-up grocery pickup areas behind stores where possible.

They are trying to cater to the online shopper who values convenience over everything. If it's going to be inconvenient, they'll just order somewhere else.

Because the space they had available in the demo store was in the back and it was simple luck that people would buy more as they walked through. (ie you are giving them credit for something they got lucky at. I know I saw the reports)

Walmart is actually moving it to the front of the store when they do remodels, and they are adding drive-up grocery pickup areas behind stores where possible.

They are trying to cater to the online shopper who values convenience over everything. If it's going to be inconvenient, they'll just order somewhere else.
This is true and remember amazon delivers. So we have to decide do we want a guarenteed purchase or them to wander around and leave with nothing?

Okay but have you ever tried to return something at Walmart? Straight up nightmare. Honestly a completely clunky, annoying process from start to finish.
Returns are designed as a DISincentive because people tend to abuse it there. When I ran the hotel, the ertzwhile owner (we discovered he really wasn't; a bank was, but thats a story for another time) loved to buy stuff, use it once or twice and then return it. At Walmart I habitually informed CS that items were out of date or not returnable if they were used like Lawnmowers filled with gas and grass. Or hedgeclippers.

If its broke, it can't be used. Thats a good return. Using it once and returning because you needed it once is not. Thats theft of different stripe.

Wow....this next week there are some hours! I suppose that it is because it is the week before Easter. I'm guessing that the week after that the hours will go down again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back