Archived Hours where art thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My hours have been good all 2018 except one week they mixed up my vacation request. The sbux schedule is still done by a person in my store. I got one shift that week because the computer put me in A&A. Now though I'm getting all the "everyone hates AA and all the new A&A people quit after one shift" hours.

Anyone elses store who is low volume going from MWF to MWS(aturday)?
I was looking at my schedule and the week of April 2nd we are working MWS.
I wonder when they are going to tell us how things are rolling down from the power to be.

Happened to my store too. Apparently it is an attempt to increase the no. of sales floor team members to assist guest without increasing payroll. :confused:

I just don't know what to think of this decision. o_O

Within the next 30 - 60 days we'll loose a lot of flow team members.

Happened to my store too. Apparently it is an attempt to increase the no. of sales floor team members to assist guest without increasing payroll. :confused:

I just don't know what to think of this decision. o_O

Within the next 30 - 60 days we'll loose a lot of flow team members.
At my store, 90% of the flow team keep their heads down and ignore guests. 5% will try to foist guests on to other TMs. So only 5% are actually greeting each guest.

At my store, 90% of the flow team keep their heads down and ignore guests. 5% will try to foist guests on to other TMs. So only 5% are actually greeting each guest.

The inability to focus on two primary task simultaneously is where the problem lies. If you try to do both, one will eventually lag behind due to time and attention. Most people just make a decision on what to do based on the expectations laid out to them.

I personally make it a point to acknowledge a guest who comes within close proximity or looks lost if I see them. That being said, if you get too much traffic, you'll never get anything accomplished. Been there and suffered through the consequences of being questioned about "Why is it taking so long to push the area?"

Most of the time, if your concentrating on your job, you will be oblivious of what's going on around you until you look up. It's not necessarily ignoring the guest, more of a focusing on the task at hand from what I have observed.

Our STL told us yesterday of the changes including the schedule change. I do my best to assist the guest in anyway possible. But a few of my flow Team members are like I'm not changing my availability or I don't work weekends. My ETL wasn't too happy about it but it is what is.

I have 39.5 hours next week.

WTF-600x708.jpg

ALL CA shifts!

I always do this. I’m like “sorry I’m new so idk but let me find someone for you who knows” and then I dip
Whenever I’m on my break and someone walks up to me “oh sorry this isn’t my department but let me find someone for you”

Plano has a heavy workload to reset after Easter... so, we have 39 hours a piece. The following week... the team is scheduled 16 hours each. This up and down roller coaster of hours is getting ridiculous. I think Xmas was the last time I was scheduled a solid 40. New STL comes on board and hours get cut. Doesn't matter that we're making sales... that BS about sales = hours at every huddle.

I honestly can't remember a time in my life when I was more stressed than my time with Target. Sounds silly, but this place is destroying me on the regular.

So our Market TL was comparing hours from last year and this year to see why they’re struggling in Market.

I did the same thing checking my Flow team hours

I’m getting screwed hard.

Back then we have 22+ TMs. Now I have 16 TMs, with the same size of trailers. 4.5-5hr shifts compared to now where they only get 4hr shifts.

Wtf?

So our Market TL was comparing hours from last year and this year to see why they’re struggling in Market.

I did the same thing checking my Flow team hours

I’m getting screwed hard.

Back then we have 22+ TMs. Now I have 16 TMs, with the same size of trailers. 4.5-5hr shifts compared to now where they only get 4hr shifts.

Wtf?

Wow, you lost over 1/3 of your hours. That's rough.

Not happy, but not angry either. Most have other jobs or commitments so aren't bothered by the low hours. What seems to bother them most are the expectations to get the work done in 3 hrs.

Plano has a heavy workload to reset after Easter... so, we have 39 hours a piece. The following week... the team is scheduled 16 hours each. This up and down roller coaster of hours is getting ridiculous. I think Xmas was the last time I was scheduled a solid 40. New STL comes on board and hours get cut. Doesn't matter that we're making sales... that BS about sales = hours at every huddle.

I honestly can't remember a time in my life when I was more stressed than my time with Target. Sounds silly, but this place is destroying me on the regular.
same shit is happening at my target, i feel like my team gets the worst of it, A&A, because our new stl is fucking clueless. if i dont move to another team im gonna jump off of a bridge

Same, the 90% including the one who just got promoted to TL.

Flow team at my store is more 50/50 at least some acknowledge guests and help if they can. Best way to stock is get as much done before store open though.

Myself and others are about to move on because of this. How's everyone's mood there?
Same at my store with the 3-hour shifts - and tons of stuff still not pushed sometimes when people have to leave for other jobs. We're getting fewer hours at Target so those of us with other jobs look for more hours with our other employers - boo-hoo for Target, but don't expect me to keep my availability open for you when you send me home after 3 hours.
We're not grumpy every day, but sure not as happy as once upon a time when we were scheduled for at least 4 hours and very often got more.

We recently got a third TL for soft lines even though we've always had just two, so we have three team leads taking up soft lines hours, so that dings everyone's hours and then we just hired a new VM, so I'm not doing adjacencies anymore, that dings my hours even more, so I'm really scrounging taking any shifts I can to keep my head above water and a lot of the other SLTMs really aren't happy with their hours.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back