Archived Hours where art thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My family member keeps getting 5 days a week when they requested 2 days max.
Extra shifts just sit on the swap board and the branch manager app - untaken.
The store is very dysfunctional.

My family member keeps getting 5 days a week when they requested 2 days max.
Extra shifts just sit on the swap board and the branch manager app - untaken.
The store is very dysfunctional.

Max. hours in ehr reflect that?

You know hours are tight when your lone hr TM (down from 2) is out working on the floor AND running the lanes when the GSTL is on break.

I have 10 hours on the newest schedule.

We were warned at our flow huddle, that after tomorrow April hours will be like February. I'm scheduled 20. Fine by me!

What area of the store?
Cashier & a minor during school.
So theoretically possible but ridiculous when they have other people who need the hours.
Yes HR knows too. They just have a new minimum wage team member making the schedules now.

minimum wage....would that be the $12.00 that all of will be earning.....

My STL told us that we no longer lose hours when we miss sales. I dunno how new that is, but it's about time.

Also, I was helping out another store and another TL told me their STL let's them have up to 5 hrs of OT a week. Not sure how that's possible, but sign me up.

Been kinda while since I've actively posted due to job search but yeah, our store pretty much cut the black line process. Sending flow home at 9 instead of 10 and the flow and br tl backstocking has cause everyone in the backroom and instocks to seek better employment

I don't get, if you had 5 brtms, all who do pretty much the same work, and had 100 hours (just an example) for the week, wouldn't you give them all 20 each? Not give one 40, one 30, one 20 and the two 5 lmao?

Oh well

Kinda glad, I found a better paying job, with a set schedule, paid holiday, better 401k and few other perks. No stress (not that get stressed) trying to meet unrealistic goals while the lod calls out every fucking flex that drops while you're trying to pull the 3s, guest pull, backstock and set the line all during your 3 and half hour shift

@Kompa hour allocation depends on several things, the biggest being availablity. The person with the most open availability should get the most hours. It doesn't matter if they are always scheduled 9-5 if their availability is 4AM to midnight and someone else's is only 9-5 then the person that has open availability should be getting the most hours. If my truck days I have one person always being unavailable they should not get priority in hours unless they are a TL and even then it's going to depend on the culture of the store. If the store has a callout culture then the TL should never be scheduled for more than 36 hours as they will need the 4 hours to do work from the callouts. It's easier to get a TL to stay and flex their schedule then it is to get almost anyone else.

@Kompa hour allocation depends on several things, the biggest being availablity. The person with the most open availability should get the most hours. It doesn't matter if they are always scheduled 9-5 if their availability is 4AM to midnight and someone else's is only 9-5 then the person that has open availability should be getting the most hours. If my truck days I have one person always being unavailable they should not get priority in hours unless they are a TL and even then it's going to depend on the culture of the store. If the store has a callout culture then the TL should never be scheduled for more than 36 hours as they will need the 4 hours to do work from the callouts. It's easier to get a TL to stay and flex their schedule then it is to get almost anyone else.
sounds like koolaid talk to me

there are plenty of people in this very thread who have open availability and dont call but are getting shafted while the ass kisser gets the full shift

@Kompa if that's the case at your store then you have leaders that are dicks and bad at their jobs. I'd rather a team full of reliable part time people with a hodgepodge of availablity than a team of dedicated people all looking for 40 hours. Having someone looking for 20 hours cut to 16 isn't likely going to cause them to seek employment elsewhere. Having someone looking for 40 cut to 32 is likely to get them to move on.

I may not call people in based on their availability, but I schedule based on it. If hours are tight and it's 30 hours for everyone with open availability then the TL is going to get 32 or 34 not 40. But the TL will also be expected to be the first to extend for call outs.

Because I'm a cashier and shifts a re 4-5.5 hours, there's no way that I'll get the hours that I got before they screwed around and decided that 8 hour shifts are too long.
So, even with open availability I won't get my hours.

In Feb. I talked to my ETL-HR and asked if I could get more hours once the hours started to increase. Our store hours haven't increased and I don't know when or if they ever will!

Hours are so tight that there aren't any shifts on the swap board.

Oh well....so it goes.....

I HAD FOUR HOURS THIS WEEK

like normally I'd be pissed but we're on the end of the remodel and I was going to complain to the plano TL but then I was like "you know what you've worked your ass off for this remodel enjoy the week off" and I AM.

Next week is 32 hours again so it's like "fuck it I'm enjoying this"

I HAD FOUR HOURS THIS WEEK

like normally I'd be pissed but we're on the end of the remodel and I was going to complain to the plano TL but then I was like "you know what you've worked your ass off for this remodel enjoy the week off" and I AM.

Next week is 32 hours again so it's like "fuck it I'm enjoying this"

I'm getting ready to do a remodel at another store for 13 weeks. Should I expect to be cut down from 40 that heavily as well towards the end?

hey guys wanna hear a hilarious joke? prepare your sides, this one is good

THE SCHEDULE!

kYQW7sp.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back