Archived Hours where art thou?

Status
Not open for further replies.
AT&T along with Wells Fargo say, because of the new tax cut bill, they are giving their employees a $1000 bonus. I'd be happy if Target just gave me 30 hours each week during Q1.

(Of course, those other companies have matters before federal regulatory bodies and are trying to curry favor with the administration.)

Local (possibly regional) bank is raising the pay for their tellers from 10/hr to $15/hr. C'mon Spot, don't make us wait 3 years to get $15!

I have 12 hrs. More than the other seasonals, but less than the 20+ the other cashiers have. So, dunno if I am staying or not.

I have 12 hrs. More than the other seasonals, but less than the 20+ the other cashiers have. So, dunno if I am staying or not.

Good chance they are keeping you. The directive was to give your regular team members priority for hours then supplement with seasonals.

Also if your shifts are vital times there is a good chance they are real. All our cashier's who got three different 12pm to 4pm shifts, those are dummy shifts

We have many seasonals on the schedule but with 0 hours. What is the point of that? They hadn't gotten around to having conversations?

Good chance they are keeping you. The directive was to give your regular team members priority for hours then supplement with seasonals.

Also if your shifts are vital times there is a good chance they are real. All our cashier's who got three different 12pm to 4pm shifts, those are dummy shifts

I’m Electronics and have 1 6-11 shift on the first and one 12:00-4:30 shift on the second. That’s it for the first week of January for me... slightly worried about being termed

Last edited:
That's more than my store usually gets, yet there are so many NCNS that it hardly matters.
This week, the store has been closed no less than 3 times due to NO coverage. Yes, closed it at 10 AM for an hour to cover the only TM's mandatory lunch and break.

I thought you quit spot a while back

We have many seasonals on the schedule but with 0 hours. What is the point of that? They hadn't gotten around to having conversations?

In order to put someone on the schedule with zero hours you're supposed to have already had the conversation.

I’m Electronics and have 1 6-11 shift on the first and one 12:00-4:30 shift on the second. That’s it for the first week of January for me... slightly worried about being termed

My stores electronic hours dipped from 140 to 106 so I'm not surprised.

Your mid shift could be fake but your closing shift seems real.

Pro tip. Look at the schedule and see if there is another closer in electronics that night. That's a hint it's a dummy shift

In order to put someone on the schedule with zero hours you're supposed to have already had the conversation.

Does it take a few weeks to get TMs out of the schedule sheets once they're no longer with the company? That would make sense--TMs have been told, they're officially done, but it takes the system awhile to clear their names out when printing the schedule.

Does it take a few weeks to get TMs out of the schedule sheets once they're no longer with the company? That would make sense--TMs have been told, they're officially done, but it takes the system awhile to clear their names out when printing the schedule.

People stay on the schedule sheets until they are terminated in the computer by HR which has to happen after their final day

I had 8 hours for the first week in January when I first checked the schedule but now I have 12. I think they realized I want to stay :)

The sheets in the very back...are those the employees that are officially off payroll, either because of termination (involuntary or voluntary) or LOAs?

24 here ... but I asked for a day off. I'm still working 5 days so the hours are just stretched into 4 - 5 hour shifts. I might try to snag an extra cashier shift just to bump it to a possible 30. It's not too bad of a drop. I am surprised I'm only scheduled GS though...usually I wind up in 3 different areas throughout the week.

I wonder if mytime is writing your cashier schedule. Mytime would schedule 4 cashier's for 16 hours at four hours a pop rather than two cashiers for 16 total at eight hours each.

On the one hand that nullifies the effect of a callout because it's easier to get a cashier to extend then to get one to come in who isn't scheduled but it still sucks for the team member.

That said for the areas I write schedules two goals of mine are

A) give people as close to a 8 hour shift as possible

B) for the team members who work both days of a weekend i try to give them two days in a row off so its like a weekend.

I wonder if mytime is writing your cashier schedule. Mytime would schedule 4 cashier's for 16 hours at four hours a pop rather than two cashiers for 16 total at eight hours each.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised. My schedule varies so much every week. One week I'm only in one area scheduled with short shifts, with like 20 hours, and the next week I'm all over the place with 35 and longer shifts. Rinse and repeat. The shorter weeks I almost always get asked to stay later/come in early.

Is there dummy shifts for other workcenters?

Work 20 hrs next week then 5 the next :( Thankfully picked up two extra shifts in Kronos. Nervous because I’m the only one with single digit hours. I wonder if they are going cut me :eek:

Is there dummy shifts for other workcenters?

For sure but it's a little hard to say what's a dummy shift for flow when the shift lengths are pretty much all the same.

I did add a dummy shift for a flow team member on a non truck day on accident and he came up to our etl log asking if he was getting let go

For sure but it's a little hard to say what's a dummy shift for flow when the shift lengths are pretty much all the same.

I did add a dummy shift for a flow team member on a non truck day on accident and he came up to our etl log asking if he was getting let go
For a ship from store shift, is a dummy shift the out of the norm schedule? Say a 430pm-830pm flexible fulfillment one day then OPU pick 11-730 on two separate days

For a ship from store shift, is a dummy shift the out of the norm schedule? Say a 430pm-830pm flexible fulfillment one day then OPU pick 11-730 on two separate days

My store we wouldn't dummy an OPU pick haha those are vital and you have to actually transfer them to the pick workcenter. But regular flex shifts are easy to write dummy shifts for.

My store dropped to like 52 flex hours for January wk 1. It's brutal

My store we wouldn't dummy an OPU pick haha those are vital and you have to actually transfer them to the pick workcenter. But regular flex shifts are easy to write dummy shifts for.

My store dropped to like 52 flex hours for January wk 1. It's brutal

What’s a dummy shift for backroom? I have a mid day from 11am-7:30pm next week..

What’s a dummy shift for backroom? I have a mid day from 11am-7:30pm next week..
At least for my store, that sounds like a dummy shift. If it’s not usually scheduled or peak times, dummy shift from what I’m understanding. I’m still trying to get my head around a “dummy shift” and the reason for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back